Resource 2017 Financial Results

Eagles with the lowest AFL distribution but tops the profits and net assest with zero gaming revenue.

Collingwood would be losing money every year without gaming revenues.

So much for the biggest and best club on and off the field Eddie. Time for a change there. How van a club with so many supporters need gambling revenue to turn a profit? After all the block buster games and time slots the AFL gifts them?

Pies dont get as good a stadium deal as you do.

Mcc and afl retain half the stadium seating, corp sales, most of the signage and food and bev

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Pies dont get as good a stadium deal as you do.

Mcc and afl retain half the stadium seating, corp sales, most of the signage and food and bev

Every year the Eagles pay 50% of their profits as dividends to the WAFL to fund WA grass roots football development and the competition. So all those WA kids drafted into the AFL have been developed from West Coast profits over the years. Franklin, Cripps, half the GC and GWS list, Carlton loves WA kids for some reason.

And they still have built net assets of $64 million dollar on the balance sheet..........with no gambling revenue!

bombersfan4000

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Every year the Eagles pay 50% of their profits as dividends to the WAFL to fund WA grass roots football development and the competition. So all those WA kids drafted into the AFL have been developed from West Coast profits over the years. Franklin, Cripps, half the GC and GWS list, Carlton loves WA kids for some reason.

And they still have built net assets of $64 million dollar on the balance sheet..........with no gambling revenue!
Dream stadium deals and not having to share a state filled with 9 other teams

You get a stadium you control where you can sell it as fully ticketed

Pies cant. For members areas they compete with the afl and mcc, and for bookings the stadium controls that.

Its a completely different dynamic

DERIBERATE

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds, Bohemians
You get a stadium you control where you can sell it as fully ticketed

Pies cant. For members areas they compete with the afl and mcc, and for bookings the stadium controls that.

Its a completely different dynamic
So they should build their own stadium and stop paying rent.

DERIBERATE

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds, Bohemians
Afl control fixturing. Even if they wanted to play vic park, it cannot happen
Break away from the AFL then.

The media rights aren't worth 2.6 billion because people like watching Gill's pressers. The clubs are the content.

It's about time the clubs showed some balls.

Break away from the AFL then.

The media rights aren't worth 2.6 billion because people like watching Gill's pressers. The clubs are the content.

It's about time the clubs showed some balls.

Cant

Afl own the rights to clubs names, logo, and jersey

If the pies breakaway it would have to be as the abbotsford sparrows

Yeah nothing to do with West Coast's cheapest adult ticket being $55.

It's all the stadium deal.

its the ratio of them, we have people here complaining how few of those cheap tickets there are.

I'll put it on you. excluding stadium deal and all that encompasses, what is WCE doing that collingwood isnt? what is collingwood doing wrong off field financially?

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
its the ratio of them, we have people here complaining how few of those cheap tickets there are.

I'll put it on you. excluding stadium deal and all that encompasses, what is WCE doing that collingwood isnt? what is collingwood doing wrong off field financially?

Raising a shitload more money. And it's not just reserved seats, you should see what they get from their coterie groups.

I'm not saying Collingwood is doing anything wrong financially, they're just not as big a club as West Coast are. If they charged the same as the Eagles their crowds would probably halve.

Raising a shitload more money. And it's not just reserved seats, you should see what they get from their coterie groups.

I'm not saying Collingwood is doing anything wrong financially, they're just not as big a club as West Coast are. If they charged the same as the Eagles their crowds would probably halve.

raising it how? this is collingwood, so you cant accuse them of not hitting sponsors hard enough, and to imply they have weak coteries is laughable.

so how are WCE raising a shitload more money than collingwood, excluding everything related to the stadium deal?

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
raising it how? this is collingwood, so you cant accuse them of not hitting sponsors hard enough, and to imply they have weak coteries is laughable.

I didn't imply that at all. Just because they're not the biggest doesn't mean that they're small.

But have a look for yourself.
http://events.wce.com.au/optus-stadium/about

They're selling heaps of seats for thousands a year. Sometimes tens of thousands. The premiership lounge - just 150 seats - raises a million bucks alone. The legends club - $6000 a seat. The skydeck is over $3k a seat - and they're not even good seats. Plus a bunch of other groups that would also be nice earners for them.

so how are WCE raising a shitload more money than collingwood, excluding everything related to the stadium deal?

