2017 Dreamteam and Supercoach questions thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey enemy, how's it going? Zach Guthrie. Yay or nah for round 1?

Its a bit like Hodgey being late for training.

Everyone wants him to be there, but after 15 years in the game he decided .... yeah screw this, im gonna blow it off. (Besides Sammy and Jordo aren't trhere anymore and he's got no one to sit and have lunch with ) and Im good enough to not need to turn up.

Zuthrie will have the same result in Rd1.

He's probably good enough to get there but more than likely wont make it.

GO Catters

Its a bit like Hodgey being late for training.

Everyone wants him to be there, but after 15 years in the game he decided .... yeah screw this, im gonna blow it off. (Besides Sammy and Jordo aren't trhere anymore and he's got no one to sit and have lunch with ) and Im good enough to not need to turn up.

Zuthrie will have the same result in Rd1.

He's probably good enough to get there but more than likely wont make it.

GO Catters
IMG_2411.PNG

I see you have picked Black in an earlier form of you SC team.
Will be interesting to see him play in the last game.

Do you cats people have any last thoughts on his ability to cement himself in the best 22?

THanks and good luck!!

He played in the VFL practice match yesterday, and won't play in JLT3. So that's a pretty good indication.

He played in the VFL practice match yesterday, and won't play in JLT3. So that's a pretty good indication.
Could Parfitt get a run round 1 & onwards?

Seems like a Matthew Stokes type & well built already

Named for his 3rd JLT game today so first see if he ends up playing, and if he does I'd say he's definitely in our round 1 plans, just as a small forward though can't really see any mid time for him, but at $117K hope he plays & plays well today!

Thoughts on Zach Touhy? will he receive alot of handballs to allow him to rebound?

In other words, will he play the Enright role or the role he played at Carlton which is more defensive based?

Thanks

Through the JLT they have used him largely in a freewheeling offensive role as we have some good marking defensive players but we need more drive. Expect lots of handball receives and effective kicks from Tuohy-should score well.

Is Tom Stewart in line for a debut round 1?

Card seem to be falling his way, looks like we will play Taylor up forward at least for the first few weeks and Kolodashnij has been out injured for the whole JLT and is a fair way back fitness wise. This means Stewart has to play as the 3rd tall back (we have played 3 KPDs every year since 2006ish). I am not sure he will play 18 games like Ruggles as we have better defensive depth than last year but he should play up til the first bye and make enough money to be upgradeable.

I see you have picked Black in an earlier form of you SC team.
Will be interesting to see him play in the last game.

Do you cats people have any last thoughts on his ability to cement himself in the best 22?

THanks and good luck!!

I doubt he will play round 1 given he played vfl yesterday. I think they will preference Stanley over him against teams that have strong rucks (e.g. Freo with Sandilands). He may play games if Taylor forward doesnt work out and Taylor then goes back but expect them to give that at least a month to try. He is more a downgrade target later.

He has been good and looks reasonably afl ready although we have a lot of competition for the spot Caddy vacated, they really rate both Cockatoo and Lang and both are fighting for that spot with him so he is risky.

Hi all,

Just a quick one regarding George Horlin-Smith. Do you guys think he'll play round 1?

Going off his JLT form the last couple of games it seems as though he's upped his game and could lock down a starting 22 spot.

Hard pressed to leave him out now I reckon.

av of 20 plus touches .

Go Catters

Hi all,

Just a quick one regarding George Horlin-Smith. Do you guys think he'll play round 1?

Going off his JLT form the last couple of games it seems as though he's upped his game and could lock down a starting 22 spot.

Lock for round one for mine, especially with Scott Selwood injured. Get him in.

With Tuohy and Thurlow being the only 2 half-backs with good rebounding abilities.

Surely 50-70% of the cheap pill goes to Tuohy and that he doesn't have to play a defensive role often?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have SC league if any Cats fans want to join - Public League (423997). None of my mates can be bothered joining, so open for Cats fans also.

With Tuohy and Thurlow being the only 2 half-backs with good rebounding abilities.

Surely 50-70% of the cheap pill goes to Tuohy and that he doesn't have to play a defensive role often?

I think it will be quite the opposite with Mackie playing the cheap possessions (sea gull) role this season.
Apart from Guthrie, we really don't have a quality small defender and Ruggles and Bews are still a work in progress.

Yep. At his price (420k) Tuohy is very tempting. Should get lots of touches this season giving the team some drive off half back.

I have SC league if any Cats fans want to join - Public League (423997). None of my mates can be bothered joining, so open for Cats fans also.
joined thanks

Go Catters

Mackie has been in good preseason form in the role too.

Lock for round one for mine, especially with Scott Selwood injured. Get him in.

It looks extremely close to me line ball call we are last game too so work out what your side looks like with him in and out before squads are finalized on the friday. I'm positive he will get named in squad but very close in the 22
I would have him under 50% chance

The best thing Z.Tuohy does is play consecutive games. Yet to be seen if the change of clubs can lift his scoring enough to be anything more than a mid range battler S.C wise. JLT form can be very mis leading at times I put nankervis in the same boat take with extreme caution be willing to trade if it fails

I'm probably not playing any fantasy games this year, but if I was going to, I would be seriously considering Tuohy. He was basically playing third-fiddle as a rebounding half-back at Carlton, but with Enright gone, he should be Geelong's primary ball mover in the back half so I would expect he'd be a good chance to significantly increase his average at Geelong.

B. T.Stewart T.Lonergan A.Mackie
HB. Z.Tuohy L.Henderson J.Thurlow
C. N.Cockatoo J.Selwood C.Guthrie
HF.M.Blicavs H.Taylor. L.McCarthy
F.D.Menzel. T.Hawkins. S.Motlop
Foll. R.Stanley P.Dangerfield. M.Duncan

Inter.
B.Parfitt, GHS, Z.Smith, D.Lang, J.Cowan,
S.Menegola, T.Ruggles, J.Murdoch

J.Bews, ( out )
S.Selwood ( no idea injury)
Black ( out )

I have no idea which way selectors will go I am assuming v sandilands and griffin we pick both rucks. What happens with Stewart, parfitt, lang no idea they all looked very close to in.

Just saying GHS deserves to be in but the list is long do we disgard menegola hopefully Cowan is out. Ruggles has to be close 3 bench spots with Smith backup ruck extremely close.

I'm probably not playing any fantasy games this year, but if I was going to, I would be seriously considering Tuohy. He was basically playing third-fiddle as a rebounding half-back at Carlton, but with Enright gone, he should be Geelong's primary ball mover in the back half so I would expect he'd be a good chance to significantly increase his average at Geelong.

Huge risk and possibly big reward if he can lift his average to 90 which I have doubts on. Will he end top 6 defender highly unlikely ? If he is no.1 running defender how will he adjust to a lot more defensive pressure not running around by himself in jlt.

22 games all 4 years which is extremely impressive durability which also adds to his value as most guys don't play 22 a season. So the accumulation is better.
But at 420k if he hits last years average he basically doesn't generate cash and you would most likely be losing money as I rookie could possibly average 60 and make 150k pushing to 90 would likely have him in the top 10-15.

You would need to really like him as you only have a chance to take 1-2 of mid price guys in the 40mid 400k bracket.
J.Lloyd looks much better placed with improvement value as well.

He did finish of 2016 very well so cause for optimism.

2013 avg ( 64)
2014 avg (60)
2015 avg (79)
2016 avg ( 81)

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. However this does not seem to be consistent with a few posters above, who stated that Geelong is fine off half-back with Mackie in good form and thurlow, meaning Tuohy may play a role that's closer to what he played at Carlton. Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back