List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

For the record, Landsberger's top 15 as of the weekend

DPD5KDdUEAAcsAs.jpg:large

Clarified that he thinks L Fog goes at pick 14 now, too

Maybe. Probably more about those that came and went before him.

Without trying I feel they are all of similar personality if not character.
Interestingly, only two valuable Vic Metro players have requested trades over the past 10 years - Lever and Gunston

Off the top of my head:
Sloane, Talia, Rat, Lever, Gunston, Kelly, Douglas (going back further I know), Gallucci all Vic M
Dangerfield, Crouchx2, Poholke, Doedee all from Vic C
One glaring omission from the Oakleigh Chargers...;)

How could you possibly miss him?....

Off the top of my head:
Sloane, Talia, Rat, Lever, Gunston, Kelly, Douglas (going back further I know), Gallucci all Vic M
Dangerfield, Crouchx2, Poholke, Doedee all from Vic C
So 3 out of 13 have defected back to Vic .......so 39%, or three in 10 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a discussion for a different thread but...

I know gibbs will definately add something to the team in the next four years but I just can’t get my head around giving up 10 and 16 for him because it looks like there is some real talent in the first round of this draft after all... flame me if you want but I’ve always thought gibbs has been slightly overrated for a no.1 pick.. he’s never even been AA... he’s been the best player in a crap team is about all you really can say.

I really wonder, looking at the players that could potentially fall between pick 10 and 16 (Fogarty a long shot maybe at 10, Clark, bonar, Higgins, Balta etc), whether we should’ve let the whole Gibbs deal slide again and kept our bloody picks..

I guess it all depends how gibbs plays in the next few years before he retires.... but gee potentially adding say Clark, bonar and Balta to the current team and for the next decade with picks 10, 12 and 16 (with these three lads looking likely to fall in this range).. I would like to know everyone’s opinion, would you take that right now instead of Gibbs?...

especially with all three potentially being able to contribute something next season and to be honest our midfield isn’t bad without gibbs... it being the crouch bros who will be even better next year, Sloane, an improved greenwood and knight, Hampton, Douglas getting slower but still there and Milera and gallucci to start firing.. and poholke and some other youngsters yet to show us their potential and hopefully after this preseason being ready to shine. Would love both the names Clark and bonar in that mid list list and Balta in defence/hb

I know gibbs will definately add something to the team in the next four years but I just can’t get my head around giving up 10 and 16 for him because it looks like there is some real talent in the first round of this draft after all... flame me if you want but I’ve always thought gibbs has been slightly overrated for a no.1 pick.. he’s never even been AA... he’s been the best player in a crap team is about all you really can say.

I really wonder, looking at the players that could potentially fall between pick 10 and 16 (Fogarty a long shot maybe at 10, Clark, bonar, Higgins, Balta etc), whether we should’ve let the whole Gibbs deal slide again and kept our bloody picks..

I guess it all depends how gibbs plays in the next few years before he retires.... but gee potentially adding say Clark, bonar and Balta to the current team and for the next decade with picks 10, 12 and 16 (with these three lads looking likely to fall in this range).. I would like to know everyone’s opinion, would you take that right now instead of Gibbs?...

especially with all three potentially being able to contribute something next season and to be honest our midfield isn’t bad without gibbs... it being the crouch bros who will be even better next year, Sloane, an improved greenwood and knight, Hampton, Douglas getting slower but still there and Milera and gallucci to start firing.. and poholke and some other youngsters yet to show us their potential and hopefully after this preseason being ready to shine. Would love both the names Clark and bonar in that mid list list and Balta in defence/hb
That's it. We're not thinking about the next decade fully, but trying to win a premiership while we can in the next 2 years. Nothing is guaranteed in 10 years time, but we've got a squad that got us to the last day in September. We've still got pick 12 this year, as well as probably 3 top 30 picks next year to worry about what we look like in 10 years time.

I was critical of the price we paid for Gibbs, but the reality is not every player in the top 16 picks will make it . Reading the draft profile it sounds like all of them will be A grade players . Go back over the years and read the profiles and it’s the same every year... every pick is a star. But in truth, a % of players picked will fail to play 50 games . Barring injury, we should get more than 50 games out of Gibbs.

So i'm watching the U18 Championships this year & Mick Ablett makes the comment ..."Some clubs are amazingly talking Dow as a top 10 pick" ...."he wasn't on clubs radar as a top pick at the start of the season"?

Now we're hearing Dow is in the discussion as a potential #1 pick ?

So with a player like Dow or a Zac Bailey who come from the clouds ......how much is development & how much is a player just having an extraordinary year, a blue moon of a year?

I have the same feeling with him.
It’s also because Gallucci is uncontracted at the end of this year

He was drafted earlier and has played a game but hasn’t re-sighed; while others drafted later in the same year with no games played have re-signed.

Surely this wouldn’t be through the club’s choice - Gallucci must have refused to re-sign just yet

Hope he is backing himself to have a good year and earn a better contract, as per McGrath. If he was from SA then I would assume that. But unfortunately we’ve got too much form here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back