List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm expecting at least one more delisting in Beech, he's just not up to it unfortunately, Hunter I'd jettison too in favour of taking a young developing Ruck like Greater Western Victoria Rebel Lloyd Meek or Western Jet Tristan Xerri late or in the Rookie Draft. Failing taking a youngster use Harry Dear as Ruck/Forward depth for Riley O'Brien, let's face it Harry hasn't set the world on fire playing as a Forward or as a Defender the couple of times he was thrown down back in the SANFL so might as well see if he's got anything in Ruck.
Totally agree on Dear, that's his natural position.

He's got 'something', he just doesn't do it enough!

Big leap, strong hands, aggression, agility, decent kick.

I'd be happy to run with Sauce, ROB, Himmelberg, Jenkins and Dear

Must say after looking at Brander I don't mind the look of him. Would be just like us to pick a tall when we think we're covered in that area. Long term tex/Jenkins replacement.

Also like the look of Balta - could provide some real dash off half back within a couple of seasons.

I'm clutching at straws here but I'm really hoping Reid and sos agreed on who they were picking wth picks 10 and 12 as it factored in us giving carlton 10
I hope so too, otherwise I can't work out why we didn't give them 12 instead of 10

Interesting his comment he's not that worried if he has to move interstate move who the other players he gets drafted with to a club. Given we have 12, then likely Edwards and are we using the next two for Hugh and Alex... could be a daunting transition if we pick an interstate player who isn't picked up with anyone else who is new.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

39 wont be needed for Edwards. We currently have 34 players on our list. Pick 12 and 39 gives us 36. Edwards picked up with the next pick at 77. We then upgrade Keath and Greenwood leaving us with 39 players assuming we go in one short. We may save that spot for a nominated rookie.

I'm expecting at least one more delisting in Beech, he's just not up to it unfortunately, Hunter I'd jettison too in favour of taking a young developing Ruck like Greater Western Victoria Rebel Lloyd Meek or Western Jet Tristan Xerri late or in the Rookie Draft. Failing taking a youngster use Harry Dear as Ruck/Forward depth for Riley O'Brien, let's face it Harry hasn't set the world on fire playing as a Forward or as a Defender the couple of times he was thrown down back in the SANFL so might as well see if he's got anything in Ruck.
Beech is a rookie remember

We only have two live picks after that. You think Hugh upgraded and not Alex? Wouldn't it eat too much and possibly next year if we took him with the third pick?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You have as many picks as it takes to fill the list. Pick 12, Pick 39, Pick 77 Edwards, Grennwood, Keath gives us 39 players if we go one short.

39 wont be needed for Edwards. We currently have 34 players on our list. Pick 12 and 39 gives us 36. Edwards picked up with the next pick at 77. We then upgrade Keath and Greenwood leaving us with 39 players assuming we go in one short. We may save that spot for a nominated rookie.
Don't need a nominated rookie any more, they can all be selected at any time.

Looks OK.. Nothing that really stands out.. But good attack on the footy. Reminds me of Matt Crouch.

He’s got mongrel.. we need more mongrel!.. not scared of putting his head over it and going on and getting the ball or laying a solid tackle.... sick of seeing Rory “I don’t tackle” Atkins and David “let’s not get too dirty” Mackay go soft at the ball.

I’m not saying take him with pick 12 but if he slides all the way down to 39....

By my count, adding in Keath and Greenwood, we are at 37.

Room for 2 picks + Edwards.

If we make a late play for a DFA then another needs to be delisted.
Yes u are right. I was thinking ROB was still a rookie

1 - B Crouch
2 - Knight
3 - Jenkins
4 - Galluci
5 - Kelly
6 - Sloane
7 - Seeds
8 - Talia
9 - Tex
10 - Dmac
11 - Hartigan
12 - Brown
13 - Hampton
14 - Betts
15 - Atkins
16 - Otten
17 - Jacobs
18 - Cheney
19 - Dougy
20 - Lynch
21 - CEY
22 - Laird
23 - Milera
24 - Poholke
25 - Smith
26 - Himmelberg
27 - Signorello
28 - Dear
29 - Doedee
30 - Davis
31 - McGovern
32 - ROB
33 - M Crouch
34 - Gibbs
35 - Gibson
36 - Keath
37 Greenwood

3 picks in Draft

I'm only aware of him due to being today's AFL.com.au focus but Lochie O'Brien looks a jet and perfect for us. I love a left footer.

Bicks - is he in contention for #12?

Hope not, very outside, no more players that don't win their own ball on a consistent basis, people always going on about his kicking efficiency don't seem to get there is a reason for that, he's an outside receiver that gets time because he's usually in space. I really want a mid that has a blend of inside/outside by preference like Paddy Dow, Luke Davies-Unakie, Adam Cerra, Hunter Clark, Aiden Bonar and at a stretch Jack Petrucelle and Lachlan Fogarty. The player that fits that description that I think is the most likely to be attainable is Hunter Clark who has an excellent inside/outside game and is as hard as a cat's head and attacks every contest with vigour.

Thanks for the intel, Bicks.

Is Clark's kicking good enough? I know he can kick off both feet but it looks a bit scrappy but the vision I've seen of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so too, otherwise I can't work out why we didn't give them 12 instead of 10

We didn’t actually have 12 yet on the Thursday morning that the Gibbs deal finally went through... we did the Cameron deal just after it.

I reacon they deliberately did it like that because they were justifiably worried SOS would’ve asked for 10 and 12 for Gibbs not 10 and 16!...

