2017 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry Nakia,

I have to disagree. Ruggles might not be the best, but we are lacking for depth in his position IMHO, so he's safe for now.
We have plenty of Depth. Tuohy, Bews, Thurlow, Guhtrie, Guthrie, Cunico, Stewart and Kolodjashnij can all play that role.

He hasn't got the awareness for AFL football imo and he's competing with too many players for a spot in the side.

He also murders the ball with his poor disposal.

We have plenty of Depth. Tuohy, Bews, Thurlow, Guhtrie, Guthrie, Cunico, Stewart and Kolodjashnij can all play that role.
I agree - in some sense, that's the one role in which we're ok for depth in that we won't have to shoehorn a player into that position.

Now, half-forward on the other hand...

I agree - in some sense, that's the one role in which we're ok for depth in that we won't have to shoehorn a player into that position.

Now, half-forward on the other hand...
McCarthy, Cockatoo, Parfitt, Gregson, Lang, Murdoch, Motlop, Parsons, Simpson and Jones.

Injured, injured, good, injured, gawwwwwn, s**t, gawn, barely AFL-ready, not AFL-ready and not AFL-ready ;)

And that's without mentioning CHF!
Tall forward is a different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't get through the pay wall but this suggests he will be there for 2018.
www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/.../geelong...ryan-gardner.../f7a8ce16186cea2e28f27e0...
Jul 9, 2017 - RISING key defender Ryan Gardner has a simple plan when it comes to ... and Gardner, who recently accepted a one-year contract extension, ...

Yep, found it. Thanks YPO. I would have been very disappointed if they had delisted him so early.

"But the curtain will draw on their careers soon, and Gardner, who recently accepted a one-year contract extension, is content to see that time out, a path Lonergan and Mackie took early in their careers — Lonergan took 2½ years to make his debut and Mackie, too, spent a year in the VFL."

July 10, 2017

Yes, there are always outliers. As Scott said 3 or 4 weeks ago, their structure is unique. It's worked for them, it hasn't worked for us.
They made it work. It’s not that massive a paradigm shift. Griffiths kept getting concussed.
Now they use a zippy, mobile set-up. We have hardly used our potential assets- BLACK- out of favour, GREGSON, LINC-injured.
I respect Richmond lots because every player knows his role, they are said to be ilmited in talent, but they play for each other and now in a GF.
They are very organised and drilled.

Last edited:
They made it work. It’s not that massive a paradigm shift. Griffiths kept getting concussed.
Now they use a zippy, mobile set-up. We have hardly used our potential assets- BLACK- out of favour, GREGSON, LINC-injured.
I respect Richmond lots because every player knows his role, they are limited in talent, but they play for each other and now in a GF.
They are very organised and drilled.
They were just lucky enough to play a geelong team coached by chris scott in finals :D

Like adelaide were
So it’s all about luck?
Tigers have ONE single injury over their 2 GF listed teams
THAT is the sort of luck you need to make a GF.
Add our small forwards and all other non-available players all season and we are more lucky too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back