Coaching and off-field staff thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he's the best candidate from their extensive list and searching. Surely it's not because he's already located in Queensland.

Surely.

Part of it would be because of his knowledge of footy in Queensland. They might even move him to Melbourne anyway like we did with Schwab.

Part of it would be because of his knowledge of footy in Queensland. They might even move him to Melbourne anyway like we did with Schwab.
I do remember reading that at one point. Like Schwabby, the new role would be predominantly based in Melbourne. Things may have changed though.

Highly experienced recruiter Dom Ambrogio has been appointed as the Brisbane Lions' new List Manager.

Ambrogio joins the Club after almost a decade at the Gold Coast Suns, most recently as recruiting manager, having worked in the recruitment area prior to that at the Western Bulldogs.

The Lions have gone through an extensive recruitment process since first advertising for the position in mid-December, with a highly credentialed shortlist interviewed over recent weeks.

Lions Football General Manager David Noble said Ambrogio's experience, knowledge and strategic acumen made him an excellent choice for the job.

"We spoke to a number of really impressive candidates but Dom is the person who is the best fit for our football club," said Noble.

"He knows talent, he knows the system and he will bring the high level of experience we need in a List Manager, especially at this stage of our development.

"A number of football staff have come into the Lions over past six months from a variety of Clubs across the AFL and we see great value in that outside experience coming together to enhance all aspects of our football operation.

"We have made a fresh start as a football club and having a List Manager with the pedigree of Dom will be another important piece in the equation as we strive to regain relevance in the AFL world."

Ambrogio will take up his role with the Lions next month.

www.lions.com.au/news/2017-02-16/ambrogio-appointed

Highly experienced recruiter Dom Ambrogio has been appointed as the Brisbane Lions' new List Manager.

Ambrogio joins the Club after almost a decade at the Gold Coast Suns, most recently as recruiting manager, having worked in the recruitment area prior to that at the Western Bulldogs.

The Lions have gone through an extensive recruitment process since first advertising for the position in mid-December, with a highly credentialed shortlist interviewed over recent weeks.

Lions Football General Manager David Noble said Ambrogio's experience, knowledge and strategic acumen made him an excellent choice for the job.

"We spoke to a number of really impressive candidates but Dom is the person who is the best fit for our football club," said Noble.

"He knows talent, he knows the system and he will bring the high level of experience we need in a List Manager, especially at this stage of our development.

"A number of football staff have come into the Lions over past six months from a variety of Clubs across the AFL and we see great value in that outside experience coming together to enhance all aspects of our football operation.

"We have made a fresh start as a football club and having a List Manager with the pedigree of Dom will be another important piece in the equation as we strive to regain relevance in the AFL world."

Any questions bigfooty fans would like me to ask...in or after the coach's forum in Melbourne this evening,I'll try and get them through, nothing smart arsey of cours

Lambo is getting edgey on the Tweet again, actually relieved his odd style isn't being exposed to the players and the drama that brings, honestly believe we are better moving on from him at this point.

Lambo is getting edgey on the Tweet again, actually relieved his odd style isn't being exposed to the players and the drama that brings, honestly believe we are better moving on from him at this point.

Yeah gotta admit I cringed earlier. It seems he just can't resist periodically baiting people into telling him how wonderful and victimised he is.

I can understand his emotions but this is just seriously unprofessional.

Yeah gotta admit I cringed earlier. It seems he just can't resist periodically baiting people into telling him how wonderful and victimised he is.

I like him, but compare last nights efforts to his latest tweets and it just high lights how much we don't need anyone with that mentality around the club ATM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah definitely comes across as a bit of a cry for help/attention.

When I see someone vaguebooking, I just really hope they find an objective professional they can vent to rather than shouting into the ether.

Afore mentioned article

View attachment 351463
Damn it, royboy2 now people will thank I read the HUN

tumblr_lp3uwjp4Jy1qzzd6io1_500.png

Steele Tallon leaving, meh.

Far from meh. I think people forget how unbelievably ****ed the communication lines were between club and fans before Steele took the helm. Really hope they don't backslide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back