2017 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

So if that Crer site is correct, then it looks like it'll be out of Alberton Oval or Richmond Oval for the third fixture

Personally, I'd be happy either way, I live near Richmond Oval

So if that Crer site is correct, then it looks like it'll be out of Alberton Oval or Richmond Oval for the third fixture

Personally, I'd be happy either way, I live near Richmond Oval

Didn't we play the Crows there about three seasons ago?

Surely Alberton is due.

The SNAFL love money, and I don't think there's ever been a preseason where we haven't played in Adelaide, so we'll get at least one

Best case: Alberton
Worst case: AAMI

Haven't they demolished that shithole yet?

Didn't we play the Crows there about three seasons ago?

Surely Alberton is due.
We certainly did, and after the Crows knocked off our mini league team by 10 goals, I'm led to believe that certain Crows fans were enquiring about grand final tickets as they left the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure AAMI is done for football.

If we play a preseason game at Alberton, I don't care what it takes I expect to see the most dominant physical game we are capable of. I'd love people to think "thank Christ we don't have to play them there all the time."

No deck chairs either

If we play a preseason game at Alberton, I don't care what it takes I expect to see the most dominant physical game we are capable of. I'd love people to think "thank Christ we don't have to play them there all the time."

No deck chairs either

Because making a point in pre-season really helps us come round 22?

Just realised that West Coast have a whopping 7 games in Melbourne next year. I understand why they'd want to give Sydney and Brisbane more because of their former Victorian connections, but 7 for West Coast as opposed to our 3?

7 games in Melbourne in a season would be a dream come true for me!

Looks like Alberton is out.

AFL set to schedule pre-season matches for Adelaide and Port Adelaide at SANFL ovals

SANFL parks Noarlunga and Richmond ovals are again on the AFL’s pre-season whiteboard.

The three-round pre-season fixture for February-March — expected to be confirmed in the next week — is most likely to have:

CROWS: Play one pre-season game in South Australia at Richmond Oval and two on the road before Adelaide opens the AFL premiership season at Adelaide Oval against GWS on March 26.

POWER: Play two pre-season matches in South Australia — at Noarlunga Oval and at Malseed Park, home of the West Gambier Football Club — one interstate, at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.

Port Adelaide is expected to play Richmond at Mount Gambier and St Kilda in the Melbourne Docklands precinct before opening the AFL premiership season against Sydney at the SCG on March 25.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/c456806acd2cc76463085463797f68cd

Playing NAB games at Richmond Oval is bullshit. I understand taking them out to the far north like Elizabeth and the far south like Noarlunga, but Richmond Oval is like 5 minutes out of the city. Anybody who can make it to Richmond Oval can make it to Adelaide Oval.
Elizabeth and Noarlunga aren't far. You're on regular buses on Main North or Main South or by car down them to near the grounds. Pointless exercises, Alberton - sure, give something to the older fans. Or outside the outer suburbs (Barossa or Clare up North or Victor or Goowla down South). Non-Alberton SANFL grounds is coffer filling for semi-bankrupt SANFL clubs and nothing else.

You can bet the SNAFL are the one's putting the pressure on for it. Is there seriously a single person who can get to Elizabeth or Noarlunga and are going to be won over to the Power, as AO is just too too far away to see them? I can't see KT ringing AFL House and going 'Gil, now favour time. Can you schedule us to play a NAB game at Unley this year? If our players can get in early practise at avoiding dog s**t on grounds, then top 4 looks much more promising'.

Elizabeth and Noarlunga aren't far. You're on regular buses on Main North or Main South or by car down them to near the grounds. Pointless exercises, Alberton - sure, give something to the older fans. Or outside the outer suburbs (Barossa or Clare up North or Victor or Goowla down South). Non-Alberton SANFL grounds is coffer filling for semi-bankrupt SANFL clubs and nothing else.

Fair, but at least better out there than ****ing West Adelaide.

If it were up to me we'd play our South Australian NAB games either at Alberton or in regional areas, no exceptions.

You can bet the SNAFL are the one's putting the pressure on for it. Is there seriously a single person who can get to Elizabeth or Noarlunga and are going to be won over to the Power, as AO is just too too far away to see them? I can't see KT ringing AFL House and going 'Gil, now favour time. Can you schedule us to play a NAB game at Unley this year? If our players can get in early practise at avoiding dog s**t on grounds, then top 4 looks much more promising'.

I like this. Take the game to the country to people who normally wouldn't get the chance to see it. Surely the Eyre Peninsula deserves a bit of face time.

Beats playing at the home grounds of local rivals who would s**t on our grave if given the chance.

Playing NAB games at Richmond Oval is bullshit. I understand taking them out to the far north like Elizabeth and the far south like Noarlunga, but Richmond Oval is like 5 minutes out of the city. Anybody who can make it to Richmond Oval can make it to Adelaide Oval.
it's fairly limited which SANFL grounds can be used for AFL preseason matches due to cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back