2017 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL.com.au have issued a new fan survey. Plenty of ridiculous pointless questions (who is the best coach? what team has surprised you this season?), but one very interesting question for its inclusion in the survey:
upload_2017-5-25_11-26-24.png
Should the Brisbane Lions be awarded a Priority Draft Pick?

Excellent.

AFL.com.au have issued a new fan survey. Plenty of ridiculous pointless questions (who is the best coach? what team has surprised you this season?), but one very interesting question for its inclusion in the survey:
View attachment 374238

Excellent.

Eddie McGuire has a team of people voting no repeatedly

View attachment 374238

Excellent.
Wow

Eddie McGuire has a team of people voting no repeatedly
Probably. And among non-Lions supporters, you'd imagine it'd be 80-20 against... But this is the AFL - they don't give a damn about what fans think... They only care about how much effort they'll put into selling what they've already decided. Posing the question is a clear way of raising the conversation. Watch for a couple of articles with throwaway lines mentioning priority picks to follow over the next month or two.

Probably. And among non-Lions supporters, you'd imagine it'd be 80-20 against... But this is the AFL - they don't give a damn about what fans think... They only care about how much effort they'll put into selling what they've already decided. Posing the question is a clear way of raising the conversation. Watch for a couple of articles with throwaway lines mentioning priority picks to follow over the next month or two.

Should've asked; when should a team be awarded a priority pick? and then given scenarios including; 3 bottom 2 finishes, several first round draft picks leaving, etc.

View attachment 374238

Excellent.

Rather telling isn't it? Schache hasn't even left yet!

I would think it's unrelated to Schache, and more related to the fact that apart from the first half of round 1, we haven't played at an AFL level all season. Poor recent seasons, lack of talent on the list, lack of competitiveness. They can only turn a blind eye for so long.
Pretty sure l remember McLaughin saying we had talent on the list and was one fo the reasons why we didn't get a higher pick or something like that. May of been for previous years tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 374238

Excellent.

Can you link the survey please? Much love

View attachment 374238

Excellent.
Right, see you all in a week. If you need to find me, I'll be on AFL dot com working on my RSI.

Right, see you all in a week. If you need to find me, I'll be on AFL dot com working on my RSI.

Calling myself a feral Collingwood fan who wants to award a PP to Brisbane and show general muppetness while answering the remaining 49 questions is bloody hard.

And on a brighter note...

This draft is really being talked down. Shallow in every sense. Shallow top tier, shallow over all depth, recent comment from Brett Anderson, goes about 30 deep, then really falls away. And further discussion, the 15 to 30 group is full of players that show an AFL ability or trait but need a lot of work still. Even some of the guys pushing top 15 are there purely on potential.

Ballenden still being rated top 10, almost purely on potential.

There was a discussion that Port are looking really smart for trading their 2017 first round pick and drafting SPP.

Vic Country top end talent looking really thin and not good from a Lions perspective.

If we do not get a top 5 pick for Schache, we'll really be losing out.

Some saying best KPF in the draft might be Will Sutherland, son of Cricket Australia boss. Should play for Vic Metro in champs. Big tug or war for him between AFL and Cricket Australia, and AFL is likely second choice.

Some saying best KPF in the draft might be Will Sutherland, son of Cricket Australia boss. Should play for Vic Metro in champs. Big tug or war for him between AFL and Cricket Australia, and AFL is likely second choice.
Be good if Sutherland does enter the dradt (unlikely) and if the other KPF from VIC is it brander are highly sought after. We could do something with our picks & maybe secure an extra one.

Still like fogarty. He is from country SA so fits in with our recent strategy targeting VIC country.

Either way with our min 3 in the top 20 picks we will get some good players in. Might be harder for the top clubs who might only get 1 swing at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back