Competitions 2017 Fantasy Football Questions & Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you guys think of Hurley as a pick?

Eh, I'm not too keen on key defenders in terms of fantasy. Rampe would be a better choice IMO

Eh, I'm not too keen on key defenders in terms of fantasy. Rampe would be a better choice IMO
He was pretty good in SC a few years ago. Was very consistent.

0-70 in 2/19 games
71-99 in 8/19 games
100+ in 9/19 games

Love that breakdown of scoring, just wondering what changes with a new coach.

I was heavily considering both but the fact that Hannebery has a better outside game than either led me to pick him.

093e3d299a.png
1dd836d05c.png
8d40adb4d8.png

Above is Left - Right; Pendlebury, Kennedy, Hannebury.

All three are pretty good options, I think JPK and Hannebury can both improve on last year, whilst Pendlebury is just so hard to leave out.

It's probably between Rockliff and Hannebury for me at this point, Rocky is a risk but can go large so i'm tempted, especially if he's actually as fit as he's ever been.

He was pretty good in SC a few years ago. Was very consistent.

0-70 in 2/19 games
71-99 in 8/19 games
100+ in 9/19 games

Love that breakdown of scoring, just wondering what changes with a new coach.
Yeah. He's the kind of key defender that does score well (along with your Gov types). I just think that Rampe's a better option in that price range.

Underpriced but also slightly underdone aparently (compared to the rest of the 12). Had barely considered him until now, but he averaged 106 after Hooker went forward (admittedly only the last 6 rounds) - imagine he'll grab more intercept marks with Hooker forward. Definitely consider if he looks fit during JLT

Was locked from the start for me, way underpriced

I had him, then didn't have him, now considering having him again.

Uncertain role + likelihood of being rested are my concerns, at least with Heppell you know he's playing every game and in the midfield. Watson surely gets rested for some of the interstate games, but he showed that he's still a massively important part of our midfield so unlikely to be camped in the forward line too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some say the only reason Hurley scored 95 in 2015 is because the Essendon midfield was weak so the ball very frequently went into your defence 50, was this true?

Thanks

Hi Guys, I am organizing an AFL Fantasy and SC league with one person representing each AFL club. Prizes for the minor premier and winner. If any Bombers supporters are keen to join one or both competitions can you inbox me or quote this post and I will send you an invite code. I will edit this post if one or both spots have been filled.

EDIT: SC spot filled. AF spot still available

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I am organizing an AFL Fantasy and SC league with one person representing each AFL club. Prizes for the minor premier and winner. If any Bombers supporters are keen to join one or both competitions can you inbox me or quote this post and I will send you an invite code. I will edit this post if one or both spots have been filled.

I'd be keen to jump in on the SC league if you don't have a bomber yet?

Very happy with my midfield and forwardline atm, backline is an issue like every other year.
Laird
Mills
Hibberd
Z.Jones (getting midfield minutes)
Hampton
Otten
T. Stewart
J.Smith

Might drop one of my mids to upgrade the defence but still unsure.

Very happy with my midfield and forwardline atm, backline is an issue like every other year.
Laird
Mills
Hibberd
Z.Jones (getting midfield minutes)
Hampton
Otten
T. Stewart
J.Smith

Might drop one of my mids to upgrade the defence but still unsure.
I'd be more inclined to go the other way tbh, there's more promise in the def rookies than any other line atm.

Right now I've got: T. Adams / Laird / K. Kolo / Hampton / Newman / Stewart / Vickers-Willis / L. Ryan (along with Hibberd Jr. in the mids, and likely to chicken out and put Tuohy or another decent midpricer in for K. Kolo).

Interested to see whether Otten pushes in for R1...

I'd be more inclined to go the other way tbh, there's more promise in the def rookies than any other line atm.

Right now I've got: T. Adams / Laird / K. Kolo / Hampton / Newman / Stewart / Vickers-Willis / L. Ryan (along with Hibberd Jr. in the mids, and likely to chicken out and put Tuohy or another decent midpricer in for K. Kolo).

Interested to see whether Otten pushes in for R1...
Yours is good but id try and find a way to fit Mills in, he will average atleast 100 this year imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back