2017 Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

We are only stating the facts. He has followed the Blues on Instagram.. No other club (apart from the club he barracks for *) he is also also atively following by liking some of their posts. Makes you wonder. They all have to be seen saying the right things, doesn't guarantee he means what he says.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It doesn’t mean anything

while we are one players following clubs on Insta, Twitter etc...Ryley Stoddart follows WCE and liked several WCE posts....
That's because he barracks for them... He also had North officials come to his home multiple times...

You probably aren't old enough or are too delusional to know what a basket case your club was when you first joined the Afl even with all the ludicrously generous concessions you were given.
Hilarious coming from a freo supporter, our first 3 years returned a finish of 8th, 4th and 11th, not too bad at all for the first 3 years, which was followed by a period of dominance. On the other hand, freo managed finals twice in their first 15 years, and 7 out of 23 years since inception. What's that saying about throwing stones and glass houses? :rolleyes:

Given that we had to pay millions to join the league and had to pay teams to come and play us I'm not surprised that at some point we may have needed some help, but to say we were a basket case is just wishful thinking on your behalf, we're the most profitable sporting club in Australia and probably contribute more financially to the AFL than most clubs, if not all.

BTW not that means much but Rayner is an Essendon supporter not Carlton!!! He may be hopeful of staying in Victoria. But Cal honestly believes the Lions are big into Rayner and believes he'll get along well with everyone at the club Fagan also seems to like him only last week on SEN Fagan said he'd have no problem picking him up

What picks do they have?

His Sturt teammate Jordan Houlahan also pushed himself into consideration for the first 20 picks on draft night after also playing in his club's under-18 and reserves flags.

Houlahan is a high-flying medium forward who is exciting in the air and dangerous at ground level.

Sydney has been linked as a possible suitor for the 18-year-old, who performed well in the jumps tests at the recent draft combine.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-09/late-bloomer-looms-as-draft-tall-order

That also implies that pick 14 is the one the Swans are considering using.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-09/late-bloomer-looms-as-draft-tall-order

That also implies that pick 14 is the one the Swans are considering using.
Probably depends on who is also still available at pick 14, he does seem a stretch there.

This draft won't be a normal one at the top because three clubs have two picks in the top 10 so their second pick may not be purely best available, this scenario often dishes up sliders more than a draft where the first ten picks are owned by ten clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS and Brisbane expressing interest in Jack Petruccelle. Giants are considering him with one of their 2nds with a half-back role in mind, along with Ed Richards (Unlikely) and Matt Ling. Highly unlikely he slips past Brisbane's multiple 3rds.
North and Bulldogs also were previously interested, but due to their picks not fitting his range, have since eased.

GWS and Brisbane expressing interest in Jack Petrucelle. Giants are considering him with one of their 2nds with a half-back role in mind, along with Ed Richards (Unlikely) and Matt Ling. Highly unlikely he slips past Brisbane's multiple 3rds.
North and Bulldogs also were previously interested, but due to their picks not fitting his range, have since eased.
If Brisbane were to draft him, it would be with pick 18. Our later picks are expected to be used on academy bids

If we wanted him, we would not take him at 3 and won't expect him to last until 10. The whole premise is that North making noises about him at 4 will pressure us to take him at 3. I don't think it will.

So, we won't take him at 3 or 10 even though we rate him enough for North to want to trick us into selecting him with the earlier pick... I get it. :huh::huh:

So, we won't take him at 3 or 10 even though we rate him enough for North to want to trick us into selecting him with the earlier pick... I get it. :huh::huh:

Where did I suggest we won't take him at 10, assuming we are in to him?

Last edited:
GWS and Brisbane expressing interest in Jack Petruccelle. Giants are considering him with one of their 2nds with a half-back role in mind, along with Ed Richards (Unlikely) and Matt Ling. Highly unlikely he slips past Brisbane's multiple 3rds.

Giants also considering Ryley Stoddart, so I think it's safe to say that one of the Giants 2nd rounders will be a running half back - just a matter of who.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back