List Mgmt. 2017 Draft - Pick 10 - Poll Added

Who would YOU pick at #10 in this years draft? (Single Choice)

• Stephenson

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • Brayshaw

Votes: 82 23.7%
  • Coffield

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Constable

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Higgins

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • Brander

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Bonar

Votes: 32 9.2%
  • Clark

Votes: 26 7.5%
  • DFogarty

Votes: 84 24.3%
  • Hayes

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He is fine, it wasnt attached properly. Got better as the year went on, as ive said if we dont get him at 10 or pass on him, whoever does pick him will have a beauty. Midfield version of nicnat

It's more a bias on my part, but I agree he's a real point of difference.

Reasonably sure it's Constable. Saw SOS at a Haileybury game this year which he dominated. Last year before Polson got injured he dominated in similar fashion against Xavier where SOS's son Ben was playing. I think Constable is a very Silvagni like-pick. He's a big bodied inside midfielder and I think it addresses our issues there alongside Kennedy coming in. Also I do get a feeling Dow will be the one that slips to #3 and is more of an explosive midfield with great speed so not too similar.

Have seen Higgins play many times in person, really like him as a player but would I use a top 10 pick on him personally? Probably not. Hate to compare him to a Lewis Taylor/Caleb Daniel type and pigeon hole him in because of his size but I do get a lot of Lewis Taylor about him.

Next cab off the rank if Constable is gone would be Brayshaw, but I don't think he slips through St Kilda's picks.

Is Lachlan Fogarty likely to make it to 30? Probably pretty similar to Fisher but I rate him, every time I look at his stats in TAC cup he seems to have 10-15 tackles.
If he makes it to 30, I'm confident we'd pick him.

He is fine, it wasnt attached properly. Got better as the year went on, as ive said if we dont get him at 10 or pass on him, whoever does pick him will have a beauty. Midfield version of nicnat
Nicnat kinda is the midfield version of Nicnat, he's just bulked up a lot in recent seasons (and surprise, surprise, did his ACL).

This kid is more like what everyone was hoping Will Brodie would be.

Reasonably sure it's Constable. Saw SOS at a Haileybury game this year which he dominated. Last year before Polson got injured he dominated in similar fashion against Xavier where SOS's son Ben was playing. I think Constable is a very Silvagni like-pick. He's a big bodied inside midfielder and I think it addresses our issues there alongside Kennedy coming in. Also I do get a feeling Dow will be the one that slips to #3 and is more of an explosive midfield with great speed so not too similar.

Have seen Higgins play many times in person, really like him as a player but would I use a top 10 pick on him personally? Probably not. Hate to compare him to a Lewis Taylor/Caleb Daniel type and pigeon hole him in because of his size but I do get a lot of Lewis Taylor about him.

Next cab off the rank if Constable is gone would be Brayshaw, but I don't think he slips through St Kilda's picks.
SOS being at a Haileybury game doesn't mean too much given how much talent they have spread over the next two drafts.

King brothers, Bonar, Brayshaw, LDU... it's a long list.

I'm not overly taken with Constable. Seems to be more of the same but not as good as Cripps. Not quick and while a 3rd inside mid would be nice, I'm worried about being too one paced.

Higgins is definitely a point of difference. Got a lot of Ainsworth about him but gets all over the ground more often.

I'm not overly taken with Constable. Seems to be more of the same but not as good as Cripps. Not quick and while a 3rd inside mid would be nice, I'm worried about being too one paced.

Higgins is definitely a point of difference. Got a lot of Ainsworth about him but gets all over the ground more often.
Here's the thing, though; rewatch his footage, and instead of looking to see Cripps - which is an obvious comparison, as he hits blokes by hand without looking at them from inside a pack - look to see Sam Mitchell, if he was Cripps size.

His skills by foot put Pat to shame. I've wanted Constable above most of the other, more sexy possibilities, as while he appears no frills, his qualities are translatable to AFL level almost immediately, and he's completely unruffled by any kind of tackling pressure, which is where the game seems to be heading. He would go a significant distance into covering Gibbs absence in the short term, whilst allowing Pat to play forward. If we took someone with genuine pace at 3 - Cerra, perhaps - he'd be a great option.

