List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Was think more on the players that you need but your point is well taken

For me we lacked two players we actually already had but weren’t available due to injury - Smith & McGovern.

I also believe we need outside players with speed/agility and good skills to maximize the extraction ability of Crouch Crouch Greenwood. Basically upgrades for Seedsman/Atkins/Mackay etc.

You Guys had the best attack in 2017, a great defence and an effective midfield.
What did you need to win the Premiership?

On field leadership.

Our senior players in Walker, Betts, Jenkins, Lynch, Douglas, Talia, Mackay and Sloane (after half time) all played atrociously in the GF. Jacobs and Brown not much better.

It's a pattern in all our losses - only Laird and Matt Crouch seem to perform when the chips are down. McGovern has the potential to join this small group too.

Compare that to the Hawks threepeat side which had Hodge and Burgoyne who would stand up when needed, or Geelong with Bartel and Selwood.

Our lack of on-field leadership cost us the flag this year. Possibly last year too.

If we have pick 10........

16 will get us CJJ

Can anyone tell me this:

2017 Draft is meant to be weak. Really weak

However
Tyson Edwards son was meant to be a first round draft pick. It is now believed he is more like 40-60.
If he was a first round pick and he has slipped that much surely the draft isn't that bad?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

195.3cm 81.9Kg

Need to put on some muscle...

Played mainly CHB but goes alright up Forward too by all accounts.
Decent agility result for a tall. Is he from Eyre Peninsula? I assume all players from there are no fuss types like Corey Enright. I'm sold!

Size and maybe upside, already very powerfully built with a very mature body, pretty obvious he's done plenty of hard work in his pursuit of an AFL career.....Meadows lad so no go home factor..;)
He's likely to want to LEAVE home.

So if we get 18 or 19 is my man CCJ in play ??

Almost for sure by my reckoning. Also won't be surprised if we draft a couple of SA boys with our later picks now if there still on the table.....McPherson, Ballard, Crowden, Kreuger, Houlahan, Giro etc, all a little speculative but thetalent is certainly there if they kick on.

Would love McPherson. Great kid, year ruined by hamstrings though

Surely the club will trade Charlie now, good SA kids on the board early.

I'm with you mate, I reckon he's a 200 AFL game certainty, I liken him to Bulldog Easton Wood......

If we can nail him with 39, then Edwards with the next pick, thats some handy SA talent late in the draft.

He will have Luke Browns spot within 3 years.

Ok, so maybe change this thread title to 2018?? We just galloped our way out of this draft.
How many points will we need to get Edwards, will we even have enough now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back