List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, what they said about Cripps was that he was highly talented, but not fit & carrying a lot of puppy fat .....his pace wasn't questioned

I understand we should value a players strengths .......but we & club recruiters don't ignore a players weaknesses, particularly if the belief is that those weaknesses may not be correctable
They were worried re Cripps athleticism including speed / spread . If not he goes top 5 or top 3

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
He's so average he dominated all the biggest games of the year when the stakes were high and the standard was highest

And you love tall contested marking mids
If that's correct, why is he sliding down draft boards ? .......shouldn't he be rising up the draft boards ?

You keep talking of Constable as a Mid ? .......is he?

Having played most of his junior footy as a defender, the Sandringham Dragons product says he tried to model his game on that of Carlton’s Patrick Cripps when moved he into the midfield this season, while a stint in attack during the national championships was foreign territory.

“I was pretty happy with my consistency all year and playing in a new position in the midfield,” he said.

IMO he was ok in the midfield, but just like i like contested marking mids ......i hate mids that handball at every opportunity, i'm not referring to his around the ground stuff BTW

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
If that's correct, why is he sliding down draft boards ? .......shouldn't he be rising up the draft boards ?

You keep talking of Constable as a Mid ? .......is he?

IMO he was ok in the midfield, but just like i like contested marking mids ......i hate mids that handball at every opportunity, i'm not referring to his around the ground stuff BTW
Well he averaged 26 possessions playing mostly in midfield in Div 1 champs which is highest level of U18 football and he was in best few players every game so I suppose he's shown that he might be a midfielder unless he fluked it

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Well he averaged 26 possessions playing mostly in midfield in Div 1 champs which is highest level of U18 football and he was in best few players every game so I suppose he's shown that he might be a midfielder unless he fluked it
Jeff, juniors doesn't always equate to seniors .....and Stats tell lies , it's all about game impact of those disposals

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Who? ......:p
This guy ;)
Nope .....He's a dead set midfielder if ever i've seen one .......and yes i know the barbs will come at me for that comment

Why i say that is his agility in close and ability with head over the ball to know where players are .....watch the games and he's definitely not a straight line runner .....as i said reminds a lot of a young Ryan Griffen

Now i will be corrected ....but IIRC Griffen when playing for South Adelaide was playing off a Half Back Flank

Jeff how would you describe Griffen ......inside / out .....pure outside (which hardly exists now)? .....or outside / in ?

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Whats a good 2km time DIT ?
IMO for an AFL player, the slowest time a non-KPP should be is around 6:45, preferably higher

Let's just say that Murray Newman's 8:13 was the slowest 2km time trial testing ever. Rayner being not far off that might send some warning signs.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Brayshaw at 1 now

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I saw the games , the impact was huge
Well apparently as long as Constable didn't have to run :p ......so after getting a sprint coach, he's still beaten home in today's 2km time trial by Raynor, who hasn't played for 3 months

Callum Coleman-Jones (7:35) and Charlie Constable (7:58) also completed the run ahead of undergoing further tests with club medicos in the afternoon.
Rayner was one of four draft prospects to do the test at Etihad Stadium on Friday, with the Western Jets gun finishing in about 7:57 minutes.
Rayner hasn't played in nearly three months after the Jets' TAC Cup season ended and he nursed a knee injury

97156474c33de63ee9cca7dc1d433ab2f7b86938b94e75606dd118552a4289a3.jpg

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
IMO for an AFL player, the slowest time a non-KPP should be is around 6:45, preferably higher

Let's just say that Murray Newman's 8:13 was the slowest 2km time trial testing ever. Rayner being not far off that might send some warning signs.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Brayshaw at 1 now
Still think LDU ......but Brayshaw at #2 a strong possibility

To put Rayner's effort in context, the winner of the time trial at last month's national combine, Dylan Moore, completed it in 6:09 while perhaps Rayner's main challenger for the No.1 spot, Andrew Brayshaw, ran it in 6:14 at the combine.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look I know we are very keen to get at least 1 quality midfield and more Bicks talks about Clark i want to get him.
But I feel either with 12 or 39 we must pick up a tall preferring a forward and could cover 2nd ruckus possible .
My reasoning is in last draft our top picks were mids and the rest except 1 were also mids, but more importantly lets look at some of talls either in team or squad that don't look to have a bright future and many lucky to get selection next year.
Deer
Hunter
Otten
Cheney
Then we have
ROB -- Not setting world on fire in SANFL
Keath -- Looking ok but yet to establish himself
And of course lost Lever and last but not least our finals dominator in JJ.
Looking pretty thin even allowing for less tells in current game.

Back