2017 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The one player I've liked throughout the year is Hunter Clark, particularly his hardness and overall attitude on the field. I have no idea where he is projected to go, but he is one I'd really like at the Lions.

Seems like a contested footy beast, but his kicking looks a little iffy - very lofted delivery.

Just hope A. Bonar will be there..... seriously impressed with this Fyfe like dude
Great physical specimen who hasn't quite produced on the field. Shown fleeting glimpses of talent. Believe low teens is probably to high. If we kept all four early picks, and no one bids on Ballenden before hand, I'd consider using pick 20 on Bonar.

Great physical specimen who hasn't quite produced on the field. Shown fleeting glimpses of talent. Believe low teens is probably to high. If we kept all four early picks, and no one bids on Ballenden before hand, I'd consider using pick 20 on Bonar.
I think having seen the All-star game .....no club will allow A.Bonar get past 10.

His knee not being fixed up properly and needing a second surgery probably what held him back from being able to to produce on the field. Don't think he was fit to play before July and only played a handful of TAC cup games but among the best in two. The progress he made on field in a few months after almost two years without footy and then those combine results have to mean he moves up the rankings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His knee not being fixed up properly and needing a second surgery probably what held him back from being able to to produce on the field. Don't think he was fit to play before July and only played a handful of TAC cup games but among the best in two. The progress he made on field in a few months after almost two years without footy and then those combine results have to mean he moves up the rankings.
His endurance testing was pretty bad according to someone on the St Kilda board, so that could kill the hype a bit.

His endurance testing was pretty bad according to someone on the St Kilda board, so that could kill the hype a bit.

Maybe, but probably to be expected after missing so much footy. Unlikely he's had a chance to build a decent base. After an AFL pre-season and a year or so on ball in the NEAFL you'd think he'd start to look much better in that regard. Reputedly an extremely hard worker off-field with a very professional approach.

One kid I know who is very highly rated amongst a couple of recruiters and isn't attracting much coverage is Tom de Koning.

What are your general thoughts briztoon not necessarily for us?

He'd be a good back up option if someone bids too high on Ballenden. His 9 goal haul in the TAC Cup last year as an underager was special. Hasn't progressed a lot since last year for mine and was a bit disappointing at the Champs.

Does have potential though and he's probably one of the few KPP's I actually rate somewhat in this draft.

Twomey has been saying Bonar would be around late teens to 20s. Lots of question marks given injuries, etc.

Only takes one club to rate him and apparently the saints do. If they exit trade period with their picks in tact wouldn’t be surprised with a solid expected pick and a speculative one (Bonar). There’s always a late bolter for the draft and feel like Bonar is the one this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back