2017 England vs South Africa [4 Test matches]

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night kind of sums up the series, England just a step ahead most of the time. Also this series sums up Morkel's career. Hasn't got anywhere near the spoils he's deserved.

Yes for the best part of a decade he has been consistently considered amongst batsmen as in the top couple of their least favourite paceman to face.

Yet any semblance of fortune with the ball seems to elude him. God knows how many times we've seen that habit of his where he throws both arms behind his head in frustration after an edge is eluded or goes over the cordon.

Only person who ended AB's career was himself because he clearly had no real interest in continuing. Bloke has played 100 tests and achieved everything in test cricket so why go on if the heart isn't there?

Its the players the next tier down like Roussow they're missing.

When he got injured they had afew wins , so when he got fit he didnt want to disrupt their lineup and the quota's according to what I read.

They are missing Kyle Abbott and some of the players who went to country cricket. The harsh domestic quotas are forcing them out..

Too little too late probably but this is a gem of a knock from Amla. Had to weather a brilliant initial tilt from Broad and Anderson - there was one ball from Anderson that you'd almost be proud to nick - and now he's playing those back-foot punches that he'd do monotonously when he was at the top of his game.

Amla looks like his career is coming to its end the way he's going. Steyn keeps getting injured. Philander is the same.

England will beat us I reckon this summer

Far as I am aware Steyn had the one major injury in Perth that he was still recovering from?

Amla looks like his career is coming to its end the way he's going. Steyn keeps getting injured. Philander is the same.

England will beat us I reckon this summer

Amla averaged 41 in the series just gone, off the back of a century and a half century in the Champion's Trophy just before it. Averaged 48 last year and 41 all told this year. He's going ok, he's just not getting those huge scores like before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back