2017 England vs South Africa [4 Test matches]

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have cleaned them up by now when they were 60-7 . No idea why Root bowled himself for 2 overs when they were on the ropes..

Should have cleaned them up by now when they were 60-7 . No idea why Root bowled himself for 2 overs when they were on the ropes..
Would have bowled them out for less than 100 if they played Footitt instead of that spud Toby Roland-Jones.

wow didn't see this coming from roland jones wasn't that impressed in his first odi but bowling well.. a young stu clark?

Typically empty reply

For someone who loves the game as much as you and occasionally shows a surprising insight, you are amazingly reluctant to enter into meaningful discussion about it.
Geez England are s**t......

There's the meaningful discussion that you crave.

Hope Jennings comes out on the ashes tour if there is one, looks out of his depth ala Vince or Dooloan... Westley looks way better without being overly impressive either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment Jennings is surviving on temperament over technique - pretty much in the way Ballance has carved out his career but a role batting at three the scrutiny is less forgiving due to the exclusivity placed on it by the likes of Chappell.

I do like the fact that Jennings got his chance, but does need to find a way to kick on and develop his scoring ability lest he stagnate somewhat as guys like Ballance, Compton & Robson have done recently for them. There is still hope though - Pujara seems to have broken through his rough trot and historically we saw the likes of Langer, Hussey, Katich, Rogers really throw off the shackles after a lengthy period of development and become quite up-tempo batsmen.

wow didn't see this coming from roland jones wasn't that impressed in his first odi but bowling well.. a young stu clark?

He'll be 30 in January, so maybe just a regular Stu Clark?

At the moment Jennings is surviving on temperament over technique - pretty much in the way Ballance has carved out his career but a role batting at three the scrutiny is less forgiving due to the exclusivity placed on it by the likes of Chappell.

I do like the fact that Jennings got his chance, but does need to find a way to kick on and develop his scoring ability lest he stagnate somewhat as guys like Ballance, Compton & Robson have done recently for them. There is still hope though - Pujara seems to have broken through his rough trot and historically we saw the likes of Langer, Hussey, Katich, Rogers really throw off the shackles after a lengthy period of development and become quite up-tempo batsmen.

I get the comparison but these blokes were first class bullies, in, at the time a standard comparable to test cricket. Jennings first class record is not even good in county... I know hameed was out of form but he's a kid i would have persisted over a bloke averaging 35 from a reasonable sample size

Morris gives Stokes a send off..
considering the match situation and that Morris has been smashed all over !!!
clown behaviour !

I get the comparison but these blokes were first class bullies, in, at the time a standard comparable to test cricket. Jennings first class record is not even good in county... I know hameed was out of form but he's a kid i would have persisted over a bloke averaging 35 from a reasonable sample size

Nah no way could Hameed be justifiably picked after the start to the summer he has had. I agree that long term he is the best option, but clearly not in the frame of mind or touch with the bat to be selected in these tests.

The saffer attack could enjoy the Manchester wicket...
The type of place where Morkel and Rabada could do well .

What an empty statement.

They "could" enjoy bowling anywhere, they're a quality lineup. But there's not been much to suggest so far on this tour that they'll dominate the English batsmen, for the majority they've bowled well and have rarely relented in their discipline but England have thus far had enough answers to keep them at bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back