Opinion Derailed Off-Topic Thread / Are You Bored With Life? discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have silently agreed with most of your arguments but you are talking about the same AFL that brushed over Geelongs oops Trade of draft numbers.
They may have received the Vic team exemption, but it would be a big risk for Geelong to rely on that happening with the chance of severe penalties.

The other clubs kicked up a stink over the draft picks, the AFL was able to get out of sanctioning Geelong by saying "our bad", if Geelong pulled a dodgy deal with Danger like suggested other clubs would have been with us in complaining, and the AFL wouldn't have the same out. There would have been huge pressure to take action and IMO Geelong would have copped a big whack.

They may have received the Vic team exemption, but it would be a big risk for Geelong to rely on that happening with the chance of severe penalties.

The other clubs kicked up a stink over the draft picks, the AFL was able to get out of sanctioning Geelong by saying "our bad", if Geelong pulled a dodgy deal with Danger like suggested other clubs would have been with us in complaining, and the AFL wouldn't have the same out. There would have been huge pressure to take action and IMO Geelong would have copped a big whack.

If PD went to Gil and said "look, I was a bit greedy when i signed this contract, now I'm at the club I realise we wont have success while I'm taking this amount, I want to reduce my contract, how can we do it?" I think Gil would get it ticked off. As long as there is no evidence they planned it before hand.

I don't think there is a rule that contract restructures have to be announced, it's likely if it happened only the AFL, PD and the Geelong list managers would know about it.

If PD went to Gil and said "look, I was a bit greedy when i signed this contract, now I'm at the club I realise we wont have success while I'm taking this amount, I want to reduce my contract, how can we do it?" I think Gil would get it ticked off. As long as there is no evidence they planned it before hand.

I don't think there is a rule that contract restructures have to be announced, it's likely if it happened only the AFL, PD and the Geelong list managers would know about it.
Again though, there is no guarantee of that, it would be a huge gamble to do half of a dodgy deal just assuming that you'll be allowed to get away with the other half. Especially when that specific type of dodgy deal had been highlighted as a target for a crackdown.

Not announcing it wouldn't happen, or would be a stupid move by all parties. Say he'd signed initially for 2 years, immediately 'renegotiated' for 5 years, the public only know of the 2 year deal, we get to year 3 with no announcement and people are going to be saying WTF? People would be asking, "Hey, isn't PD out of contract?" and they'd have to say, "OH, actually he signed an extension a couple of years ago". Big signings like that are simply not kept secret, they are big news for the club and the fans, the only conclusion in that scenario would be that it was kept secret, because everybody involved knew it was dodgy AF and it would totally hit the fan then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More accurately water can make things damp and moist but can be gaseous or frozen as well as wet (liquid)

Yes I was being overly simplistic as a joke.
Does any other element change between these 3 states? My belief is no.

iu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back