2017 Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans looking at Houlahan

Seems about right, Swans seem to love picking up the SA boys and have had a decent amount of success with them recently (pretty early to tell though).
Hayward and Hewett look like guns, Dawson will be good in time I reckon and not convinced on Pink and Rose.

Probably depends on who is also still available at pick 14, he does seem a stretch there.

This draft won't be a normal one at the top because three clubs have two picks in the top 10 so their second pick may not be purely best available, this scenario often dishes up sliders more than a draft where the first ten picks are owned by ten clubs.

When's the last time that happened?

When's the last time that happened?
The 2008 trade period didn't have a first round pick moved so all 16 clubs went in with their first pick as given after the Grand Final.
The first 12 picks in 2007 were all individual clubs with no repeats

8 clubs in the top ten is the best we've gotten since

I don't know why. The guy couldn't make it on an AFL list after how many years.

The tall and initially lanky sorts can be like that though. I know Liam Jones had showed a bit more of his talent at the top level with the Dogs in comparison, but he's a reasonable example of what can happen once a critical mass of experience and clear expectations combine. Elton did seem to at least be starting to make some strides towards being a competent AFL footballer so I can see why clubs might think he's worth giving a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Coffield? I'd be stoked if you took Murphy

I know we are keen on Murphy whether we use 6 on him is the question, and he wont last until our next pick 39. The club likes his ability to play forward or back, very good overhead, excellent below his knees for his size and uses the ball very well.
In my opinion he could be this years bolter at 6, if Brayshaw and Cerra our gone. lf Brayshaw, in particular is still there at 6, the Pies will take him. Coffield l dont believe we have an interest.

I know we are keen on Murphy whether we use 6 on him is the question, and he wont last until our next pick 39. The club likes his ability to play forward or back, very good overhead, excellent below his knees for his size and uses the ball very well.
In my opinion he could be this years bolter at 6, if Brayshaw and Cerra our gone. lf Brayshaw, in particular is still there at 6, the Pies will take him. Coffield l dont believe we have an interest.

Source or gut feel? I've seen Coffield linked with you guys a few times, all on here I think.

I was Coffield’s first big fan on the Collingwood board and feel I got a bit of a rush going but personally I’ve gone cold on him. He doesn’t have the defensive mindset I thought he did and I’m not totally convinced he’ll be a gun midfielder.

I’d prefer a number of types before him, including Brayshaw who Pies supporters aren’t too keen on. He’s not as silky or quick as Coffield but he’s way better defensively and he creates attack more which I like, specifically the defensive work. Collingwood’s midfield is pretty one-way a lot of the time so adding a Brayshaw type wouldn’t be the worst thing ever but he’s not my favourite either.

Favourite: Aaron Naughton for needs and because I think he’ll be a ripper anyway. Seems very professional and has a love for the club that should see him put everything into his footy.

2nd fav is Darcy Fogarty for his versatility and creativity. Chuck him in either 50 and he makes a world of difference.

3rd fav is Stephenson who doesn’t have the defensive game that I like but his firepower and smarts are just so good. A great forward marking target who is splendid in midfield and is (in my opinion) the biggest game changer of the draft, should be wanted by every club in the league.

4th is Brayshaw, 5th is Coffield. I’m convinced Cerra at latest will go to Freo at 5 hence why I’m not including him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Source or gut feel? I've seen Coffield linked with you guys a few times, all on here I think.

A bit of both, knowledge that we are keen on Murphy, but just a gut feel that we will take him with 6. In saying that l think Freo will take Brayshaw with pick 2, so this could still leave us Cerra or Dow as possible options. I think Freo will take Naughton with pick 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back