2017 Draft - Pick 30

Remove this Banner Ad

According to cal twomey we have dow at 3, Richards at 10 (???), then a choice of constable, worpel, Ross, Moore at 31 (Melb get 30 with the f/s inclusion of Richmond and academy selections). I would take constable in a heartbeat.

DOW, RICHARDS, CONSTABLE, KENNEDY, LANG for the loss of Gibbs is a handy start.

Jaidyn Stephenson with the heart issue could be the elite talent that drops. A couple are now pegging him to be available in the 40s. I'd take the risk in an instant.

Jaidyn Stephenson with the heart issue could be the elite talent that drops. A couple are now pegging him to be available in the 40s. I'd take the risk in an instant.

I would take him with 10, but if he is available at 30 and we dont take him then SOS must have mail that he wont live past 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of Angus Schumacher, Kyron Hayden and Jackson Ross.

Schumacher and Ross have the kicking skills we so desperately lack whilst Hayden has a touch of dare I say it, Cripps?

If I knew how, I would attach the video links but I'm not that tech savvy :-(

Angus Schumacher

Draft Machine Player Bio -
Height: 191cm
Weight: 79kg
Position: Midfielder

"Medium midfielder/defender who represented Vic Country in the NAB AFL U18 Championships. Was a prolific ball-winner all year for the Bendigo Pioneers. Tested extremely well for speed and agility at Victorian testing earlier in the year, showcasing his impressive athleticism".

Combine Results

Goalkicking test (score out of 30)
Jordan Houlahan - 30
Angus Schumacher - 30

Kicking test (score out of 30)

Connor Balldenden - 30
Jack Higgins - 29
Angus Schumacher - 29

Kyron Hayden

Draft Machine Player Bio –
Height: 186cm
Weight: 87kg
Position: Midfielder

"Strongly built medium midfielder with good balance between contested and uncontested football. Very good stoppage player who performed well for Western Australia in the NAB AFL U18 Championships".

Jackson Ross
Draft Machine Player Bio –
Height: 193cm
Weight: 74kg
Position: Forward

"Versatile forward/midfielder with elite endurance and an innate ability around the goals. Very good in the air, below his knees and is a difficult match-up. Former elite junior tennis player, he mixed his footy between school and the Eastern Ranges this year".

Combine Results

Goalkicking test (score out of 30)
Jordan Houlahan - 30
Angus Schumacher - 30
Jackson Ross - 30

Schumacher - very fast but accident prone.....

Constable won’t make 30. He’s quality, he’ll be gone. Stephenson will be well gone also, heart issue and all, he’s quality too. Oh well, looks like it’s Worpel.

Constable won’t make 30. He’s quality, he’ll be gone. Stephenson will be well gone also, heart issue and all, he’s quality too. Oh well, looks like it’s Worpel.
According to Jake Niall, Carlton have ruled both Stephenson and Bonar out.

He also says, both eagles and swans interested in drafting Stephenson (picks 13,14) after they "have believed to have cleared Stephenson medically".

If Constable is available at 30 and we don’t pick him I will be pretty disappointed. He may have a lot of work to do to get his running up to scratch but the kid can seriously play. He is decent as a forward and as a defender in addition to being one of the better clearance players in the draft. I also think his skills are quite good, he will be a player at AFL level IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back