List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

1st Round is probably too early for CCJ I would think.

Fogarty of the D variety it will depend on how much weighting the recruiting guys put on his disappointing Championships albeit pretty obvious he was carrying a knee issue...gut feel it's more likely he could be available than not. Hunter Clark and Andrew Brayshaw outside of Darcy Fogarty probably our best bets, can't see Rayner, Dow, Davies- Unakie, Cerra slipping that far, maybe Constable a slight hope. I could see us not necessarily taking a mid if X factor kids like Stephenson, Higgins or Balta are considered best available at our pick. Some decent mid prospects that we could likely secure with pick 17;) James Worpel and Lachlan Fogarty both of whom I rate a bit higher than some.
Would u take DFogarty at 10 if we get that pick, or hold out to see if we could get him with 18?

From the champs games, Moore seems to have a bit of Zac Fisher about him, but with more goal nous

Stephenson really showing his midfield craft recently, which is good

How did Domic go? Seems to be in some good form recently

Hope all goes okay with the surgery :thumbsu:
Together with Rayner and Hayes- Stephenson is prob the most unique / special talent in this draft at his best

Perhaps he's pushing for top 3 over more consistent types like cerra and even Dow

Would u take DFogarty at 10 if we get that pick, or hold out to see if we could get him with 18?
Sorry I'll put my 2 bobs in

You rank the players and take whoever is there highest on your rankings

Many players would be in mix depending on your rankings and and who hasn't been taken at 10

I'd have Fogarty at 10 ish but there may be someone still there you rank top 5 or 6

Together with Rayner and Hayes- Stephenson is prob the most unique / special talent in this draft at his best

Perhaps he's pushing for top 3 over more consistent types like cerra and even Dow
Still have Dow and Cerra in that top bracket. I reckon they're two special talents in their own right. Stephenson is absolutely right up with them though.

Reckon there will be a lot of very good miss that come from this draft class - Cerra, Dow, LDU, Rayner, Stephenson, Brayshaw, Constable, Clark

I don't really see Stephenson as a mid, more a forward/wing type, still very lightly built and looking at him up close again can't really see the frame for a lot of muscle. Domic was good, really like his run and carry. Moore is a beauty just a pity he lacks the size, smart footballer. Although it's a bit unlikely I'd really love us to give Flynn Appleby at least a rookie spot, reckon he's the type of kid that would grab the opportunity with both hands and give 110% to make it. Reckon if he misses at the draft VFL clubs will be all over him if he wanted to go down that path.
Few clubs that have troubles quietening small and medium forwards would be mad not to look at appleby main draft

I personally would be happy to take Fogarty at 10. He's very much a 'potential' prospect going off this year, but he has some very unique traits nonetheless. Just needs to develop other aspects of his game which he's been unable to develop this year, due to injury, form etc

I don't really see Stephenson as a mid, more a forward/wing type, still very lightly built and looking at him up close again can't really see the frame for a lot of muscle. Domic was good, really like his run and carry. Moore is a beauty just a pity he lacks the size, smart footballer. Although it's a bit unlikely I'd really love us to give Flynn Appleby at least a rookie spot, reckon he's the type of kid that would grab the opportunity with both hands and give 110% to make it. Reckon if he misses at the draft VFL clubs will be all over him if he wanted to go down that path.
One thing that I love about Stephenson is that he has very good ability to read the ruck taps, from what I've seen. Just such a smart footballer who, IMO, could definitely succeed in the middle if need be. Agree that he's more dangerous on a wing/HFF at this stage though.

Appleby should get drafted, he sounds like he has a bit of Dale Morris about him?

Edit : Really liked the look of Kane Farrell again yesterday, great blend of inside/outside and good acceleration and run, I'd be very comfortable drafting him, think he has AFL footballer written all over him.
Did Farrell compete hard enough ? Like his smooth moving with the football and the left foot kick

Haven't seen him play hard one on one much

One thing that I love about Stephenson is that he has very good ability to read the ruck taps, from what I've seen. Just such a smart footballer who, IMO, could definitely succeed in the middle if need be. Agree that he's more dangerous on a wing/HFF at this stage though.

Appleby should get drafted, he sounds like he has a bit of Dale Morris about him?
Stephenson eventually Tom Lynch role ?

Forward and wing even with Lynch in side ?

Edit : Really liked the look of Kane Farrell again yesterday, great blend of inside/outside and good acceleration and run, I'd be very comfortable drafting him, think he has AFL footballer written all over him.
IIRC he played champs and was okay? Will have to look at some more tapes

Sounds like he's definitely a goer, could go 30-50 in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few clubs that have troubles quietening small and medium forwards would be mad not to look at appleby main draft
Almost every club needs a Luke Brown. With the ability to play on larger opponents as well, he could go in the 60's if that fits a club's needs

TAC stats from the weekend are up, Jaidyn Stephenson got 34 disposals

Well and truly in my top 5 now, after starting the season in the early 20's

Noah Answerth is apparently one who has a lot going for him, but has been injured all year

Porter and Appleby should stand out in this game

http://taccup.com.au/2017-young-guns-game/

Teams for the Young Guns game Friday, basically the last chance for recruiters to have a last look at some of the youngsters that they have some interest in but not quite as popular or exposed as some of the better known kids. Rapt my boy Flynn Appleby has some genuine interest from AFL scouts, really rate this kid as a lock down defender in the Luke Brown mould. Brad Benacki ball magnet in the Matt Crouch vein [quicker], Callum Porter a natural footballer, Aiden Tilley a lanky, speedy winger with real talent, Cal Wellings well rounded midfielder/winger, Tristan Xerri Tall Ruck/Forward with upside. Bolded the lads I've seen and think have AFL attributes.In Red those that should get drafted or rookied at the very least. Appleby and Tilley in particular standouts to have flown under the radar big time IMO

Men’s Young Guns Game team lists:
The Young Guns Game provides potential AFL draftees that clubs would like to see in action one last time before the drafts with a chance to showcase their wares, with Sydney’s Tom Papley (ex-Gippsland Power) a recent example of a player to have impressed in the match.

