Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You should just be happy that a highly rated player dropped to North apposed to going on an opposition board and trying to start a pissung contest about LDU being better than Dow .....

Lol. I never said anything of the kind. Infact I literally stated that I wanted Dow at 4.

There are some really sensitive people on this board that seemingly can't engage in football talk.

Lesson learnt

Lol. I never said anything of the kind. Infact I literally stated that I wanted Dow at 4.

There are some really sensitive people on this board that seemingly can't engage in football talk.

Lesson learnt
I think there was a clear top 6 in this draft, and of that 6 there was a top 3 who were slightly better prospects than the other 3. North got one of the top three with Pick 4. You should be very pleased.

Going by the statsofwho bigfooty wanted at pick 3, apart from Rayner who went 1, bigfooty Carlton site poll got it right
Well done posters
Keep up your good recruiting guesses

I put up a post in the phantom draft thread discussing the talk around this years draft was how it was relatively weak compared with last years and even next years. The fact that at the top end there was no clear stand out player as there has been in past years seemed to feed into this narrative.

4 of the top 5 picks were relatively young in this years draft, could that have been a contributing factor? It is odd to have 4 of the top 5 players in a draft either being October or November DOB?

It seems that everyone is raving about next years draft and how Rankine and co are light years ahead of this years crop. Rankine is 6 months younger than Dow, yet Stephenson and Dow who were both top 10 picks this year are aged 10 months apart.

Conor Rozee another top prospect is only 2 months younger than Brayshaw and 3 months younger than Cerra, Dow and Rayner.

Considering that our boy Dow also had to overcome injury this year and plays a brand of footy which is a lot harder to dominate at his relatively average size, I'm getting more bullish on his prospects by the day.

I see why you are upset about us taking the better player in Dow (#3>#4).

There's a reason LDU slid (dwell on that over the offseason:sick:, .... but please don't ask me what it is as I have no idea:p).

Go Blues!!!:cool:
I get the feeling that Dow is more likely to stand up in big games on the biggest stage of all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In my mind Dow is a big chance to be a star.

O'Brien has the tools to be a big achiever too.

De Koning has a lot to like about him.

Schumacher is a maybe, need to see more.

Gartlett has a lot of talent, worried about kicking.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

As i have said before, it would be like picking a favourite child.

Both offer class. What you have to consider, it is not about picking the best player, that's a bonus, just don't pick a bust

Have Richards just ahead, but LOB will be more consistent once he finds the tempo

Nice long range call Arr0w!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back