24/11/17 6pm National Draft: Picks 47, 51, 58, 60 + 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Mods, can we remove, ban, and press criminal charges against anyone who thinks Amon is a good kick? Or better yet give me the privilege.

Amon should be roughly 37th picked on our list for mine.

Every now and then as a supporter we s**t can a kid only for him to become elite and for everyone to remind us that we did not rate him.

Amon, it has been a slow ride up the mountain but he has consistently got better. I have a feeling you will be wrong on this one.

Not only is he not a good kick, he's one of the worst on our list. I can't fathom where this myth comes from. He misses targets regularly, and not by small amounts. He misses by miles. Not to mention the insane amount of times he kicks it out on the full. This is the biggest myth in football.
I must be watching the wrong Amon. No, only one Amon playing for Port Adelaide.
Just a bit of a summary of his games..
upload_2017-9-14_14-4-2.png

Knee injury kept him out for several games..

upload_2017-9-14_14-4-51.png

So he is a keeper for me ........ and only 22 yo with more upside to come..
One thing I do like is his goals on the run ...:D

Last edited:

Aaron Francis has requested a trade back to Adelaide do we go after him or is he another Toumpas?

It isn't the only possible headache for the club as trade period approaches, with restricted free agent Tom Rockliff still to make his intentions clear.
With Adelaide expected to chase Carlton's Bryce Gibbs again, Port Adelaide has loomed as the frontrunner to lure Rockliff away from the Gabba.
Rockliff did everything right in 2017 on and off the field, and although the Lions want to retain their former skipper, they won't overpay.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-14/resigned-schache-still-in-recruiters-sights

Actually he kicked 71 goals and twenty something behinds this year. Pretty sick stats

Of course I was being facetious...
If that is the case, 71 20 odd, how in Warren Gary Tredreas sakes will WE be getting him in the draft? Or is he still regarded a long shot / smokie following his non selection last year? (A quick google search identified that piece of trivia haha.)

Aaron Francis has requested a trade back to Adelaide do we go after him or is he another Toumpas?

Toumpas was damaged goods when we got him. Francis will still become a star.

Toumpas was damaged goods when we got him. Francis will still become a star.

No concerns over ability to get/stay on the park? Or what position he will play? Or workrate?

I'm interested for the right price but I would not remotely go near his draft position. Would not part with our 2nd rounder this year or next year. I would happily trade a fringe player ie young ah Chee but I doubt they're enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be good if we had a parallel 'draft and trade thread' which consisted of actual information etc rather than the endless wank that is going on in this thread.
Mate, if you had kids, were a kid, or had ever been a kid, I don't think you'd be calling this discussion 'endless wank'.

Rockliff averaged almost 25 kids this year. I think if he came to us we could get him to average about 28 kids a year by spreading the workload between Boak, Wines and SPP.

I'm hoping SPP can get closer to averaging about 20+ kids next year, because we need him picking up some kids in the middle for our midfield to function properly against the top sides.

It was unforgivable that shuey, priddis and mitchell racked up like a billion children in the centre on the weekend. Our midfield is impotent in comparison.

Rockliff averaged almost 25 kids this year. I think if he came to us we could get him to average about 28 kids a year by spreading the workload between Boak, Wines and SPP.

I'm hoping SPP can get closer to averaging about 20+ kids next year, because we need him picking up some kids in the middle for our midfield to function properly against the top sides.

It was unforgivable that shuey, priddis and mitchell racked up like a billion children in the centre on the weekend. Our midfield is impotent in comparison.

First half of the season he averaged around 29 disposals that was pre injury. Then he got that shoulder injury and then played the last 3 games as permanent forward which lowered his averages.

I wonder what Dodoro would want for Francis? He'll probably ask for Wines and change.

Apparently Francis can't run out games. He's far from a sure bet imo.

The question mark on Ryan as I recall from last year's draft is his endurance. He reportedly ran a poor beep test last year (a figure of just over 10 has been mentioned on BF) which supposedly scared off recruiters. He was linked to us last year too.

His marking highlights reel is spectacular but I would have liked to see some highlights of him running. ;)

I wonder what Dodoro would want for Francis? He'll probably ask for Wines and change.

Apparently Francis can't run out games. He's far from a sure bet imo.

Another round with Dodoro. Not sure I'm ready for that yet. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back