List Mgmt. 2017 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So Bishop , appreciate your insight.....

With discussions yesterday about a possible 10 + 27 trade for 15 + 17 with Melbourne..... which set of picks would you prefer?

If we are after a particular tall, 10 would pretty much allow us to get him and 27 can be used on Naish?

Or.... do you believe we have real (hopeful) targets at 15 + 17 that we can quite possibly select?

Interested to hear which of the 2 sets of picks you would prefer, if you had them.....

15+17 - Naish won't get a bid before 15.

Ballard:
20m 3.05s
Agility 8.46s
Yo Yo 20.8
2km 6min 40s

Naughton:
20m 3.09s
Agility 8.22s
Yo Yo 21.8
2km DNT

Impressive given their height/position. What are your thoughts on Ballard? I really like his upside albeit don't know what position he will develop into and think he is a long shot.

Impressive given their height/position. What are your thoughts on Ballard? I really like his upside albeit don't know what position he will develop into and think he is a long shot.

I really like him. Know from speaking to a few clubs a few weeks back they were unsure where he plays. Played KPF/KPD for school, then been a wingman for SA in the U18 champs & in the SANFL season. Will fall in the 2nd round I reckon.

I really like him. Know from speaking to a few clubs a few weeks back they were unsure where he plays. Played KPF/KPD for school, then been a wingman for SA in the U18 champs & in the SANFL season. Will fall in the 2nd round I reckon.

wingman or swingman? I like Balta for the same reason, both of those would offer flexibility and confusion to oppo teams that will be our tweak for next year

Who do you think we take if we do the swap with Melbourne Bishop

I believe he already covered this and said we may turn our attention to Bonar at 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingman or swingman? I like Balta for the same reason, both of those would offer flexibility and confusion to oppo teams that will be our tweak for next year

Ballard wingman, Balta I reckon develops into CHB. His coach thinks he could be a Patty Cripps inside mid type - but I'm not so sure.

I believe he already covered this and said we may turn our attention to Bonar at 10.

I'm happy with that kids flying up draft boards. Praying his injuries are behind him.

Ballard wingman, Balta I reckon develops into CHB. His coach thinks he could be a Patty Cripps inside mid type - but I'm not so sure.

I really liked Tomlinson's game in the prelim as a winger, cut us up with his run/overlap/marking and defensive pressure. I reckon those players that can hurt you offensively and provide run the opposite way as well as good marks are very rare. Add those boys to our list and look out

The reason I asked for his combine results is I see a little bit of Patricks Cripps in him, which those results show that athletically he wouldn't be out of place in midfield. You wouldn't think either player is 194cm due to the way they move and ability to take ground balls cleanly.

Do you know if Ballard has been tried as an inside mid or played on ball at any stage throughout his juniors.

Sorry for all the questions.

The reason I asked for his combine results is I see a little bit of Patricks Cripps in him, which those results show that athletically he wouldn't be out of place in midfield. You wouldn't think either player is 194cm due to the way they move and ability to take ground balls cleanly.

Do you know if Ballard has been tried as an inside mid or played on ball at any stage throughout his juniors.

Sorry for all the questions.

He was originally a midfield - but has grown like 20cm in 2 years or something from what I'm told. Hence why he moves well for a 195cm player and players on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to predict at the moment - can't even say with certainty whether Lions take LDU or Dow at Pick 1!

Maybe
15 - Brander
23 - O'Brien
28 - Ballard
do you have a link to any of your write ups on those players mate?

Hard to predict at the moment - can't even say with certainty whether Lions take LDU or Dow at Pick 1!

Maybe
15 - Brander
23 - O'Brien
28 - Ballard
You think Brander can fall to 15 and O'Brien to 23! That's wishful thinking.
Also why would we downgrade from 16 to 23 and not use 23/28 on Naish. That would be a nice gift for Essendon.

do you have a link to any of your write ups on those players mate?

Will throw them up on my draft thread on the Drafts/Trading page. Link is in my signature. Give me a few days - busy time of year.

You think Brander can fall to 15 and O'Brien to 23! That's wishful thinking.
Also why would we downgrade from 16 to 23 and not use 23/28 on Naish. That would be a nice gift for Essendon.

O'Brien will fall in the 20s - possibly closer to 30 than 20. Brander better than 50/50 chance to be there at 15.

We wouldn't downgrade from 16 to 23, because Naish probably cops a bid at 20 ish -- would be silly

Will throw them up on my draft thread on the Drafts/Trading page. Link is in my signature. Give me a few days - busy time of year.

O'Brien will fall in the 20s - possibly closer to 30 than 20. Brander better than 50/50 chance to be there at 15.

We wouldn't downgrade from 16 to 23, because Naish probably cops a bid at 20 ish -- would be silly
Little curious why you think O'Brien will fall so far. I know he hasn't played alot of footy this year, in fact Brander also has missed a lot of footy, more last year than this, but both have very strong athletic traits. O'Brien in particular has a solid game overall, but his leg and running ability are about the best in the draft I'd have thought. That is a big fall for someone with such attributes.

Little curious why you think O'Brien will fall so far. I know he hasn't played alot of footy this year, in fact Brander also has missed a lot of footy, more last year than this, but both have very strong athletic traits. O'Brien in particular has a solid game overall, but his leg and running ability are about the best in the draft I'd have thought. That is a big fall for someone with such attributes.

Big issue is O'Brien that he is "very" outside. Doesn't win a lot of his own ball and has some of the lowest CP% in the U18 Competition throughout 2017. Has had an average year at best. Fair few outside mids/HBFs likely to fall in the 15-35 bracket.

It's not that I "think" he will fall so far, I know he'll be a 2nd round +.

With Lukosius coming through next year and will likely go top 10, I think we need to start thinking about trading into next years top 10 somehow.
I’ve seen a little bit of Lukosius and is a bit of a workhorse and at 194cm would suit our need for a fwd/ruck option.
I understand we need a tall now, but geez, there’s some quality coming out of Adelaide next year.

Big issue is O'Brien that he is "very" outside. Doesn't win a lot of his own ball and has some of the lowest CP% in the U18 Competition throughout 2017. Has had an average year at best. Fair few outside mids/HBFs likely to fall in the 15-35 bracket.

It's not that I "think" he will fall so far, I know he'll be a 2nd round +.
Being a Mildura lad and playing with and against my son, I've seen a lot of O'Brien. I reckon he's not as outside as the perception. I've seen him play tough when need be and put his head over the ball against men (last season played a couple of games for Sth.Mildura). But his strength is outside obviously, his run and carry. He is nothing like the videos I've seen of Naish who does seem very outside, for one thing he is bigger. Scully was an outside mid that ran and ran when drafted, I see Lachie more like that, but his kicking alone is worth having in the side.
Also has only played a few TAC cup games this year due to injury and school footy, so his form was not great. I imagine he would just run and do what he liked in school footy (bit of a bias against that comp. compared to TAC cup).

Why is Brander so low?

Just where he's expected to go. Hasn't exactly starred this year.

With Lukosius coming through next year and will likely go top 10, I think we need to start thinking about trading into next years top 10 somehow.
I’ve seen a little bit of Lukosius and is a bit of a workhorse and at 194cm would suit our need for a fwd/ruck option.
I understand we need a tall now, but geez, there’s some quality coming out of Adelaide next year.

Lukosius is the no.1 pick for 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back