Position 2017 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartlett is incredibly underpriced now that he is a dpp def/mid. Interesting times with him, Vince and Adams all Def/Mid and all under $500k.
Holy crap, Hartlett is dirt cheap. I just presumed he averaged 85-90 like he always had. He'll be in a lot of teams.

Hartlett is incredibly underpriced now that he is a dpp def/mid. Interesting times with him, Vince and Adams all Def/Mid and all under $500k.
Reckon both Hartlett and Vince will be closer to $400K which makes them even more enticing.
Vince last three seasons averaged 95.2, 98.1, 92.1 and missed just two games in that time.
Just a thought with Port trying to trade Hartlett and if things go pear-shaped he might be one of the first punted to the 2's.

At this early stage thinking shaw simpson/docherty laird JJ (not sure i am brave enough to have 2 carlton defenders when they will be bottom 4) tom stewart thurlow and either nic newman/luke ryan (whichever looks like getting games early). I am considering tuohy for the last premo spot but i want to see what sort of role we are using him in in the NAB cup first. Hartlett will be cheap but he has burnt me so many times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docherty, Vince and Hartlett early. I think it's a bit like last year we have a heap of rookies in defence so we can go through with 3 premos and rookies. Maybe Thurlow too depending on price, I was super keen on him last year before the knee

Had been pretty set on Docherty/Shaw/JJ.
But I think I'll start with 3 other dogs and give JJ a miss for now.

I didn't realise Vince was already 31 years old.
Adams is a good scorer but can't stay on the field for 20+ games.
More than willing to have Hartlett in my side again. Had a stinker last year, will start at a very tasty price and I'll back him to bounce back.

Love the back line options in 2017, gonna go very deep as I always do in the back line, thinking:

D1 Docherty
D2 Laird
D3 JJ
D4 Vince/Adams/Hartlett
D5 J. Thurlow
Rookies

Tmac is one to consider. 108 avg last 8 games of the year. Will be expensive though.
I actually picked him up in the second half of the year. It was more a feeling I had that he was getting back to some good scoring and the risk paid off.
As Melbourne improve he should continue to improve. Dropped back to around 90 average this year. Could easily improve and could be a decent POD.

TMac started really slowly last year (started him), but was a sensational pickup when he bottomed out. Those who timed that made out like bandits.

Good call on Hartlett consideration, had overlooked him.

I actually picked him up in the second half of the year. It was more a feeling I had that he was getting back to some good scoring and the risk paid off.
As Melbourne improve he should continue to improve. Dropped back to around 90 average this year. Could easily improve and could be a decent POD.
+1. Picked him up around rd 9. Great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back