TEAM A
No. NAME CLUB DOB HT WT
1 Mackenzie Doreian Eastern Ranges 02-Sep-99 170 70
2 Nick Hogan Gippsland Power 02-Jul-99 175 78
3 Bailey Edwards North Ballarat 18-Jun-97 175 75
4 Joshua Iacobaccio Coburg 13-Aug-96 177 78
5 Lewin Davis Bendigo Pioneers 11-Oct-99 181 71
6 Aaron Shepherd GWV Rebels 05-Feb-99 185 85
7 Derek Smith Bendigo Pioneers/Richmond VFL 04-May-98 186 75
8 Jacob Wheelahan North Ballarat 01-Aug-97 186 82
9 Flynn Appleby GWV Rebels 02-Jan-99 187 80
10 Will Hamilton Bendigo Pioneers 16-Sep-99 188 80
12 Cooper Henson GWV Rebels 11-Aug-99 189 75
13 Riley Ham Western Jets 03-Jan-99 193 86
14 Ari Sakeson Sandringham Dragons 30-Jul-98 193 85
15 Devlin Brereton Sandringham Dragons 01-May-99 183 73
16 Mitch Kemp Bendigo Pioneers 11-Jan-99 187 67
17 Tom Mills Ararat FC 04-Dec-98 189 78
18 Matthew McGannon Gippsland Power 27-Dec-99 182 70
19 Callum Porter Gippsland Power 22-Feb-99 181 73
21 Aidan Tilley Calder Cannons 29-Jun-98 195 83

22 Louis Pinnuck Werribee 24-Sep-98 185 75
23 Matt Darby Essendon VFL 14-Jul-93 195 92
26 Ed Delaney Xavier College/GWV Rebels 17-Jun-99 197 93
27 Jack Berry Geelong VFL 06-Feb-95 198 102
28 Tristan Xerri Western Jets 15-Mar-99 201 93
29 Julian Patterson Gippsland Power 14-May-98 203 81

Coach Ben Patrick Werribee
Line Coach Eammon Gill Geelong VFL
Line Coach Scott McDougal Gippsland Power
Line Coach Troy Scoble Western Jets
Team Manager Andrew Oddie GWV Rebels

TEAM B
No. NAME CLUB DOB HT WT
1 Brad Bernacki Calder Cannons 02-Nov-99 178 72
2 Callan Wellings GWV Rebels 20-Feb-98 182 73

3 Sam Fowler Northern Blues 02-Nov-98 170 68
4 Laitham Vandermeer Murray Bushrangers 03-Feb-99 180 73
5 Dale Cox GWV Rebels 27-Mar-99 176 68
6 Jean-Luc Velissaris Calder Cannons 27-Aug-98 178 76

7 Mason Blakey Northern Blues 16-Sep-98 183 76
8 Kade Answerth Sandringham VFL 03-Oct-96 181 79
10 Ben Wiggins Northern Knights 24-Feb-99 184 76
11 Zac Denahy Bendigo Pioneers 22-Feb-99 185 79
12 Noah Answerth Oakleigh Chargers 06-Aug-99 183 77
13 Caleb Sheehan Bendigo Pioneers 10-Feb-99 185 82
14 Luke Bunker Coburg 05-Dec-98 185 78
15 Kyle Stainthorpe Eastern Ranges 27-Sep-99 187 77
16 Jy Lane Murray Bushrangers 21-Mar-99 188 81
17 Marcus Stavrou Northern Blues 29-Sep-98 188 87
18 Blake Graham Western Jets 30-Mar-98 188 84
19 Joel Naylor Northern Knights 20-Sep-99 190 84
20 Lucas Woodward Eastern Ranges 18-Sep-99 192 82
21 Tom Boyd Murray Bushrangers 29-Jan-99 192 76
22 Jake Riccardi Calder Cannons 07-Nov-99 193 88
25 Mark Baker Northern Knights 22-Feb-99 195 79
26 Joel Ottavi Essendon VFL 21-Mar-96 198 94
27 Darren Walters Western Jets 14-Jan-99 199 101
28 Matthew Harman Northern Knights 02-Jun-98 200 79

Coach Daniel Lowther Geelong VFL
Line Coach Brett Gourley Calder Cannons
Line Coach Tom Perrett Western Jets
Line Coach Andrew Sturgess Coburg
Team Manager Stuart Rankin Western Jets
There's a few familiar surnames running through those squads. Brererton, Boyd, and Blakey stood out. Any relation?

Don't know about Boyd but Brereton is Dermie's son and pretty average, from memory Mason Blakey is John Blakey's nephew, saw a couple of his TAC games last year and didn't mind his talents, a red head that goes hard, thought he was at least a rookie draft chance last year but he went undrafted, played VFL this year for Carlton's VFL side so may be on their radar as a rookie as they've rissoled most of last years rookies.
Cheers, always interesting to see how far some fruit falls. I'd imagine being Dermy's son can't be easy. Probably like being Bunga's son Connor playing footy in SA! Everyone waiting for him to figure out how to be a superstar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back