News 2017 Club Membership packages

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm moving from the Hickey Stand to the Social Club for a similar reason. Too many idiots around us content to sit there yet will only be vocal towards supporters who like to make some noise .

Plus the new stand looks fantastic! Social Club will offer everything I have now - 16 game membership/premiership member/Simonds seat, without being stuck near the same annoying people all the time.

I think that the Social Club memberships are closed now. But I heard that the Tick head leader is moving to QLD . It may be OK next year.

Can someone please explain this to me? I've just received my rollover for the SC and it's $805.

But the Johnny come lately types who haven't had to pay to be on a waiting list, or be restricted for a few years first can purchase a SC membership for $750 according to https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/packages/view/730/2017-Geelong-Social-Club

After putting up with that craptacular tiny room this year and still paying full price, it's us existing members who should be getting the cheaper deal if anything. This club absolutely baffles me sometimes.
Yep same here $805 up from $700 this year

I was thinking of moving for no other reason than there are a mob of dickheads near us who are regular trouble. I am too old for the dramas but need to be under cover at my decrepit old age. I even considered the Social Club but do not like the idea of of having reserved seats. Plus Catempire will not pick up my tab at the bar.
No reserved seats in the Social Club as far as I know Rabs, its first in first served, sit where you wish

Yeah my digital membership is $160 this year! :eek:

So every member gets a scarf for 2017, no choice, but you then have to pay if you always typically wanted the hat. Hmm. I know we've got debt, but come on. Those premiership members are not seeing any GF appearances for the $195 they tee up each year. :p

Can someone please explain this to me? I've just received my rollover for the SC and it's $805.

But the Johnny come lately types who haven't had to pay to be on a waiting list, or be restricted for a few years first can purchase a SC membership for $750 according to https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/packages/view/730/2017-Geelong-Social-Club

After putting up with that craptacular tiny room this year and still paying full price, it's us existing members who should be getting the cheaper deal if anything. This club absolutely baffles me sometimes.
Asked membership services what the go is:
Thank you for your email.
We in no way have marginalised our returning Social Club members, as the pricing you have given has been slightly misunderstood.
The $750 you mentioned is for new Home Social Club members who are signing up for the first time.

The $805 that you have quoted is actually the price for a Home & Away Social Club for returning members, in which you have received a $50 discount. The regular price for a Home & Away Social Club membership is $855.
I hope this has helped clear up any misconceptions you may have.

Asked membership services what the go is:
Thank you for your email.
We in no way have marginalised our returning Social Club members, as the pricing you have given has been slightly misunderstood.
The $750 you mentioned is for new Home Social Club members who are signing up for the first time.

The $805 that you have quoted is actually the price for a Home & Away Social Club for returning members, in which you have received a $50 discount. The regular price for a Home & Away Social Club membership is $855.
I hope this has helped clear up any misconceptions you may have.

I love reading stuff like that.

No reserved seats in the Social Club as far as I know Rabs, its first in first served, sit where you wish

Yep, I am up with that. It was part of the reason that I decided to stay put.
I would only move to go up a level at K-Park for a better view.

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy as they ream you

So you pay more for remaining a member of the S.C than a blow in who has just signed up.
Interesting.

So you pay more for remaining a member of the S.C than a blow in who has just signed up.
Interesting.
New Home Social Club member = $750
New Home and Away Social Club member = $855
Existing Social Club Home and Away member = $805

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Home Social Club member = $750
New Home and Away Social Club member = $855
Existing Social Club Home and Away member = $805
That makes more sense.
How often do you get down here from Broken Hill to get to a game anyway Boxy?

Last edited:
I got a txt saying my membership roll over was for the next day without any warning or emails that they said they sent.. strange.

I got a txt saying my membership roll over was for the next day without any warning or emails that they said they sent.. strange.

Does they just debit your credit card?
Too bad if you have not charged it with enough funds.

My seat was in the Hickey Stand, on the fence and and in line with the city end centre square line. Close to the action but for 2/3 of the ground is not great viewing. I had to rely on the big screen for live action at times.

I've now upgraded to the upper level of the Hickey stand. The seats are in

Section C5
Row G

On a map it looks to be right in line with the exact centre. I can't find a map that shows individual seating as you can with Hamer Hall or The Palais as examples. I wish there was such a map for KP.

Is anyone familiar with this area? I hope the view is as commanding as level two in the AFL members area at the MCG.

Section C5
Row G

My seat was in the Hickey Stand, on the fence and and in line with the city end centre square line. Close to the action but for 2/3 of the ground is not great viewing. I had to rely on the big screen for live action at times.

I've now upgraded to the upper level of the Hickey stand. The seats are in

Section C5
Row G

On a map it looks to be right in line with the exact centre. I can't find a map that shows individual seating as you can with Hamer Hall or The Palais as examples. I wish there was such a map for KP.

Is anyone familiar with this area? I hope the view is as commanding as level two in the AFL members area at the MCG.

Section C5
Row G

I was looking for the same thing

I was looking for the same thing

A seating map? Hopefully someone can find such a thing. Even the ticket selling agency uses a map that shows general areas but not individual rows and seats. Considering the seats are fixed in a permanent configuration there's no good reason why a detailed map can't be made available.

I moved seats, added on to my sons membership and must admit I found the whole process completely painfree and easy.
Quickly done over the phone, girl even rang me back to tell me she had given me the wrong price for the boys and it would be cheaper so I didn't think something was wrong when the payment came out and it wasn't what she had told me.

Then today first monthly payment came out as expected.

So anyone in the premiership stand bay 24 come say hi :)

Did anyone get to pick which player goes on their membership card, didn't get the choice when I renewed a few weeks ago?

Did anyone get to pick which player goes on their membership card, didn't get the choice when I renewed a few weeks ago?
I don't think that is an option
Last season it was determined by what type of membership you had I think.

I don't think that is an option
Last season it was determined by what type of membership you had I think.

No worries, doesn't worry me, just making sure I wasn't overlooking something:)

Pretty sure it was by membership type like Willo suggested.
Kids got Tommahawk.
Adult H//A got Sel etc.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back