Fantasy 2017 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

At the same time tho....dont want owners using the waiver wire to grab tons of rookies and stashing them there, not letting other people have a chance at grabbing some during the season, if the Taxi number is too high.

I think 9 is ok as is, because generally, if a team has horded picks, say they have 12, draft 12 rookies obviously, usually that means their active roster of 36 total allowed has been stripped a little bare with trade-outs and released old players, so they can leave 9 in TAXI and promote 6 to the active roster given they probably have say only 30 total active roster after those trade-outs and released players.

Do you all want me to change it to....

IR - 15 (only IR and suspended designations allowed there, as is currently)
TAXI - 15 (only rookies allowed there, as is currently).

There isn't a lot of players IR'd in a year, so whether that's 5 or 50 it wouldn't matter to up IR to say 15.

Taxi there is a good reason to up it given some people may horde picks, and/or pick up a number of rookies off the waiver wire during the season.

Just let me know if you're ok with upping both or not, and what number you reckon for Taxi especially.
FWIW I think the position cap needs to include players on IR.

So 4 QBs means 4 QBs, including IR.

I might be wrong, but towards the end of last year I seem to recall (admittedly with whisky affected brain cells) that some people had 6 QBs, by listing IR QBs.

Not having a go at anyone from last year, but I think that the IR approach which allows stockpiling is counter to the basics of the comp, which is equity via salary, position caps and years...

But s**t, we all wanna see GG draft 47 UDFA QBs that aren't even on the MFL database (Hayne as QB for Fiji NFL team...), so maybe I dunno what I am talking about....

FWIW I think the position cap needs to include players on IR.

So 4 QBs means 4 QBs, including IR.

I might be wrong, but towards the end of last year I seem to recall (admittedly with whisky affected brain cells) that some people had 6 QBs, by listing IR QBs.

Not having a go at anyone from last year, but I think that the IR approach which allows stockpiling is counter to the basics of the comp, which is equity via salary, position caps and years...

But s**t, we all wanna see GG draft 47 UDFA QBs that aren't even on the MFL database (Hayne as QB for Fiji NFL team...), so maybe I dunno what I am talking about....
You have 5 QBs all starters, will be hard to let some go.
I have 1 starter, 2 to cut, 1 more to maybe keep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So GG just sent me a trade proposal saying we can't 'pass' a pick and he'll gladly take them off my hands. So you force these compensatory picks on us and then we're forced to take them too? So we either retain a player we don't won't, or draft a player we don't want?

These rules need refining...

ok that worked.

--- under commish settings there's a "SKIP PICK" which when clicked skips the person currently on the clock.
--- under commish settings there's a "REVERT DRAFT" which when clicked opens a page where you can go back in time, undoing as many picks as you want, and releasing all the drafted players to that point.

so......

whomever wants to have their picks passed, let me know which ones you want, stating exactly "4.17" or whatever, so that I can skip it when it goes on the clock. Just make sure you dont have any pre-draft list saved for those picks.

They're either skipped or traded for a legitimate player or future picks. Can't just give them away. What if more than one person wants that pick, which if there's room on taxi why wouldn't they?

They're either skipped or traded for a legitimate player or future picks. Can't just give them away. What if more than one person wants that pick, which if there's room on taxi why wouldn't they?
Obviously, I'd trade for them. Just saying, if people are seriously wanting to just "pass" them, i'll put my hand up for acquiring them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back