List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion - Draft night 24/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Late mail from Twomey has us looking at Matt Ling. Pretty sure i saw a clip about him stating he wanted to go to Geelong because he knows them all and has supported them from dot. That should be stamped out pronto.

Not even a ranga, disappointing

I've seen 3 mock drafts with us taking Baker with our first pick, i guess we'll find out today.

One thing i have noticed with these mock drafts (especially in the latter rounds) is that the experts predict clubs drafting similar players that they already have on their list. Like Adelaide wanting to draft rebounding half-backs, Richmond getting small forwards that tackle or Gold Coast drafting more skilled but soft flankers.

Sure teams gravitate to players that suit their game style but to me it shows that the draft experts don't fully know the list needs of all clubs, which no one really can be sure of anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-22/callum-twomeys-2017-phantom-draft
Cal Twomey's Phantom Draft ... Has us taking Oskar Baker from Aspley with out first pick. I've mentioned him a few times, kid is an absolute ripper! Have seen him play forward, on the wing and off half back this year. Has plenty of speed, and finds the goals.

Just watched his highlights I hope we get him love how takes the game on, also watched Brayden Ainsworth didn't mind him. Did like the look of Gryan Miers but seem a little goal hungry at times in highlight package. I'd be happy if we go both these and would to get a real smokey unheard of player.

Might be a stretch but I’d look at taking De Koning with our last pick.

Will take time but at Fwd/Ruck would be very handy
So he can continue our trend of drafting rucks with basically the same name? Mitch King would be taking a step backward if we took THE King!

Tall KPD. Happy with that third pick.

Insurance if OMac doesn't improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back