List Mgmt. 2017 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

if we keep our picks, i like the look of allen. not a true key position size at 191 cm, but the way the game seems to be going with speed and pressure, maybe that's even in his favour.

can take a catch, and seems like a smart and skillful player who works hard. would be another larke medallist for us too if we took him, along with the fridge

Can't see either Brander or Hayes falling to us at #15. Steal if they did. Both likely/potentially top #10.

Talent in this draft drops away dramatically after the Top 10-15. Going off what Dan Richardson said, we'll definitely be taking one or two KPPs with our 1sts.

The talls likely going in the 1st and early 2nd rd are;

Brander 194cm KPP - Top 10
Hayes 200cm RUC/FWD - Top 10
Naughton 194cm KPD - Top 15
Allen - 191cm FWD - Top 20
Ballenden 200cm KPF/RUC (Lions Academy)
Balta 194cm KPP - Top 20
Crossley 198cm RUC (GC Academy)
Clavarino 195cm KPD - Top 30
Coleman-Jones 201cm RUC - Top 30

So I'm not 100% sure who they'd be looking at. I'd imagine Balta/Allen would be on the radar. Balta can play either end, whereas Allen is a smaller, more mobile forward, as opposed to a KPP.

I'll bet a chocolate bar that Hayes & Brander fall outside the top 10.

Hi Bishop,

Is there any chance there’ll be more demand in 1st round for midfielders and small forwards given our success?

And possibly bigger kids dropping down the order ??? Or am I dreaming?

There seems to be a number of bolsters such as Brayshaw and others...

Just think the talls haven't come on as people had hoped. Will be a big midfielders draft, elite talls are next year (not this year).

I'll fold and go one Brander Top 10, one Hayes Top 15.

Say Hayes/Balta are available at Richmond's pick - Who're they taking? (Based on Dan Richo's comments about taking KPPs with both 1sts)

Just think the talls haven't come on as people had hoped. Will be a big midfielders draft, elite talls are next year (not this year).

Freo keen on Hayes at 5. A reach but they have been known to take reaches on big men.

I'll fold and go one Brander Top 10, one Hayes Top 15.

Say Hayes/Balta are available at Richmond's pick - Who're they taking? (Based on Dan Richo's comments about taking KPPs with both 1sts)

Hayes.

Freo keen on Hayes at 5. A reach but they have been known to take reaches on big men.

Freo won't take him at 5. Especially guys who can't run - Hayes came 2nd last in the time trial running it in about 8 minutes on Friday.

Hayes.

Freo won't take him at 5. Especially guys who can't run - Hayes came 2nd last in the time trial running it in about 8 minutes on Friday.

Why would we want him if he can't run? That's been something weve really focused on in most drafts since 2010 (excluding Lennon)

Watching the draft combine wrap Bonar is a big unit and explosive, Bonar, Bolton, Rioli and the occasional cameo from Dusty, that'd be one hell of a forwardline. Highlights package each week would be special.
Other kid that looked really good in the u18 game before the GF was lochie OBREIN, lethal kick, and ran one of the best times in the 2km trial. Perfect fit for running HB role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not convinced on Hayes and even less so on Allen. Allens kicking from what I have seen is shithouse and his 2.3 on gf day is evidence there, apparently missed a couple of sitters.
He's undersized too. But of a 'tweener.

Wary of Hayes. Haven't we just shown the game has moved past the dinosaur types? Don't want to risk another Vickery. Oscar Allen doesn't look athletic enough to me for his size- perhaps another Ben Lennon? Just don't think there is a kpf for us in this draft. Grab a hpb or another mid and hang out for Tom lynch next year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

So should we wait?

Watching the draft combine wrap Bonar is a big unit and explosive, Bonar, Bolton, Rioli and the occasional cameo from Dusty, that'd be one hell of a forwardline. Highlights package each week would be special.
Other kid that looked really good in the u18 game before the GF was lochie OBREIN, lethal kick, and ran one of the best times in the 2km trial. Perfect fit for running HB role.
O'Brien has been injured on and off for much of the year. Ran a 6.06 (6 seconds faster than his trial time) as a 16 year old last preseason. Also Vic. 400m record holder, kid can run.... and the best kick of a footy I've seen. Doubt he'll fall to us, too many AFL traits.

O'Brien has been injured on and off for much of the year. Ran a 6.06 (6 seconds faster than his trial time) as a 16 year old last preseason. Also Vic. 400m record holder, kid can run.... and the best kick of a footy I've seen. Doubt he'll fall to us, too many AFL traits.
He's probably not the type of player we are chasing, with guys like menadue, markov and short in the wings, but he was bloody impressive, genuine 80 meter player.

Sounding like most of the Board are wanting a BB double here

Balta & Bonar

Will fit in nicely with Butler, Broad and Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back