List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been doing the Clark/Coffield research. Now convinced they'd be a very nice combo. Jeez, Clark seems a very good type. Won the bnf this year at Stingrays. And Coffield has real potential, already classy - if his tackling is a worry, we can teach that. I'm sold, sign em up. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still holding out for Stephenson & Coffield.

Stephenson and Clark still my preference. We don't have anyone with the tools that Stephenson has, while recruiting Coffield would basically say we're not too confident in any of White, Savage, Rice and McKenzie becoming long-term players. If Stephenson's heart is too much of a worry I could live with picking Coffield but would pick a slider like Cerra, Brayshaw or probably even Fogarty if possible.

I really struggle to see Coffield becoming a midfielder in the long term. His defensive game isn't great and doesn't win a lot of contested ball which are two vital aspects of modern midfielders. Generally a kid who doesn't win contested footy in the juniors doesn't start doing it in the AFL. Every year there are a plethora of juniors who are picked with plans of 'eventually moving into the midfield' but I can't think of one off the top of my head who actually did it.

I know we won't take them but any two of Stephenson, Fogarty and Bonar would be pretty exciting.

Massive potential in all three, I have a feeling that whoever drafts these kids will be laughing a few years down the track.

You're a bad man Joffa.

Pies will take Fog at 6.

Pies will take Fog at 6.
Very good selection by Pies. I don't think Saints would select Fog even he made it through but believe we should. Adds something we don't have. Clarke I can understand as best mid available but Coffield just make our list look unbalanced. Would rather Naughton as at least he looks like potentially a future AA. Can't say the same about Coffee. Sad.

Let's hope no hartung , with pick 45. Would be very silly and means he would have an automatic 2 year contract. Wait to the rookie draft if we are keen
Apparently no players went to his 21st according to his coach.....

Gunna keep posting this until one of you s**t campaigners get the joke and tell me how outrageous and funny I am...

Merry Xmas BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back