List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From only one viewing admittedly, He looks a lot bigger (bulkier ) than last year. Pencil thin then though. Is he physical (or even partially) in the way he plays or is an athlete with no oomph?
I haven't seen enough of him to answer that. Only saw him playing up forward in the champs last year and a few highlights this year.

I seen a young kid in Claremont's colts team , and he can play , wears no.3 and plays like Sloane without looking like him. Hearing that the next Hill in the production line looks pretty good too. My club's colts team have no talent worth mentioning at the moment. Would like to hear more about what's available in WA and SA and other states , from people , as it will give us a better feel for the draft on top of all the Victorians getting mentioned.

We are about a third of the way through the season, and at this stage it looks like we may end up with picks 5 - 10 from Hawthorn and 13-18 for ours. We can forget about the top five picks I think.

The Scene : Trout's house early Sept 2016.

Trout and Ameet are having a few coldies discussing who we will draft. To be truthful both of them have probably had a few too many beers.
Trouts says, "You ever noticed mate that we have recruited a fu.ck'n lot of guys named Jack ? Maybe we should draft another one this year to keep up the tradition."
Ameet smiles. "Nah. We gotta add some midfield grunt. We need an inside bull. We need some steel in the guts."
The light suddenly goes off in Trout's head. "FFS mate. Of course...... Jack Steele !!"

Seriously, this trading caper is way over rated. How easy do they want it ? :)

Here are some TAC highlights featuring a nice grab by a family friends son Lewin Davis. Hopefully works - from Facebook so hope it links.
https://www.facebook.com/taccupfooty/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

It looks like it's linked the whole page- round 6 highlights.
Seeing that your family friends, another little clip on the TAC Cup Towards Zero Countdown - Round 7 today featuring the lad. Rd 7 highlights no.4 - Bendigo no.25. Better definition in You Tube.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum Twomey's chat recap on AFL.com today..

Someone asked about Saints;

Q: Hi Cal, with two first round draft picks, who do you think would fit nicely for the Saints, I think we need 1 or 2 classy midfielders. Or will the saints use the picks to land a big fish?

CT: Adam Cerra is a classy player who will line up for Vic Metro at the championships next month. I expect him to be right in the mix as a top-10 pick come the draft, and his skills would suit what the Saints are after. They need some more pace, which might bring Stephenson into the mix, as with Darcy Fogarty with an early choice. Cam Rayner and Jack Higgins would also need to be considered as forwards who can also push into the midfield and have an impact.

I played with ethan penrith and against jack petrucelle in juniors so a bit of anecdotal evidence and write up on both of them from U13/14s-
Penrith would be a bloody good player on a wing/HB. Really composed player with ball in hand and had a good kick. Was always a good bloke. Actually surprised he is the one player who has gotten this far in terms of draft ranking but he always had the raw talent and composure while the bigger kids dominated.
Every time I played against Petrucelle I would think 'bloody hell that kid is too good.' Whenever he got the ball he was gonna do something good with it and he was elite in terms of finding the goals, and bloody quick too. He was the most frustrating player to play against.

Both I think would be best play a flank role rotating through as an outside mid (Penrith HBF and Petrucelle HFF). Even with a little bias I think they'll both be stars or very solid players.

All these people talking about putting the draft age up have no idea the chaos , and carnage it would cause. It would have to be executed with 3 - 4 years notice , so competitions across the country can re-set. We will lose players to other sports if this happens. Future pick trading could be affected if done quickly and plenty of kids will quit. The AFL love to tinker , so it probably will happen , what else should we expect from the people who organised Meatloaf on GF Day. Paul Roos is pushing this ultra hard too , and is now as big a flog as Barrett and David King and as equally informed.

One name that seems to be rising with a bullet (especially after his 5 goal game the other day) is JACK Petrucclle, who has some attributes that I reckon would really appeal to us.

The main one of course is his blistering speed (has apparently recorded a 2.82sec 20m sprint, which is Nathan Freeman pre hammies quick!), that sees him being compared to the likes of Charlie Cameron and JJ, and he's also meant to be very good at winning contested ball, applying pressure and also taking contested marks.

So he has a good mix of attributes and also comes from a very strong basketball background, which can be really good for one's spacial awareness, ability to get through heavy traffic and so-on- as we see with the likes of Pendles, Dal, Acres, Petracca, etc.

Plus, his name is JACK, so we simply have to recruit him!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...s/news-story/5209cfebd4a2a60848e89af707201cd3

“His raw talent is probably as good as anyone in the TAC Cup at the moment,” Knights talent manager Rhy Gieschen told foxfooty.com.au.

His ability to break away from packs and would-be tacklers have seen him draw comparisons with the likes of Crow Charlie Cameron and Bulldog Jason Johannisen.

“He’s really explosive … and he doesn’t have any fear with ball in hand. He looks over his shoulder and it doesn’t really matter who it is, he’ll back himself to outrun them with ball in hand,” Gieschen said.

“He can get up and take a contester mark and he’s really exciting both in the air and on the ground.”

We could do with someone with his sort of speed (and the willingness/ability to use it) in a big way I reckon, especially if he has genuine midfield potential.

Last edited:
One name that seems to be rising with a bullet (especially after his 5 goal game the other day) is JACK Petrucclle, who has some attributes that I reckon would really appeal to us.

The main one of course is his blistering speed (has apparently recorded a 2.82sec 20m sprint, which is Nathan Freeman pre hammies quick!), that sees him being compared to the likes of Charlie Cameron and JJ, and he's also meant to be very good at winning contested ball, applying pressure and also taking contested marks.

So he has a good mix of attributes and also comes from a very strong basketball background, which can be really good for one's spacial awareness, ability to get through heavy traffic and so-on- as we see with the likes of Pendles, Dal, Acres, Petracca, etc.

Plus, his name is JACK, so we simply have to recruit him!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...s/news-story/5209cfebd4a2a60848e89af707201cd3

“His raw talent is probably as good as anyone in the TAC Cup at the moment,” Knights talent manager Rhy Gieschen told foxfooty.com.au.

His ability to break away from packs and would-be tacklers have seen him draw comparisons with the likes of Crow Charlie Cameron and Bulldog Jason Johannisen.

“He’s really explosive … and he doesn’t have any fear with ball in hand. He looks over his shoulder and it doesn’t really matter who it is, he’ll back himself to outrun them with ball in hand,” Gieschen said.

“He can get up and take a contester mark and he’s really exciting both in the air and on the ground.”

We could do with someone with his sort of speed (and the willingness/ability to use it) in a big way I reckon, especially if he has genuine midfield potential.
His kicking is very questionable at the minute. I think that's what is keeping him just out at the minute hopefully he clears that up or atleast shows improvement and he would definitely be a target for us and im sure for every club

His kicking is very questionable at the minute. I think that's what is keeping him just out at the minute hopefully he clears that up or atleast shows improvement and he would definitely be a target for us and im sure for every club
Yeah I did a bit more reading up on him after I posted that and saw someone saying that his kicking needs work, so that's not what I wanted to read.

May have a fair bit of improvement in him given that he's only recently started taking footy seriously tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back