List Mgmt. 2017 Draft - Pick 10 - Poll Added

Who would YOU pick at #10 in this years draft? (Single Choice)

• Stephenson

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • Brayshaw

Votes: 82 23.7%
  • Coffield

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Constable

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Higgins

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • Brander

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Bonar

Votes: 32 9.2%
  • Clark

Votes: 26 7.5%
  • DFogarty

Votes: 84 24.3%
  • Hayes

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fogarty only because it would really stick a nail in Adelaide
But srsly whoever SOS chooses is fine by me
(As long as its a midfielder)

Crosspost from the List Man thread

Any chance we'd be interested in Sam Hayes at pick 10 if he gets there?

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/19244198/knightmares-afl-draft-wrap-sam-hayes-starring-ruck

Hayes was a powerhouse through the ruck but his play around the ground was equally impressive. Taking a commanding contested mark from a kick out, using his body effectively in the contest. He was clean at ground level and also involved in general play.

While Hayes did not receive the opportunity in this game, he is also a genuine threat when utilized as a key forward with his vice-like hands overhead and body-on-body strength making him very hard to defend.

With Hayes' dominance and advanced game it would be reasonable to compare him to a young Matthew Kreuzer. Hayes has the opportunity to follow in Kreuzer's footsteps to become a two time All-Australian Under-18 ruckman and will likely also feature in the first round of the draft at seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s one of those awkward Grundy/Minson types, all arms and legs.

Athletic enough and smart enough to get it out by hand, just hasn’t the body size yet.

Reckon our tall stocks will be covered well enough in the next few years.

We should definitely go for a mid with pick #10.

Brayshaw wouldn't be a bad option, has speed, decent foot skills and loves to tackle.

Crosspost from the List Man thread

Any chance we'd be interested in Sam Hayes at pick 10 if he gets there?

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/19244198/knightmares-afl-draft-wrap-sam-hayes-starring-ruck

Hopefully not in a million years.

Ruckmen have become the least important position on the ground. Furthermore, we just picked up a good solid one by trading pick 325 in the draft (or whatever), and once Kreuzer/Lobbe retire I'm sure we can do the same again. Key forwards are also declining in importance, in favour of more mobile targets. And this bloke doesn't seem to be a natural fit for either role.

What we want/need is depth in the midfield, and this draft seems to have good midfield prospects right through the top 30. Here's hoping we get something like:
pick 3: LDU/Rayner/Dow
pick 10: Coffield/Higgins/Brayshaw
pick 30: Moore/Petrucelle/Worpel

Add 3 young midfielders to a group already including Cripps/SPS/Fisher/Kennedy, and take another (Rankine!) in the top 10 next year, and we've got a midfield to build a team around.

I've mentioned this a few times in other threads, I think when you boil it all down the WIN for us this trade period can be isolated to Gibbs for 10, Lang and Kennedy. Now Kennedy is a more sure bet than Lang, and is probably going to be a good player, so really to have a major win this trade period SOS has to win with pick 10, ie: he has to pick astutely with this pick.

Which raises the Question.. Does he take a risk with someone who might have more sexy upside like a Bonar or does he go a bit more conservative to reduce the chances of blowing the pick but still likely getting a good player (but maybe not a star).

Oooooo that just turned me off.

Red lights are flashing for me whenever the surgical procedure or healing process has gone wrong.

He is fine, it wasnt attached properly. Got better as the year went on, as ive said if we dont get him at 10 or pass on him, whoever does pick him will have a beauty. Midfield version of nicnat

Back