Leagues 2017 Draft league

Remove this Banner Ad

Bear in mind that those are draft leagues. There will be some normal leagues for you to join if you wanted to play the normal version of dream team.

I'm happy to play both to be honest

I'm happy to play both to be honest
As PeaNut has told you, you need to register your interest in the "Registration" thread in order to be allocated a normal league.
Assuming you played the competition last year you need to put up a screenshot of last year's performance. If you don't know how to do this:
Open your RDT profile. On the "lobby" page click on "team history" (top left). On the left hand side it will show previous years that this team has been entered. Press 2016 Season button and "voila".
If you didn't play, just say so on your registration post.
Hope this helps.

I contacted Sportsdeck recently about the draft order stating that I wanted to know what the order would be well in advance. They advised me that they would therefore not change it hence the order you see at the moment will be the order on the night.
Can everyone please check the "league settings" and let me know if there is anything that is unsuitable.
I have delayed the draft till Tuesday 4th April at 8.30 AEST. Daylight saving will have finished by that time hence the time difference for our WA coaches will be only 2 hours.

If you wanted to quicken up the draft, I'm ok with the picks down to 45 seconds. 90 is fine but with small leagues like this you don't have to scroll through the rookies and no-hopers to finish off your team. Just a thought....

If you wanted to quicken up the draft, I'm ok with the picks down to 45 seconds. 90 is fine but with small leagues like this you don't have to scroll through the rookies and no-hopers to finish off your team. Just a thought....
Having never done this before, I would prefer it stay at 90 seconds, and the fact that it is a relatively small draft, it shouldn't take too long.

Having never done this before, I would prefer it stay at 90 seconds, and the fact that it is a relatively small draft, it shouldn't take too long.
I am seriously considering a compromise and changing it to 60 seconds. There are 176 selections to be made overall and although the early selections should be made with little hesitation, it is the middle to later picks that will need some deliberation. That is where your preparation comes into play. If you are serious with this draft you should have a list printed of highest 60-70 ranked players in each position and as they get picked you cross them off the list. When it is three or four picks from your turn determine 3-4 players you may want and then if they are still there when it's your pick it's just a matter of choosing which of those few to take. So 60 seconds should be more than enough.
If you haven't prepared properly and run out of time, the system will make a pick for you and there will be no-one else to blame.
I would like the draft to be over within a couple of hours.

Only thing I'd consider is shouldn't the waiver wire be in reverse order of the draft order for fairness.

My experience tells me that the first waiver after Round 1 is probably the busiest

Edit: that said, ours would be at Round 3 so probably less impactful, as we'd already have a chance to view who's breaking out

Sorry, what ??
Hah, Peanut - have faith son, it sounds like there are a few seasoned coaches in here. Hopefully there will be a bit of banter during the season and you'll pick it up pretty quick. There's really not much to know, so don't worry.

What HolyRioli said is right. What happens in many drafts is there will be a few mistakes, bad picks etc like picking someone you did't know was injured or not having a spare ruck or whatever. Happens a lot when coaches miss the draft and end up with all their emergencies being midfielders. Since we're drafting after a couple of games have been played, it could happen, for example, with a breakout player we all missed.

So, after the draft there is often a rush on waiver claims for "fix-ups". If everyone is after the same player, that's when the waiver wire order matters.

In some leagues of younguns and rookie coaches it's not uncommon to see a coach change half his team every week when a player gets a high round score - like moths to a bright light.

In a small draft like this, you won't need to carry injured players like NicNat, etc. There will always be some decent players left in the pool. Importantly, do your pre-draft and don't miss the draft.

Last edited:
Only thing I'd consider is shouldn't the waiver wire be in reverse order of the draft order for fairness.

My experience tells me that the first waiver after Round 1 is probably the busiest

Edit: that said, ours would be at Round 3 so probably less impactful, as we'd already have a chance to view who's breaking out
the waiver order is in reverse ladder order. Therefore (as I see it) whoever is on the bottom of the ladder after any given week will have first option and so on. Is that not the case??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the waiver order is in reverse ladder order. Therefore (as I see it) whoever is on the bottom of the ladder after any given week will have first option and so on. Is that not the case??

Doesn't appear to be:

Draft Position - Waiver Position
Soldier of War 1:2
Brainpharts 2:3
2006_Eagles 3:8
Fear the Beard 4:6
cola 5:5
Pick 88 6:7
The Coots 7:2
Cobra Kai FC 8:4

Doesn't appear to be:

Draft Position - Waiver Position
Soldier of War 1:2
Brainpharts 2:3
2006_Eagles 3:8
Fear the Beard 4:6
cola 5:5
Pick 88 6:7
The Coots 7:2
Cobra Kai FC 8:4
The waiver order is set as "reverse ladder order". Considering we haven't had any matches yet, there is no ladder hence the waiver order shown atm is totally irrelevant. The correct order will show after our first match in round 3.

The waiver order is set as "reverse ladder order". Considering we haven't had any matches yet, there is no ladder hence the waiver order shown atm is totally irrelevant. The correct order will show after our first match in round 3.

Nevermind. Turns out reading comprehension is not my forte.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back