Position 2017 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw Doc Rance are my first cabs off the rank.

I am waiting on Shaw, I dont think he will be the scorer he was over the past 4-5 seasons, another year older, they might look to develop another player in his role.

I am waiting on Shaw, I dont think he will be the scorer he was over the past 4-5 seasons, another year older, they might look to develop another player in his role.
I was thinking the same. Only tonned up in 3 of last 9 H&A games. Had a huge first half of year but I'm thinking his scoring may go back.

Make no mistake, he's the general in defence. Almost everything goes through him. Def top 5 defender.

Make no mistake, he's the general in defence. Almost everything goes through him. Def top 5 defender.

Yeah it does, no denying that, I just dont see him being that scorer he was, sure there are times he will score big tons, but there will be a few low ones too. More than we've seen before/

I was thinking the same. Only tonned up in 3 of last 9 H&A games. Had a huge first half of year but I'm thinking his scoring may go back.
Will the ball get in their back line?

I started with Shaw then traded him out at exactly the right time (miracle gutsy move)
Ahh yes. It was a master move. Avoided the slump.

Will the ball get in their back line?
Of course it will. It's not soccer where a team can dominate possession in one half. This has always been a stupid theory in regards to footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw's a flog. Tory Dickson showed in the prelim that if you actually play someone on him he is like 20% the player. He cost them that final.

I expect coaches to actually man him up this year.

Only Cats Defenders I would tell people to consider would be:

- Thurlow (cheap coming back after ACL, Enright retired & Cats highly rate him so he should play straight away, see how he goes in NAB)

- Stewart (mature age recruit & with Mackie in his last season I'd say Stewart will go past him in 2017 it's just a matter of when, obviously will be cheap)

Liking both of those options. Reckon a lot will get on Thurlow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back