List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion - Draft night 24/11

Remove this Banner Ad

So No H Brayshaw huh
Nope.

I hope he gets picked. If he doesn't get a gig this year I reckon it's the end of him.

EDIT: And as I post that he's off to the Eagles.

Very happy with that. Petty quite a Jayden Hunt-esque pick in regards that I didn't really see us linked to him. Interesting we've gone KPD instead of a RUC/KPF. But understandable pick to add to depth especially now that T-Mac is a KPF now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing when it comes to drafting but overall I'm happy with our recruiting. Lever is a genuine gun and still very young. Balic is a smokey has been in the system a few years. The rest of our picks seem to have really addressed our needs. So though we have sacrificed a first round(s) if you include balic and lever as draft picks we've done really well.

I know nothing when it comes to drafting but overall I'm happy with our recruiting. Lever is a genuine gun and still very young. Balic is a smokey has been in the system a few years. The rest of our picks seem to have really addressed our needs. So though we have sacrificed a first round(s) if you include balic and lever as draft picks we've done really well.

This seems dumb to me. Both Smith and Keilty will be delisted by years end. Trust in Taylor but why.
They probably don't rate the players.

Another chance, Jetta style perhaps?

I'm guessing it's as depth that's ready to play in case of an injury crisis but surely with pedo and tmac both being able to play both ends as well as Frost at an absolute pinch I don't see why we need it.

Nope.

I hope he gets picked. If he doesn't get a gig this year I reckon it's the end of him.

EDIT: And as I post that he's off to the Eagles.

Freo would have to be happy with that, would make it easier for Andrew to settle over in WA especially with his brother there too.

Spargo is interesting. Herald Sun have a comment about him averaging 219 supercoach points at the under 16 championships in 2015 but unfortunately has been injury hit ever since, they say he is said to be similar to Brett Harvey ex Nth melbourne.
Harrison Petty broke his elbow at footy training last week so he will not be doing the much needed wights program just yet. He is said to be similar type to Jeremy Mc Govern from west coast.

I'm guessing it's as depth that's ready to play in case of an injury crisis but surely with pedo and tmac both being able to play both ends as well as Frost at an absolute pinch I don't see why we need it.
There has been chat all year that this draft sucks. Maybe they'd decided that the four they have are better than any rookies

There has been chat all year that this draft sucks. Maybe they'd decided that the four they have are better than any rookies

Depends whether you're trying to develop players or keep a few up your sleeve who can jump in and do a half-reasonable job. Haven't seen much of Smith but he doesn't look like much more than an honest tryer to me. Have seen nothing of Kielty. Maynard looks like more of what we already have. The rookie draft / list is supposed to be speculative; we can keep a couple of ready to go players on it, but I'd have preferred to see another developing tall / ruck get picked up (or does Kielty fall into that category?).

Depends whether you're trying to develop players or keep a few up your sleeve who can jump in and do a half-reasonable job. Haven't seen much of Smith but he doesn't look like much more than an honest tryer to me. Have seen nothing of Kielty. Maynard looks like more of what we already have. The rookie draft / list is supposed to be speculative; we can keep a couple of ready to go players on it, but I'd have preferred to see another developing tall / ruck get picked up (or does Kielty fall into that category?).
Rookies have changed now given Cat A can play Rd1. And that still doesn't mean those guys are any good.

Ruck isn't bad for 2018 given the fill job Pedo did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back