Ticket prices are signficantly higher. Like I said, the *cheapest* adult ticket is $55, and that's limited to a very small section of the ground. Most seats are $77 and over. Looking at Collingwood v Richmond, $55 seems to be the most expensive seat, with tickets as cheap as $25, and reserved seats from $30.
If you can't understand how West Coast would raise a ton more money from matchday then your maths needs some work.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
The $25 ticket price is set by the AFL - Melbourne being the only city where the AFL does this. Wasnt until recently that the AFL allowed the clubs to set some of their own pricing - but if it gets out of hand Vic Gov start to raise eyebrows at MCG entry costs.
What impact on crowds do you think it would have if it cost you and a mate $110 minimum to go as opposed to $50.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

It seems like you are missing the point people are making. West Coast get more money their match day because they get a clean stadium. The MCG clubs, like Collingwood, get a stadium with most of the premium sections (seats and corporate facilities) taken out of it. There are over 20K members of the MCC and AFL that Collingwood supporters.

Though we probably don't have access to the full information to assess it, I suspect Collingwood matches at the G would have an overall value at least the equal to WC games at the new stadium and certainly more than the mid 30s they averaged at Subiaco

I didn't imply that at all. Just because they're not the biggest doesn't mean that they're small.

But have a look for yourself.
http://events.wce.com.au/optus-stadium/about

They're selling heaps of seats for thousands a year. Sometimes tens of thousands. The premiership lounge - just 150 seats - raises a million bucks alone. The legends club - $6000 a seat. The skydeck is over $3k a seat - and they're not even good seats. Plus a bunch of other groups that would also be nice earners for them.

Ticket prices are signficantly higher. Like I said, the *cheapest* adult ticket is $55, and that's limited to a very small section of the ground. Most seats are $77 and over. Looking at Collingwood v Richmond, $55 seems to be the most expensive seat, with tickets as cheap as $25, and reserved seats from $30.
If you can't understand how West Coast would raise a ton more money from matchday then your maths needs some work.

The MCG holds 100K. Collingwood has a thousands of Legends members who pay $900 for an adult and a stack more who pay for captains memberships. The cheapest home game season ticket is $405 which is more than the eagles cheapest

But in a 100K stadium there are still 10s of thousands of non season ticketed seats to sell for most games. The eagles would have barely any at subiaco. The GA tickets at the G for Collingwood and Richmond would be in seats at altitudes that don't exist at the Perth Stadium

Are you saying RFC have max seating for members at H & A games of 50k @ the G. Pies the same?

Yes, because we have no control over afl/mcc memberships

AFL and MCC members combined have around 40-45 thousand seats and and obviously there has to be a few thousand GA seats available to there's your 50k max member seat limit for home teams

And whose fault is that? With 40% the population of Melbourne they have 2 team compared to 10. Clearly a stupid imbalance.

WA3, Tas1 ;)

On one hand, you want teams based on population, and then in the next breath you want a Tas team...

If you ever wonder why you're not taken serious, you might want to ponder on this.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
On one hand, you want teams based on population, and then in the next breath you want a Tas team...

If you ever wonder why you're not taken serious, you might want to ponder on this.

More BS. I was responding to BF4000 post above.

Ironic is a bomber supporter moaning about sharing a state with 9 other teams when bitching about WCE financial position, when they have only 1 other club in a city the size of Perth. Whose fault???

I guess taking things out of context is about all you've got.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Understood, just curious when the Eagles have 50k seats for members, & so do the clubs that call the G home. Do these clubs sell out 11 game seated memberships?

So how often is the Tiges area chockers? How would you know?

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Understood, just curious when the Eagles have 50k seats for members, & so do the clubs that call the G home. Do these clubs sell out 11 game seated memberships?

So how often is the Tiges area chockers? How would you know?

Ahhhh I see now, you no comprende again

Collingwood, for instance, has 25kish AFL and MCC members. These members also have guest pass rights.

There are also 17 games one can go to in Melbourne each year, most of these are at the 100K MCG.

While Collingwood has a large number of 11 (and 17) game season ticket seat holders in addition to their 25K AFL/MCC members, playing out of a 100K stadium makes a GA membership a lot more viable (in terms of getting entry to the grounds).

I suspect the Vic team with the highest seated memberships would be Essendon

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Ahhhh I see now, you no comprende again

Collingwood, for instance, has 25kish AFL and MCC members. These members also have guest pass rights.

There are also 17 games one can go to in Melbourne each year, most of these are at the 100K MCG.

While Collingwood has a large number of 11 (and 17) game season ticket seat holders in addition to their 25K AFL/MCC members, playing out of a 100K stadium makes a GA membership a lot more viable (in terms of getting entry to the grounds).

I suspect the Vic team with the highest seated memberships would be Essendon

Nice, the AFL/MCC numbers are regularly reported, but I was driving at the sellouts by clubs, are they common, or is 90% effectively the best we get? 10% AWOL.
I understood (no link) that the Pies sell out occasionally but have not heard of the Tiges doing so, not saying its not happening though.

I understand the Bombers have been trying to sell 100% of their allocated seating at Etihad, & have got close.

The Cats must be close if they haven't already sold out seated memberships at Sleepy Hollow.

Not across the SA club situation.

Back