Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Even though i run a number of cash leagues via family, friends and members of BFF i have never been able to get enough of them interested in creating a draft league. I would like to do so this year and now ask if there are any other BFF members who may be interested. We could discuss the set up of the league over the next few weeks and determine when the draft would take place. I would be happy if we had some sort of financial interest in it but if most just want to do it for the fun of it, I'm OK with that.

I would rather the draft league not to play during bye rounds leaving the options of playing playing opponents either once or twice (depending on how many entrants) with no finals. I think there is far too much luck comes into play during bye rounds. I wonder whether they treat round 9 as a bye round considering only two teams are involved.

Considering that there are only 6 interested at the moment, I am thinking of creating a league of 8.
Head to head matches playing each other twice, excluding byes, starting round 3 with finals starting round 20.
I would prefer not to have captain double points as it gives too big an advantage to the first 2-3 of coaches in the draft.
Live bonzai draft with a 3,4,1,3/4 team make up and 90 second time limit.
No rolling lockout.
Do we want auto emergency??
Any other suggestions?

Most of that looks fine to me. My only suggestion would be that we go with the standard 18 players on field with 4 non-scoring reserves.

It makes everything more interesting and creative. I played a few last year with the number you suggest above, but everyone just had teams of stars that were almost set and forget (bar injury) for the entire season.

Most of that looks fine to me. My only suggestion would be that we go with the standard 18 players on field with 4 non-scoring reserves.

It makes everything more interesting and creative. I played a few last year with the number you suggest above, but everyone just had teams of stars that were almost set and forget (bar injury) for the entire season.
makes sense. OK.

makes sense. OK.
Happy to go with the flow, I'm in heaps of draft leagues and would have to say I reckon they're the best.

To me the main criteria in setting one up is to try to structure it so the coaches stay engaged (no fun playing against ghost teams). Is that even possible??? Single points for captain is a good start, an emergency score probably helps too. Just having 8 teams is probably also good as there should always be some left talent in the trading pool.

Basically whatever it takes to get the league as evenly competitive as possible. At the end of the day, the most important thing will be having all coaches active throughout the season, starting off by not missing the draft. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PM's have been sent to you re league code etc.
Please make comment on this thread re draft time preferences etc, rather than replying to the PM.

Just a question for you - you've set the draft time for 7.30pm. I'm assuming that's AEDT, and 4.30 for those of us in Perth?

Just a question for you - you've set the draft time for 7.30pm. I'm assuming that's AEDT, and 4.30 for those of us in Perth?
The time difference could become a problem although I was thinking of delaying the draft to just after round 2 meaning the difference would be 2 hours. I was also going to make it 8.00pm AEST.

The time difference could become a problem although I was thinking of delaying the draft to just after round 2 meaning the difference would be 2 hours. I was also going to make it 8.00pm AEST.
After Round 2 would be perfect for me, and as you say, it's back to 2 hours difference. 8.00pm AEST is fine too.

Has this draft already began
If not, i'd be keen
Am part of a cash draft league in the other fantasy, and stuffed it up pretty badly last year. Would be nice to have a practice run at the draft format (if this is still just going to be a fun league)
Ain't no practice run - this is dead set serious!!! We're playing for sheep stations without the sheep stations.

7 of the 8 invitees have joined however I can't reconcile the BF names with the DT team names.
Happy Eagle would like to join (as per above) so, if the last invitee still wants to be in it we are full.
Could every one (other than DaTBird, cola and Podrick) please let me know what your team name is.

7 of the 8 invitees have joined however I can't reconcile the BF names with the DT team names.
Happy Eagle would like to join (as per above) so, if the last invitee still wants to be in it we are full.
Could every one (other than DaTBird, cola and Podrick) please let me know what your team name is.
I replied to your question in the private message chat, but if you didn't see it, mine is Soldier of War.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back