2017 Commentary Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hate how every comment he ends by throwing to Shawy...every time!!!

He does that after he has delivered numerous arghhhh and yehh naahhs.
His voice is what I imagine gargoyles would sound like.
Has also picked up the annoying as hell "there's no doubt about that" cliche from Frawley.

He does that after he has delivered numerous arghhhh and yehh naahhs.
His voice is what I imagine gargoyles would sound like.
Has also picked up the annoying as hell "there's no doubt about that" cliche from Frawley.

Not hard though, being around Frawley would make you subconsciously talk in cliches.

'No doubt about that'
'You're spot on Jase'
'Lower the eyes'
'Well done player x'

Not hard though, being around Frawley would make you subconsciously talk in cliches.

'No doubt about that'
'You're spot on Jase'
'Lower the eyes'
'Well done player x'

"Spot on Dwayno"

Whilst not a cliche by any means I swear he says it 20+ times a game.

Brenton Speed is awesome. Get him on their for good. Heard John Casey commentate some of the NBL this season as well as the basketball during the Olympics last year. I thought he was good in his brief stint in footy around 08/09 (I think?)

'No doubt about that'
'You're spot on Jase'
'Lower the eyes'
'Well done player x'

Reminds of the old Doug Hawkins "you're dead right there, Huddo" back in the day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's Triple M's commentary line up for Round 1, absolutely skeletal lineup, a shell of what it once what, damn I'm gonna miss the Chief on the M's. I'll give it a few weeks before I change stations.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/triple-m-round-one-afl-on-air-coverage

A very different look.

I think what has happened is once they knew Lyon wasn't coming back and JB wanted reduced commitments they have gone in a different direction.

It seems to have a less 'boys club' feel to it. It will be interesting to see if the approach on air is different. Some big dollar savings for them as well.

Last edited:
******* awful line up on Triple M tonight. Judd, Howey, Darcy, Barrett, Nathan Brown, and Neroli Meadows???? Would be lucky to get one chuckle from these muppets. See ya Triple M.

Yeah they've gutted the joint.

Best line-ups were in 2009 I think.

Yeah they've gutted the joint.
To be fair to them, their hand was forced in many different ways:
  • JB cutting his workload and only doing Saturday's
  • BT having an increased role at Seven means he only does Saturday's as well
  • Garry Lyon not returning for obvious reasons
  • Danny Frawley (depending on which story you believe) moved to SEN due to a better offer or axed by Triple M
  • Jason Dunstall not doing Friday's anymore due to having a increase role at Fox Footy
Any one of these on its own would have impacted Triple M's coverage in a significant way. However, all five of these things happening at once means its dramatically changed their lineup and commentary teams

Anyone listen to the M's Saturday broadcast? I heard about 2 mins of it in the car. JB hanging s**t on BT, had a Friday Rub feel to it.

I'm gonna miss that show, used to listen to it on the way home then in the car with some mates on the way to watch local C grade

Tim lane and Bruce would be an awesome combo on Friday nights. Both have been the best of the business for so long. Or well gone with BT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back