Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/6507 - Stats from this season.

What impresses me about Miller is his thirst for a contest. Is extremely agile and has a massive leap. Given his DOB, many of these taller kids have a propensity to continue growing until they are 22. If they change the centre bounce rule, to a throw up, I think it would suit Miller. He is has enough aggression to also compete well around the ground. I believe he could turn out similar to a Jenkins, would be a great pick up late in the draft
Can you find a better comparison than Jenkins ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does everyone kept talking about this pick swap with saints ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
****** if I know why the Saints would give up 7/8 for pick 3 in an even field.

Yeah I can't see it happening, the Saints would have to have a major bonar for someone.

Alternatively, if SOS feels the top 10 this year are very even, I wonder if he'd consider downgrading this year to upgrade next years second? Something like...

Carl out 2017 #3, 2018 2nd (26ish)
Carl in Saints #7, Saints 2018 1st (12ish)

Obviously it's a gamble but there's more incentive for the Saints to trade as they keep 2 high picks this year and they would be bullish about there improvement for next year.

For the blues we also keep a good pick this year and use it on someone like Stephenson or Brayshaw, but can potentially have a great gain next year turning 26 into 12. If the Saints don't improve 26 may become 8ish.

Not advocating this as I have no knowledge what so ever about drafting but I just thought I'd throw up a different scenario.

Thoughts?

Brisbane taking LDU puts a line through LDU i reckon.

Have you a good idea that will come about?
What are the current rumours, should the picks stay as are?

Brisbane: Was Dow and now seems to be LDU
Gold Coast: Would they take Rayner here? I just don't see it even though the noise is saying that Rayner will go top 2. Feel they'd prefer LDU
Carlton: Was Rayner, but not sure we'd go that way.
North: It's all Stephenson. Someone threw the snowball and it's become an avalanche.
Fremantle: Some noise around Brayshaw here.
Collingwood: ???? Cerra???
St.Kilda: Coffield
St.Kilda: Reckon this one will be traded.

Gold Coast: Would they take Rayner here? I just don't see it even though the noise is saying that Rayner will go top 2. Feel they'd prefer LDU
North: It's all Stephenson. Someone threw the snowball and it's become an avalanche.

Yeah just gut feel so far:

BL: LDU - pretty confident on this
GC: Rayner - They got Bowes and Brodie so prolly rules out Cerra. Dow maybe. Brayshaw, not quite. So i'll go Rayner with medium confidence.
Carl: Dow - I think his allround game as a mid will attract us. Cerra maybe. Brayshaw maybe but not quite.
North: Stephenson - Pace they need and they like him. If there Dow might be their pick before him.
Freo: Brayshaw or Cerra

Once the trade period is over, clubs are a little more comfortable divulging which way they may go at the draft.
Nothing wrong with the 1st pick being told he'll be so and some info comes out.....then the second drops etc. etc.

We'll have a pretty good idea in a couple of weeks time, who we may call out at #3 (or #4 if the AFL do something silly) in November.

Looking at Stephensons highlights it looks to me like he would have a lot of upside given a couple of years development in the gym. Seems explosive although kicking maybe a little suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've checked out Dow a little more. I'd prefer LDU but Dow looks like a hell of a player too. I'd be happy with him.

Torn between a few players for us at #3 for now, but pretty sure that 2 of them will be taken out of our grasp.
May turn out be a good thing should Rayner be taken ahead of our pick as we'll then be forced to take a pure midfielder.

It's too early to be sure that Kennedy will be that perfect complement to Gibbs (OOPS) Cripps, but no earlier than projecting anyone at #3 being an out and out gun......but......taking it aboard that we know what we're doing a quick, inside/outside mid with good skills would make for the ideal profile.

That leads me to Dow or ABrayshaw and then Cerra even though he isn't particularly quick, but rather quick of mind.
Still feel that Coffield may surprise, but probably not at #3.

Last edited:

He trained with them and he looks like he fits a need for them. Personally I'm not much of a fan of Stephenson. I feel like he could be a bust... but I'm not a scout by any means.

Back