List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster on our board who pretty much always gets good mail says you guys are into Johanissen in a big way, was probably a month ago or so he mentioned it. At this stage your offer and our offer are a long way apart so he's apparently leaning towards you guys at the moment. The lure of coming home and getting more money to do it might be too hard to resist.
Cannot see why we would overpay for him, but if he wanted to come home of course there would be interest. Well er and Crozier are doing ok and we have other options. Bulldogs may be in a situation where they want to underpay him due to Boyd and cap issues, but I wouldn't hold out hopes of a big trade deal if I was you.

A poster on our board who pretty much always gets good mail says you guys are into Johanissen in a big way, was probably a month ago or so he mentioned it. At this stage your offer and our offer are a long way apart so he's apparently leaning towards you guys at the moment. The lure of coming home and getting more money to do it might be too hard to resist.

I would be sure that we are keeping tabs on him and who wouldn't want a line breaker like Johanissen on their list. Is his kicking often as poor as it was in the GF?

Think the Bullies would have every right to feel peeved if we are chasing another one of your defenders and unfortunately it would appear that the "value" of this type of player is probably going to fluctuate wildly between our two camps!!

I would be sure that we are keeping tabs on him and who wouldn't want a line breaker like Johanissen on their list. Is his kicking often as poor as it was in the GF?

Think the Bullies would have every right to feel peeved if we are chasing another one of your defenders and unfortunately it would appear that the "value" of this type of player is probably going to fluctuate wildly between our two camps!!

Johaniessen is a good long penetrating kick. He is exactly what we need at HB.

They won't pass on a quality young KPP with excellent marking ability who just so happens to be a younger brother of one of their best players. They would love to have 2 x McGoverns on their list.
You are probably right, but at what price? Has potential but is he capable of building a forward line around?
Without Kennedy, they are all similar height, even Allen is the same.
Can the older brother play forward?
Prefer how we went about fixing holes in the list, and we basically owned the off season.

You are probably right, but at what price? Has potential but is he capable of building a forward line around?
Without Kennedy, they are all similar height, even Allen is the same.
Can the older brother play forward?
Prefer how we went about fixing holes in the list, and we basically owned the off season.
I understand your point 100% but i just think if A young player as good as Mcgovern wants to play for you, you make it happen. However I agree and think they should be trying to improve their weak ass midfield instead of trying to load up on KPP's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand your point 100% but i just think if A young player as good as Mcgovern wants to play for you, you make it happen. However I agree and think they should be trying to improve their weak ass midfield instead of trying to load up on KPP's.

In any case, I will play McGovern in front of Darling any day of the week

Martin to re-sign with GC. It would have been tough to get him with Ablett set to leave at the end of the year. They have heaps of $$$ to throw at their players.

What are peoples thought on Mitch McGovern? What would we need to offer to get him over?

McCarthy - McGovern - Bennell
Walters - Apeness - Kersten
Mitch is great but i think it'd be a hard to fit 3 players who are between 191 and 192 cm in the same forward line

Personally I don't want too many big name off season trades. McGovern would be great but is he really going to offer us anything more that McCarthy will in time? We need a spearhead not another third tall type. Surely he wouldn't move to Freo when his brother plays down the road either.

All I want is a competent ruck to replace Sandilands in the 22. If we rate Darcy enough he doesn't have to cost much but my confidence in Griffin and Clarke is at an all time low.

I think we're in for a very large turnover again, possibly bigger than last year but I see elite talent (along with the ruck) as our biggest weakness in this rebuild going forward. Best way of bringing in elite talent is first round picks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any chance of freo getting free agent chopstick ?

Any chance of freo getting free agent chopstick ?
upload_2017-3-6_18-5-39.png

Well he is good mates with Bennell. ;)

Fwd Line
Bennell - McCarthy - Dusty
Walters - Apeness - Langdon

Being fed by
Sandi - Fyfe - Neale
Hill - Mundy - Hill

We could dream. :eek:

Interesting question though, we were into Hogan which would have cost big dollars and I would assume the plan would have included Fyfe's larger contract.... so where did the Hogan money go? McCarthy would have been super cheap. Hill with his personal dramas and 'only want to play with my brother' would have also come at a discount. Can't imagine Kersten and Hamling on huge contracts.

I have a feeling RTB will play ibbo, ballz and susan purely to lift the exchange rate for them. If we can do a mayne = Bhill with all 3 we will be smilier than a cheshire cat. I would think JJ is firmly in our sights. Our other massive need is a true FF. Throw some money at Josh Schache or Mcgovern???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back