2017 England vs South Africa [4 Test matches]

Remove this Banner Ad

About even for the day but SA would be pretty happy with that.
Took a gamble batting first in what sounded like (I've only been following cricinfo) bowler friendly conditions, with only 6 batsmen, and to go from 6-230 or so to 6-309 is huge.

Philander ftw

reckon the poms have to many all rounders atm,

rain an greenish pitch aside, to have your lead spin bowler bowl 7 overs, warney would be pulling his hair out in the com box..

root v SA will need close to 400,

anderson should count himself unlucky.
he bowled a superb spell against alma, but just could not snare him.
its what test cricket is all about.
and just one of the reason's why it is the best form of cricket.

anderson should count himself unlucky.
he bowled a superb spell against alma, but just could not snare him.
its what test cricket is all about.
and just one of the reason's why it is the best form of cricket.

This.

Hit and giggle bubble gum 20202020 cricket doesnt come remotely close.

to steal a line it's all happening this morning. again root to save the day. may aswell bat at 3

Jennings an ballance ain't the answer. just can't find that opener for cook.
funny thing is stokes pulls up sore from bowling yet will bowl close to 40 overs this test. hope it doesn't take away from his batting.

funny thing is stokes pulls up sore from bowling yet will bowl close to 40 overs this test. hope it doesn't take away from his batting.

Serious?

Jennings looks fine to me, made a couple of solid starts in his second test and last night got an absolute peach.

Ballance been solid enough in his three innings since returning to the lineup. Should have gone on in at least one of them, but clearly is pretty close to the mark as a test batsman, just needs a breakthrough innings to get that feeling of belonging back.

Seeing highlights of Anderson cleaning up the tail in that burst was pretty impressive and shows he's still got some bite to his bowling.

But glad to see a good day from the Proteas again, still a quality lineup in all respects.

Serious?

Jennings looks fine to me, made a couple of solid starts in his second test and last night got an absolute peach.

Ballance been solid enough in his three innings since returning to the lineup. Should have gone on in at least one of them, but clearly is pretty close to the mark as a test batsman, just needs a breakthrough innings to get that feeling of belonging back..

just feel robson will get a look in next test if they fail 2nd dig,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jennings , Ballance , Dawson and Wood should be replaced..
Woakes is close to coming back so I imagine he will be back in. I would go with Tom Curran or Footitt , but I cant see the selectors having the balls to pick them.

Another disciplined day by the South Africans. A real feature of theirs under du Plessis.

where the hell did the selectors pull this guy from?
goes from being 4th/5th choice to being number one . I dont trust our selection panel..
the top guy has bad judgement .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back