2017 Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

I see.. so despite the fact he has said he wants to be at the dogs means nothing.. very well might not once he gets in the system but you can hardly dismiss it

He's still in Melbourne. He won't need to go anywhere to see family, and St Kilda would back their development.

You can't lose with either Brayshaw or Cerra. Cerra has massive upside. His lack of pace is massively overblown as he has elite evasiveness.

They did say only slow to break away but okay there on. Dont think i've heard that before "elite evasiveness". Have you got any more gems like that.:thumbsu:

Matt Balmer, Brett Anderson, Cal Twomey, everyone has said this is the hardest draft to get a read on. Teams are keeping their cards close to their chest, because they don't have a read on other teams and the players they are looking at. So all the media phantom drafters have gone early this year. (typically Emma Quayle and Twomey used to release their phantom draft the day before, with as much intel as possible, then an updated version on the morning of the draft).

It's not a deep draft and there are going to be points or levels in the draft where teams are not going to have the required talent by position to fill their needs available to them. So they can reach for a player that fills a need or draft the best talent available to them.

West Coast is probably the team worst positioned, as their picks fall just after different talent levels, and they are extremely reliant on teams below them passing on players or those available to them don't fill a need, so they are left with the choice of picking best talent or reaching for need.

The West Coast Board is primed for an apocalyptic meltdown of epic proportions. Coles are having a sale on triple-buttered popcorn, get in quick for Friday night.
And Fremantle can't lose on the top 5. Won't be surprised if Fremantle pass on their last two picks and take the extra picks to the rookie draft. Gives them maximum flexibility going in to next years trade and draft period.

The West Coast Board is primed for an apocalyptic meltdown of epic proportions. Coles are having a sale on triple-buttered popcorn, get in quick for Friday night.
Meh, we melt most weeks when teams are selected. Why would it be any different when we draft new players to not pick?

Meh, we melt most weeks when teams are selected. Why would it be any different when we draft new players to not pick?
At least you’re honest. I do love a good WC melt. The Friday after the WB 2016 home final loss with a bottle of wine was a great night listening to the WC callers on 6PR.

To be fair the Freo melts over Fyfe before Black in 2009 are difficult to top.

LDU at 2 and Cerra/Brayshaw at 5 is a great outcome if things pan out that way. Even better if North pull a surprise at 4 with Fog and Freo can mull over which of Brayshaw or Cerra we rate the most.

At least you’re honest. I do love a good WC melt. The Friday after the WB 2016 home final loss with a bottle of wine was a great night listening to the WC callers on 6PR.

To be fair the Freo melts over Fyfe before Black in 2009 are difficult to top.

LDU at 2 and Cerra/Brayshaw at 5 is a great outcome if things pan out that way. Even better if North pull a surprise at 4 with Fog and Freo can mull over which of Brayshaw or Cerra we rate the most.
Melts after that Elim final were well deserved, I think. The effort that night with us rocking up expecting to win a final because it was at home was as bad as it has ever been. But I can see why you enjoyed that night. ;)

At least you got Fyfe out of the deal in the end. Our board wanted black as well, (he wasn't expected to pass you guys, thinking about it now) but the talented Gerrick Weedon just proved too irresistible for our recruiters that year.

:(

I doubt you guys will be unhappy with the draft. It's not inconceivable you could even end up with a Rayner/LDU combo. I would be hoping for LDU & Fogarty, but that is just me.

Twomes sees a real gaping hole in our ruck position because WCE lost Giles and Petrie. Smart move as they will be hard to cover. Will be able to replace Priddis and Mitchell with later picks

Matt Balmer, Brett Anderson, Cal Twomey, everyone has said this is the hardest draft to get a read on. Teams are keeping their cards close to their chest, because they don't have a read on other teams and the players they are looking at. So all the media phantom drafters have gone early this year. (typically Emma Quayle and Twomey used to release their phantom draft the day before, with as much intel as possible, then an updated version on the morning of the draft).

It's not a deep draft and there are going to be points or levels in the draft where teams are not going to have the required talent by position to fill their needs available to them. So they can reach for a player that fills a need or draft the best talent available to them.

West Coast is probably the team worst positioned, as their picks fall just after different talent levels, and they are extremely reliant on teams below them passing on players or those available to them don't fill a need, so they are left with the choice of picking best talent or reaching for need.
Regarding West Coast. From reading info from the those that do the Phantom drafts it seems that from mid teens to late thirties is reasonably even and then drops of after that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might not get the midfielder they want but I would take Allen any day of the week over the mids that will potentially be available there (presuming Stephenson is going earlier than 13 and is questionable if he's a mid at AFL level anyway).

I feel like in 2 years time Brisbane fans will realise this was a mistake. I am not sure, given their recent history, why they are even taking the risk.
I am totally against this selection of Rayner at one. There are just way too many warning signs with this kid. Very early in the year the club has stated mids are our focus, well; Terrible aerobic capacity, club believes he’ll be able to move into the midfield:drunk:, down hill skier IMO, went missing in the 3rd/4th quarter against VicC, kicked a bag against the Allies :rolleyes:, questionable output in school games, wasn’t even the best player at Western Jets (L.Fogarty) and will be back in Vic in 2yrs bookmark it!

Richmond can pass from pick 20 onwards and still win draft night as long as they get Stephenson at 17. The boy is a machine, and I will personally slap any recruiter who lets him slide so far.
id like him at essendon but he wont slide that far.....id like to see him at collingwood....tbh

I wouldn’t as stated before by others, he does not address any of our needs, god knows we don’t need another flanker, not super happy with king at 23 either that would be a crap draft for us

As an impartial observer a fwd mix consisting of Brown, Wood, Simpkin and Fogarty makes for good reading.

I am totally against this selection of Rayner at one. There are just way too many warning signs with this kid. Very early in the year the club has stated mids are our focus, well; Terrible aerobic capacity, club believes he’ll be able to move into the midfield:drunk:, down hill skier IMO, went missing in the 3rd/4th quarter against VicC, kicked a bag against the Allies :rolleyes:, questionable output in school games, wasn’t even the best player at Western Jets (L.Fogarty) and will be back in Vic in 2yrs bookmark it!
He’ll be a gun for you. And if you can start to show some success I reckon he’ll be the one to stay around for the long haul. Brisbane have put a LOT of work in to him and making a decision so they must be pretty confident. Best player of the draft easily. Footy IQ wins more games than endurance does.

Ah. It was only a matter of time before the guy who claims to be "in the know" chimed in.

You know sweet stuff all.

Wishful thinking? The dogs have enough half backs it's probably the most stocked position.

I'd juat rather draft a kid that we knew wanted to go to the dogs and therefore is more likely to stay for the long term. It's not a need it's a want
Guarantee I know a lot more than you do. Your comment was stupid. Because he said he’d like to play for the dogs means he’s gonna leave saints in a few years to go to the dogs. As I said wishful thinking. Most kids would like to play for a different club to where they are drafted but they don’t leave. You’re an idiot

Ah. It was only a matter of time before the guy who claims to be "in the know" chimed in.

You know sweet stuff all.

Wishful thinking? The dogs have enough half backs it's probably the most stocked position.

I'd juat rather draft a kid that we knew wanted to go to the dogs and therefore is more likely to stay for the long term. It's not a need it's a want
Also let’s see just how much I know after Friday night. Guaranteed I have more top 10 picks correct than you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back