Opinion 2017 Draft Time Capsule (Closed) - 2018 Draft Time Capsule (Open)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Inspired by a post from HARKER :thumbsu:

With all the mock drafts doing the rounds, how about we try something different. Pick 5 players that you believe will be considered top 10 in years to come. With your 5th pick, try and select a smokey as such, someone that is not considered a 1st rounder at this stage.

I will kick it off with the following

• Dow
  • Cerra
  • Fogarty
  • Constable (Considering how people see him, should just select him as a smokey)
  • Smokey - Roughsedge

Rayner :p:p:p
LDU
Dow
Bonar
D. Fogarty

....Supplementary number: A. Cerra.

Smokey: Jaidyn Stephenson to overcome insurmountable odds :)

Last edited:

Rayner :p:p:p
LDU
Dow
Bonar
D. Fogarty

....Supplementary number: A. Cerra.

Where is your non first rounder?

For me:

LDU
Dow
Cerra
D Fogarty
Balta

Rayner
LDU
Dow
Cerra

Just playing the probabilities with the above...

Ballenden, no particular reason, just have an image in my head of him kicking the football really well at the combine.

It makes it a little easier if one knew where the guys would be playing as some clubs just don't develop as good as others.
The other thing is the opportunity they'd be given. i.e Someone like Lang floundered for lack of opportunity, amongst other things.

Dow - That extra speed should serve him well.
Brayshaw - Not the best player maybe, but one of the most reliable, which isn't a bad thing.
Cerra - Classy and feel he has the right mindset for the AFL.
Clark/Coffield/Higgins.........Going to go with Clark for similar reasons to Brayshaw.

Smokey: Houlahan, as I think he'll appeal and may have a point of difference, allowing early opportunity.

Bust: LDU - Probably be the best player now, but something tells me he'll get spooked by the bright lights.

EDIT: May change my picks after the draft and have the 3 players Carlton select, in here. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's not in the criteria but I am of the strong belief that Dow will be much better than Cerra.

I want this in the capsule.

I know it's not in the criteria but I am of the strong belief that Dow will be much better than Cerra.

I want this in the capsule.

I think Cerra is a lot harder than for what presents on 3 minute video clips, although there's something that just gives me a hint of a worry.

Can't even substantiate why, but I feel Dow will go harder for longer. We'll see in....1....2....3....years time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back