2017 F1 Australian GP

Remove this Banner Ad

Crofty taking so many Ls today

Tie on points with a reigning champion in a debut season?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

But he had the car around him to do that. I want to see how he goes in a situation like Schumacher was in 1998-1999.

But he had the car around him to do that. I want to see how he goes in a situation like Schumacher was in 1998-1999.
It's still mighty impressive to come in and immediately tie the reigning champ. Not to mention wins in the average McLaren of 2009 and the tyre-eater that was the 2013 Mercedes.

Plus, the Ferrari of 98-99 wasn't far away at all. Eddie Irvine (yes, Irvine) was able to challenge Haikkonen for the title in 99 - so I think you're vastly underestimating the Ferrari of that era.

Go Kvyat. DO it for STR .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's still mighty impressive to come in and immediately tie the reigning champ. Not to mention wins in the average McLaren of 2009 and the tyre-eater that was the 2013 Mercedes.

Plus, the Ferrari of 98-99 wasn't far away at all. Eddie Irvine (yes, Irvine) was able to challenge Haikkonen for the title in 99 - so I think you're vastly underestimating the Ferrari of that era.

I am a bit of a want to see them struggle guy, Vettel's first year at Ferrari impressed me more than any of his years at Red Bull.

Oh damn ballsy from Hulkenberg

I am a bit of a want to see them struggle guy, Vettel's first year at Ferrari impressed me more than any of his years at Red Bull.
Ultimately every champion has won with the best or nearly the best car. The only occasion in recent memory where anyone looked truly competitive in an average car was Alonso in 2012.

On ya Seb. Legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back