List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listed at 193cm, 76kg.

Goes rookie I reckon.

Agree I can't see us taking many talls this year especially with next year's depth in that department being much better.

Should be finding goal kicking smalls and mid sized players like Miers and trying to get another A grade mid with our first to help out Bont.

Didn't think that he looked built so you're most likely right that he could go as a rookie

I wonder if we get lets say, Coffield & Brayshaw if we see Dahl move up forward to play that role in time. I am hoping Dunkley improves a lot this off season, we don't have enough marking options in the midfield.

Didn't think that he looked built so you're most likely right that he could go as a rookie

I wonder if we get lets say, Coffield & Brayshaw if we see Dahl move up forward to play that role in time. I am hoping Dunkley improves a lot this off season, we don't have enough marking options in the midfield.

I imagine we'd use Coffield as a back flanker so we can move JJ forward. As for Brayshaw I imagine we will have him playing midfield and resting forward a bit (due to his tank and the fact he can actually play forward).

Imagine Dahl would play a bit more forward.

Dahl - Crameri - Dale
Miers - Boyd - resting tall mid

If we got a top pick and where able to get Allen even better. Getting a player like Joel Amartey as a rookie could give us the perfect CHF for the game style Bevo wants if we put a bit of time into bulking him up, even if we got Allen that could release either for stints higher up the ground or as a loose back.

I imagine we'd use Coffield as a back flanker so we can move JJ forward. As for Brayshaw I imagine we will have him playing midfield and resting forward a bit (due to his tank and the fact he can actually play forward).

Imagine Dahl would play a bit more forward.

Dahl - Crameri - Dale
Miers - Boyd - resting tall mid

If we got a top pick and where able to get Allen even better. Getting a player like Joel Amartey as a rookie could give us the perfect CHF for the game style Bevo wants if we put a bit of time into bulking him up, even if we got Allen that could release either for stints higher up the ground or as a loose back.

I would play something different next year

Allen. Boyd. Dale

Dahlhaus. Young. Miers

Have our best contested marking options so they didn't have to run back as deep & I feel as though having Young & Boyd that one of the two is going to not be double teamed.

I think Allen might be just gone by our current second pick & Miers may get to our third because we seem to be one of the few clubs that don't mind taking a risk on shorter players.

I would play something different next year

Allen. Boyd. Dale

Dahlhaus. Young. Miers

Have our best contested marking options so they didn't have to run back as deep & I feel as though having Young & Boyd that one of the two is going to not be double teamed.

I think Allen might be just gone by our current second pick & Miers may get to our third because we seem to be one of the few clubs that don't mind taking a risk on shorter players.

I was looking forward to 2021ish. You could have Adams or some else up forward temporary.

Backs

Young - Adams - Williams
JJ - Cordy - Biggs

Forwards

Dahl - Amartey - Dale
Allen - Boyd - Miers

I like Young behind the ball. He reads the ball from behind like Wood and is 10cm taller.

I feel like asking this again, but with a twist and updated to reflect more current rankings.

So say we get pick 8 from St Kilda for Stringer, and these 7 players are taken already:

Luke Davies-Uniacke
Adam Cerra
Cameron Rayner
Jaidyn Stephenson
Paddy Dow
Nick Coffield
Andrew Brayshaw

Who do you want to see us take at picks 8 and 9?

I was looking forward to 2021ish. You could have Adams or some else up forward temporary.

Backs

Young - Adams - Williams
JJ - Cordy - Biggs

Forwards

Dahl - Amartey - Dale
Allen - Boyd - Miers

I like Young behind the ball. He reads the ball from behind like Wood and is 10cm taller.

Yeah, Wood probably has 5 or so more years which would be perfect timing for Young to develop

I would play him as a forward to learn from the best backs

I think we are going to have to play an unpredictable forward line if we don't want opposition teams setting up for how to defend against us as well.

I feel like asking this again, but with a twist and updated to reflect more current rankings.

So say we get pick 8 from St Kilda for Stringer, and these 7 players are taken already:

Luke Davies-Uniacke
Adam Cerra
Cameron Rayner
Jaidyn Stephenson
Paddy Dow
Nick Coffield
Andrew Brayshaw

Who do you want to see us take at picks 8 and 9?
Oscar Allen & bid on Ballenden if he hasn't been bid on already.

Liam Ryan certainly would add some excitement and flair too the forward line. 68 goals in WAFL good effort. Could he be a player we would look at ? What round does he look like being drafted ?

Liam Ryan certainly would add some excitement and flair too the forward line. 68 goals in WAFL good effort. Could he be a player we would look at ? What round does he look like being drafted ?

He wasn't drafted last year and had a fantastic highlight reel. He provides zero forward defensive pressure. Questions about his endurance and work ethic are what may keep him from being drafted again.

Heard from a mate at work ( not a reliable source) that Dalrymple is keen on a West Australian in the draft.
To all you draft watchers. Who could that be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from a mate at work ( not a reliable source) that Dalrymple is keen on a West Australian in the draft.
To all you draft watchers. Who could that be?

WA players at the National Combine. Probably could name a few of those that we could be interested in.

Brayden Ainsworth (Subiaco) - 183cm, 75kg midfielder
Oscar Allen (West Perth) - 191cm, 83kg Forward
Callan England (Claremont) - 182cm, 73kg Midfielder
Kyron Hayden (Subiaco) - 185cm, 85kg midfielder
Tim Kelly (South Fremantle) - 183cm, 83kg mature age goal kicking midfielder
Ben Miller (Subiaco) - 196cm, 98kg KPF/Ruck
Aaron Naughton (Peel Thunder) - 194cm, 84kg KPD
Jake Patmore (Claremont) - 181cm, 78kg midfielder/half back
Brandon Starcevich (East Perth) - 187cm, 88kg midfielder
Sam Taylor (Swan Districts) - 196cm, 85kg KPD

191cm Forward. Not a KPP at AFL level but has some real good traits. Something like Adelaide's Lynch.
Interesting side note for you Wizard17 is that the Larke Medalist
Oscar Allen's father is taller than him and his brother is also
195 cm tall so maybe expect another inch or so in family related
growth. ;)

Interesting side note for you Wizard17 is that the Larke Medalist
Oscar Allen's father is taller than him and his brother is also
195 cm tall so maybe expect another inch or so in family related
growth. ;)

Not all related people are uniformly the same height. If that was right then I'd be 5'8 and not 6'3.

He is a third forward as things stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back