Here's the thing, though; rewatch his footage, and instead of looking to see Cripps - which is an obvious comparison, as he hits blokes by hand without looking at them from inside a pack - look to see Sam Mitchell, if he was Cripps size.

His skills by foot put Pat to shame. I've wanted Constable above most of the other, more sexy possibilities, as while he appears no frills, his qualities are translatable to AFL level almost immediately, and he's completely unruffled by any kind of tackling pressure, which is where the game seems to be heading. He would go a significant distance into covering Gibbs absence in the short term, whilst allowing Pat to play forward. If we took someone with genuine pace at 3 - Cerra, perhaps - he'd be a great option.
Bit of a sam powell pepper type? Bullocking mid that can play straight away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a sam powell pepper type? Bullocking mid that can play straight away?
Not at all in the same style; finds space in close like Mitchell did, without making time stand still like Pendlebury. The comparison for me is that he's similar to Cripps in that he gets so much of his ball inside and is the distributor despite having a massive frame - and he has Cripps no look handpassing, even though he's not as good at it, but then who is? - but is much better by foot. Is rather slow, though, and lacks Pat's burst, but makes up for it with sublime skills by foot and the ability to drift forward, as he's fairly handy overhead.

Powell-Pepper is like a wreaking ball. Constable is a bit classy, if you can play almost entirely inside as a massive unit and have that little bit of space.

Hunter Clark would be a great get at pick 10, watched him live in U16 and his kicking with left and right foot was jaw dropping, many were predicting he would go pick one in his draft year, he started the year off pretty slow due to some injuries IIRC, but really found some form at the back end of the year, was winning a stack of contested ball and is no slouch on the outside too.
It's pretty rare for a predominantly inside ball winner to be so skilful kicking off both feet.

i reckon we might end up with davies uniake at 3

so some one who'll offer a different skillset
Would love this but doubt he gets through. I think he and Rayner go 1 2 and we get the next best mid: YouTube troll revealed Cerra as the one with the most point of difference for pick 3.

Hunter Clark would be a great get at pick 10, watched him live in U16 and his kicking with left and right foot was jaw dropping, many were predicting he would go pick one in his draft year, he started the year off pretty slow due to some injuries IIRC, but really found some form at the back end of the year, was winning a stack of contested ball and is no slouch on the outside too.
It's pretty rare for a predominantly inside ball winner to be so skilful kicking off both feet.

It's complex. The inside midfielder is usually a bad kick not because of technical deficiencies but more so because of the constant pressure they're under, at least that's often the case. You still see that in Clarke's game, where his field kicking is exceptional but he's still lacking at times when it comes to disposing of the ball when under serious pressure in the inside contest. My point is, exceptional ability to kick well when on the outside doesn't necessarily translate to being able to kick well when moved to the inside. It's very,very,very rare for a player to be able to do that, we're talking about a Judd level player here.

Also I was under the impression that Clarke was initially an outside player before being moved inside?

It's either LDU or Adam Cerra at 3 both quality big bodied midfielders.
At pick 10 Bonar or Garner and pick 30 Kelly or Ryan.
Talls in next year's draft.

It's complex. The inside midfielder is usually a bad kick not because of technical deficiencies but more so because of the constant pressure they're under, at least that's often the case. You still see that in Clarke's game, where his field kicking is exceptional but he's still lacking at times when it comes to disposing of the ball when under serious pressure in the inside contest. My point is, exceptional ability to kick well when on the outside doesn't necessarily translate to being able to kick well when moved to the inside. It's very,very,very rare for a player to be able to do that, we're talking about a Judd level player here.

Also I was under the impression that Clarke was initially an outside player before being moved inside?

All very true, but I've seen this kid make some impossibley diffcult kicks off both feet and he also has that creativity with his kicking, which usually only players with elite foot skills have, the point you make about inside mids being under pressure when disposing of the ball is correct, but some of the best big bodied inside mids like Danger Fyfe and Kennedy even when given time and space are prone to butchering the footy, the fact is they are just average when it come to foot skills.

Clark was played off half back for Vic Country in his bottom age year and he does have the skill set to do that and be effective, but he has always been seen as a future midfielder, he was probably one of the most dominant contested ball winners in the last 6-7 weeks of the TAC cup and I'd say he is a very balanced midfield type.

Back