If Worpel falls to 39 he would be a steal, personally I can't see it as he already has the body size and tank to play day 1, I just see him as a 200 game player that might never be a star but will always be a consistently solid contributor giving 100% effort at every contest. A player I would compare his game style to would be a stronger version of Ben Cunnington with the added aspect of hitting the scoreboard up forward on a more consistent basis.

Yep... Surely not every bloke you pick up has to be considered a potential future superstar.. just looking at that footage I posted up he looks like a good solid player that gets a hell of a lot of the football and isn’t scared to cop a few hits in doing so.. a work horse that plays consistent hard footy week in week out.. if he’s a potential 2018 round one starter the crows would be stupid not to grab him if he’s still there, as some suggest he will be, at pick 39.

Hunter Clark is a good kick and proficient off both sides, the vision you've seen is what 2 minutes? I can only comment on what I've seen live and up close, as I've said earlier in this thread the only knock I've got on Hunter he can tend to hurry his disposal on a few occasions other than that he is usually a good and precise kick when given any time and space which is the case with most midfielders. He is clearly one of the better balanced mids with his blend of an inside/outside game in this draft, similar to Rory Sloane in that aspect.

These ratings from Cal Twomey's Draft Board over the last few months, a guy that sees a shitload of U18's football, and as you can see he has him around our pick.

huEoIp.png

8lw20S.png

rUVe1I.png

Our own Knightmare who also sees a shitload of U18 games....taken from his October ESPN Phantom.

wsy7ID.png

This from Knightmare's Big Footy board.
S2lOIF.png
Don't like that last bit about decisions under pressure

If Worpel falls to 39 he would be a steal, personally I can't see it as he already has the body size and tank to play day 1, I just see him as a 200 game player that might never be a star but will always be a consistently solid contributor giving 100% effort at every contest. A player I would compare his game style to would be a stronger version of Ben Cunnington with the added aspect of hitting the scoreboard up forward on a more consistent basis.
Looked at his footage for the first time today.

Way less one-dimensional than the write ups have potrayed. Very sound kick, not express pace but can link up and run as well as have enough toe in the first 5-10 metres to get separation. Can't see why he wouldn't be an inside mid who couldn't rotate forward as required ala Rockliff.

May not be a need but compared to the speculative picks at 39 I'd be more than happy to pick him there.

The Tall that could turn out to be amongst the best in this draft if things go right for him....X Factor on two legs that is Noah Balta....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...k=ec791a70c8e6b2babcf724ea99aa55b8-1508980540
If we go tall I'm sold on Balta!

With the history of talls at the AFC, I think all of us have come to despise any hint of uncompetitiveness/lack of intensity...and when I look at the limited footage of Balta versus Brander, I like the former by a mile.

What's the bet if Adelaide offered Hartung a Contract .....doubt he'd be refusing due to potential homesickness

BILLY Hartung is on the hunt for a new AFL home after being delisted by Hawthorn on Thursday.

The 22-year-old was one of three Hawks axed, with forward Kade Stewart and wingman Dallas Willsmore also cut from Hawthorn's list.

Hartung played 63 games in his four seasons at Waverley, including 18 games this year when he averaged a career-high 22 possessions.

Hunter Clark is a good kick and proficient off both sides, the vision you've seen is what 2 minutes? I can only comment on what I've seen live and up close, as I've said earlier in this thread the only knock I've got on Hunter he can tend to hurry his disposal on a few occasions other than that he is usually a good and precise kick when given any time and space which is the case with most midfielders. He is clearly one of the better balanced mids with his blend of an inside/outside game in this draft, similar to Rory Sloane in that aspect.
Not sure he's played much as a mid, certainly not in the Championships? ..........my only point on Hunter is that he appears a "safe" draft pick .....now i hate that description, as i prefer an undeveloped player that has "X" factor ....a real ability to strongly influence a game

The other ability is a real competitive spirit, which Hunter has .....probably see him ATM as a Gallucci type pick, rather than a Sloane / Danger type pick

Then don't go and look at Darcy Fogarty's 2017 U18 Championship games or indeed footage of much of his 2017 season because with your fondness for picking faults in draftees games your going to be very, very busy taking notes because believe me the negatives will far outweigh the positives.

There will not be player taken in this draft that doesn't have certain aspects of their game that they can improve on...Not a single, solitary player.

You would never have drafted Rory Sloane in a million years in his draft year because he had areas of his game that needed tidying up too, more so than Hunter Clark in his draft year. I compare Hunter's game style the closest to Rory Sloane of any of the players in this draft, hard at the contest and man, equally as good playing inside mid or outside mid, elite endurance, runs just as hard with or without possession, offers plenty of run and carry, manic tackler......I consider him to be very close to the complete midfielder already, look out when he gets into a professional environment.

Knightmare compares him to Steele Sidebottom, for mine Hunter attacks the contest harder than Sidebum therefore I liken him more to Sloane.
It's not that I don't expect them to have faults, i certainly do. It's more that i rate decision making under pressure highly and think it's not the easiest thing to fix.

With the history of talls at the AFC, I think all of us have come to despise any hint of uncompetitiveness/lack of intensity...and when I look at the limited footage of Balta versus Brander, I like the former by a mile.
Good comment :thumbsu:

However i just can't see us taking either TBH ......bloke that has my ears pricked currently is
Lochie O'Brien....pacy left footed mid, elite kick & has a bit of Zach Merrett about him ....don't agree that he's purely outside

Like Balta. Love the guys who are prepared to take the game on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back