Toast 2017 Collingwood AFLW b&f - 1st Stevens, 2nd Eva, 3rd Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to all the women on their season. Tonight's best and fairest has seen Stevens win by 4 votes from Eva and Cameron. Eva also took home the players player award and Hope leading goal kicker.

Our 4 coaches could each award 22 votes per game with a maximum of 4 votes able to be given by one coach to a player, so it was a close contest between Stevens and Eva.

D'Arcy narrowly lead Stevens after 3 rounds and it was a race between two (Stevens and Eva) with one match remaining.

A great night had and it was good being able to see first hand how much footy meant to the players, coach and their families with some touching speeches delivered.

Fantastic achievement for Nicola. I am a history buff and all these 'firsts' (first AFLW game, first goal, first B & F) are grist for the mill.

And second in the counting was Alicia Eva, probably my favourite as the season wore on, with Steph Chiocci!

Article on the Pies website here.

We need a name for the award, but this is something we cant fast track. Like the Copeland, the name needs to be meaningful, and for that we need more time.

Fantastic achievement for Nicola. I am a history buff and all these 'firsts' (first AFLW game, first goal, first B & F) are grist for the mill.

And second in the counting was Alicia Eva, probably my favourite as the season wore on, with Steph Chiocci!

Article on the Pies website here.

We need a name for the award, but this is something we cant fast track. Like the Copeland, the name needs to be meaningful, and for that we need more time.
Hutchins would be my current pick in terms of naming the award for her work setting up our side, but there's no need to rush any naming until there are clear stand outs.

Hutchins would be my current pick in terms of naming the award for her work setting up our side, but there's no need to rush any naming until there are clear stand outs.
Thought she was on and off the field, would be very worthy

Herald Sun has an article about Eva also "exploring her trade options"? Can't see it cos I don't have subscription and it's not cached anywhere yet. Anyone know what's happening (other than our club nosediving in every possible way)?

Sounds Like The Women's Team is a Big of a Joke as the Men's Side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back