2017 Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight from the horses mouth... (NM Staff Member). The club is seriously considering Nathan Murphy at pick #4, they rate the kid big time and will grab him if Stephenson is already gone. They've cooled on Cerra (questions over his attitude). They've also cooled on Fogarty due to his injuries.

I be happy with that as a Pies Fan

Cerra reportedly kept checking his phone during an interview with North, was quite antisocial and seemed disinterested. Lack of eye contact was another sticking point too. It was enough to put North off, big time.

Doing a Grundy;)

Heard his interview this morning, he sounded quite articulate and confident. He has a gf and did say preference to stay home but would go anywhere (standard response). The GF is a red flag for interstate clubs.

I liked Brayshaw’s response when asked if he had a gf “...umm sorta, depends if I get drafted interstate or not”. Gold.
Should of told that to Tim Taranto's date to last years draft.

As for a draft rumour.

Rumour on the Lions board is that Paddy Dow is considered a genuine flight risk and is out of the running for pick one.

Should of told that to Tim Taranto's date to last years draft.

As for a draft rumour.

Rumour on the Lions board is that Paddy Dow is considered a genuine flight risk and is out of the running for pick one.
Brisbane would be aware that if they don't draft blokes because they're flight risks then every interstate player will start behaving as if they're a flight risk. I would assume that most players would be less than thrilled about moving interstate. Brisbane need to take a firm stance on this stuff.

Brisbane would be aware that if they don't draft blokes because they're flight risks then every interstate player will start behaving as if they're a flight risk. I would assume that most players would be less than thrilled about moving interstate. Brisbane need to take a firm stance on this stuff.

I agree in principle, but it's easy to say when it's not your club assuming any risk. If we take a stance, it's toothless if the AFL don't back us all the way.

Poster on our board who broke the Sam Mitchell to WC story last year got told by an employee of an opposition club they believe Collingwood will select Fogarty at 6 if he’s available.

Interview, fact, and all 6 did.

All 6 like North's list and want to work with Brad Scott. Dow was told during the interview that Josh Kelly has committed to North for 2020.

Brayshaw because his dad played for North

Stephenson because he trained with North in the pre-season and follows North now.

Cerra wants to make his mum happy and thinks North have a real shot to do a bulldogs/richmond this year.

Rayner wants to prove that he is better than dustin martin and that North were better off selecting him.

LDU is good friends with EVW and likes that hypens are treated as equals at North.
stephenson barracks for brissy...always has

Dow's grandfather played for north.

Should he fall beyond the first two selections on draft night, there is little chance he slips further than Carlton’s Pick 3 or North Melbourne’s Pick 4.

For the mad Kangaroos fan, the chance of heading to Arden St is one he is still getting his head around.

“The thought of going to the club you support is pretty exciting,” Dow says.

“But anything can happen on draft night.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/ca477b6bd8b61358df49d5693d95e25a

Stephenson is one another poster has to find for me, but he did train at the club and there's a bomber's poster running here around saying that at least his dad is a big north fan. I personally don't think he has a major preference, he just wants to play at the top level.

Cerra:
The boy from Glen Waverley appears destined to become a 200-game player, linked to North Melbourne with selection No.4.

“I’ve spoken to most clubs in that range but they don’t give much away,” Cerra said.

“Every time someone asks me where I’m going, I’m in the same boat as them, I honestly don’t know but it would be awesome to go to North. Mum is a North supporter.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...t/news-story/8a110b3021d8c55b4b4c394a74a79063

None of the boys have done a naughton, but at least one will get the opportunity to play for a club they are at least fond of.
stephenson said in an interview that he,d love to go to north but is unphased where he goes....he just wants to be drafted...which he will be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the players can’t see themselves playing interstate for 10 years that should be honest. It’s more important they draft players that will stay than flight risks. Especially with a number 1 draft pick.

It’s why I think Brayshaw is in the mix as he was very strong when asked about moving interstate.

stephenson said in an interview that he,d love to go to north but is unphased where he goes....he just wants to be drafted...which he will be
He said that in a media interview. Just as every draftee does in a media interview. People aren't always truthful in media interviews.

He said that in a media interview. Just as every draftee does in a media interview. People aren't always truthful in media interviews.
hes told me personally that it would be great to go to the kangas because he spend time training with them and liked the boys down there....but wouldnt be disapointed where he went...obviously he has a preference but wont tell anyone hahahaha...will be good in media at keeping his cards close to his chest

Poster on our board who broke the Sam Mitchell to WC story last year got told by an employee of an opposition club they believe Collingwood will select Fogarty at 6 if he’s available.
I've heard from the friend of the brother of a girl who met a recruiter on Tinder that Naughton will cry if this is true.

stephenson barracks for brissy...always has
Yes because likes most kids during that era they support the team that wins the flags and obviously brisbane were red hot in the early 2000s.

His first footy was a North one so that makes him a North supporter. It's like boomer's son saying he supports the dogs because they won the flag that year. Kids are easily swayed.

First club football > Bandwagon

Btw Saints are right into Hunter Clark at 7/8.
I think the Saints will end up with Stephenson and Clark. Which will be awesome for them. While Freo ends up with LDU and either Cerra or Dow. Carlton gets Rayner and Brisbane Brayshaw.
My new top ten:
1. Brayshaw
2. LDU
3. Rayner
4. Cerra
5. Dow
6. Foggaty
7. Clark
8. Stephenson
9. Coffield
10.Higgins

Last edited:
I think the Saints will end up with Cerra and Clark. Which will be awesome for them.

Can’t see Cerra slipping that far.

I reckon the blues will take him at 3.

I agree that Cerra won't slip that far after thinking about for a second. Edited my top ten. Still think that Carlton will pick Rayner over Cerra and Dow if he is available. I will be over the moon if Freo get Dow and LDU.

For north I’d be happy with Dow/cerra/brayshaw and ok with Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back