2017 Eliminator

Remove this Banner Ad

We've all been unsacked hooray

It's back! I'm versing 'Pendo' this week who only scored 1368 last round but is ranked 492nd overall. They have a good team but it is still a few upgrades away from being complete with players like Barrett/SPP, Otten, Marchbank, Roughy in their starting lineup. My team is complete and therefore should be about 50 points better on average. They also have both Nank and Scooter while I just have Scooter. I'm confident, but not cocky! Often it is matchups that I think I have won that have eliminated me in the past so anything can happen! I'm just glad it is back

Vsing "Off the Bench" this week

Me vs Him:

Laird - Tuohy
Simpson - Marchbank
Lloyd - Mills

Rockliff - Merrett
Beams - Murphy
Kennedy - Gaff
Sloane - Treloar
Hall - Heppell
Barrett - Powell-Pepper

Sandilands - Witts

Macrae - Steele
Greene - Walters

Feeling confident I can beat him

Playing Goodfella, ranked 85.
Probably just have them covered before trades, hopefully they don't have a huge war chest.

I'm playing a team called Mark It Zero who are ranked just outside the top 1000.

I've got them covered comfortably pre-trades, so hopefully that continues once lockout happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been paying any attention to the match-ups but I'm still in it this year. I usually get eliminated within the first three rounds.
Winning DT is your priority

But yeah, I tried to win eliminator last year as it was the first time I went deep in it, went to R19 (round of 32) but was knocked out because Stef was out and had no trades/coverage left as I focused on completing my team early so it'd give me the best chance of winning the post-bye roundd., but yeah, injury was always going to hurt.

If I get through this week then great, but not fussed if I get KOd, just not worth it in the long run, particularly now with the eliminator prize money being **** all now. I'm simply trying to get a good side together to finish strong in the last 7-8 weeks, right now I'm fielding Barrett at M8 then will upgrade him next week or week after if he scores well again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost by 19, not happy Jan

Won by a point. Roberton's kick a second before the siren sent my from a two point shattering loss to a one point win. When I took that bounce, I thought it was the end of the Mozzie Bites for 2017.

Out 2332 - 2313
Was a tad overconfident it seems.

Vsing "Off the Bench" this week

Me vs Him:

Laird - Tuohy
Simpson - Marchbank
Lloyd - Mills

Rockliff - Merrett
Beams - Murphy
Kennedy - Gaff
Sloane - Treloar
Hall - Heppell
Barrett - Powell-Pepper

Sandilands - Witts

Macrae - Steele
Greene - Walters

Feeling confident I can beat him

Well, serves me right

Sandilands and Hall out meant I had to start Stewart and Greenwood ... so one of those things was OK

But ultimately, Barrett (39), Stewart (49) and Beams (5) cost me. Went down 2218 - 2325

Remove this Banner Ad

Back