Resource 2017 Financial Results

Max seating for reserve seating, not general entry memberships.

on his point we have less than the pies.

pies members get away seat rights, so when we play them "their" seats cannot be sold by us

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
on his point we have less than the pies.

pies members get away seat rights, so when we play them "their" seats cannot be sold by us

What would suck (not for us of course) is if that's been locked in for a further 20 years as part of the extended MCG agreement

Thought I would put this here given The_Wookie likes to separate revenue and expenditure items by category and its been pointed out that WCE and Freo do their corporate revenue breakdown more comprehensive than others so the basic figure from their accounts isn't a true apples with apples comparison.

This was an article in Today's West about Freo breaking their previous membership record.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...-for-first-time-in-club-history-ng-b88860030z
Fremantle chief executive Steve Rosich believes the club is set to defy its on-field struggles and post a profit for the 2018 season after setting a membership record. The Dockers had 55,121 members as of yesterday. “That is not only a record for the club and the first time we have gone past 55,000, it is in line with what we forecast for the 2018 season,” Rosich said.

West Coast are the only club to generate higher membership and corporate revenue than Fremantle, while the club’s “net sponsorship return” was third in the competition behind only Sydney and Geelong, he said.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...-for-first-time-in-club-history-ng-b88860030z

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Thought I would put this here given The_Wookie likes to separate revenue and expenditure items by category and its been pointed out that WCE and Freo do their corporate revenue breakdown more comprehensive than others so the basic figure from their accounts isn't a true apples with apples comparison.

This was an article in Today's West about Freo breaking their previous membership record.

Fremantle chief executive Steve Rosich believes the club is set to defy its on-field struggles and post a profit for the 2018 season after setting a membership record. The Dockers had 55,121 members as of yesterday. “That is not only a record for the club and the first time we have gone past 55,000, it is in line with what we forecast for the 2018 season,” Rosich said.

West Coast are the only club to generate higher membership and corporate revenue than Fremantle, while the club’s “net sponsorship return” was third in the competition behind only Sydney and Geelong, he said.

How clubs make their offers to corporates is not uniform, thus results are not necessarily comparable particularly line by line in the Financials.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

WCE made 12 mil profit last year (more then double 2nd) coming 3rd in membership revenue, 5th in gate and 14th in sponsorship. With an average year (bottom half of the 8) onfield as well.

According to that we are 1st in 2 of those catagories (Sponsorship and membership revenue) this year. Gate will also be well up (6 50k+ crowds in a row).

I got the feeling, no matter what happens onfield, WCE are going to post some stupid profit number for 2018 (20 mil+).

WCE made 12 mil profit last year (more then double 2nd) coming 3rd in membership revenue, 5th in gate and 14th in sponsorship. With an average year (bottom half of the 8) onfield as well.

According to that we are 1st in 2 of those catagories (Sponsorship and membership revenue) this year. Gate will also be well up (6 50k+ crowds in a row).

I got the feeling, no matter what happens onfield, WCE are going to post some stupid profit number for 2018 (20 mil+).
I think you need to read their official accounts lodged at ASIC which The_Wookie has linked in this thread that says $7.023m is development funding of that is part of the $10m the feds and $10m the state government have granted to them for their Lathlain Park development. Expect at least another $10m to be in the 2018 accounts, I'm not sure where the $1.8m development funding was in 2015 so the WCE will have a bottom line comprehensive profit of $15m in 2018.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I think you need to read their official accounts lodged at ASIC which The_Wookie has linked in this thread that says $7.023m is development funding of that is part of the $10m the feds and $10m the state government have granted to them for their Lathlain Park development. Expect at least another $10m to be in the 2018 accounts, I'm not sure where the $1.8m development funding was in 2015 so the WCE will have a bottom line comprehensive profit of $15m in 2018.

I am not worried about one off's like the Lathlain development. I am more interested in the underlying growth in revenue.

There is no doubt there will be a sizable spike in membership, sponsorship and gate revenues from moving to the new stadium.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I am not worried about one off's like the Lathlain development. I am more interested in the underlying growth in revenue.

There is no doubt there will be a sizable spike in membership, sponsorship and gate revenues from moving to the new stadium.
Great result.
I understand WA football owns the licence? Does that mean at some point there should be an increased distribution of funds to grass roots footy in WA?

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Great result.
I understand WA football owns the licence? Does that mean at some point there should be an increased distribution of funds to grass roots footy in WA?

Honestly they seem to take a fixed amount each year (3-4 million). If WCE have a consistant trend of higher revenue/profit I have no doubt WAFL will increase their take. Which honestly I don't have a problem with.

Honestly they seem to take a fixed amount each year (3-4 million). If WCE have a consistant trend of higher revenue/profit I have no doubt WAFL will increase their take. Which honestly I don't have a problem with.

There is a formula involved. I've seen it around, but wont claim to remember the details.

Pretty sure Freo is on the same formula, but because their numbers are lower, their payment is also lower.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
There is a formula involved. I've seen it around, but wont claim to remember the details.

Pretty sure Freo is on the same formula, but because their numbers are lower, their payment is also lower.

From West Coasts 2017 annual report (freo dont show this)

westcoastroyalties.png

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Back