2017 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, as hard as it is to believe I think that many people are tired of seeing Hawthorn in all the prime time slots. We fell down the ladder a little way wand fell hard down the TV pecking order.

There's only one way back up. I expect plenty of action next year when we kill it this year.

Simple message - if we don't want to play home games at Etihad - get out to the bloody games at the MCG! Richmond and Collingwood had far better home crowd numbers than we did. Carlton and Essendon came close to our numbers. Take a look where Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood all fell on the ladder. Membership matters will count for little if other clubs can demonstrate to the AFL that they can bring more people through the gates at the MCG.

Don't want to play at Etihad - give the AFL no reason to put us there.

So no Bombers twice? That's 2 years in a row we play a side round 1 and only play them once in the H&A season. Cats in 2016

Based on their ladder position we were never going to play them twice.

Based on their ladder position we were never going to play them twice.
why not?
The system is:

- everyone needs to play 5 teams twice
- the previous year ladder gets seperated in 3 groups of 6
- you play 3 of the teams in your "conference" twice, and then one from the other two conferences.

This is why we are playing Cats, Swans and Crows twice (top 6), Pies once (mid 6), Suns (bottom 6)

Could have been Essendon

Simple message - if we don't want to play home games at Etihad - get out to the bloody games at the MCG! Richmond and Collingwood had far better home crowd numbers than we did. Carlton and Essendon came close to our numbers. Take a look where Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood all fell on the ladder. Membership matters will count for little if other clubs can demonstrate to the AFL that they can bring more people through the gates at the MCG.

Don't want to play at Etihad - give the AFL no reason to put us there.

I dont buy that.

Our MCG attendances stack up very favourably against Richmond and Collingwood - in some instances we have exceeded both. That said both clubs also have games at Docklands as well.

The only way we guarantee 7-8 home games at the MCG is to leave Tasmania and bring the games home - which is what the AFL want anyway

I'd love to have 11 home games at MCG to get full value out of my Kennedy Club membership, however it is not going to happen and I hate going to Dudlands for a home game however it will be a massive financial result for the Hawks should 45-50K turn up, we should make more money out of that one game than the dogs do all year, much better than playing some low ranked interstate team and having to pay to play like in other years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 10 to 20 is brutal.

You think? I don't think it looks too bad. Middle of the road teams sprinkled with some tough match ups (which can't be avoided). There are three travel games in four weeks but otherwise we stay in town (or Tasmania). I guess it all depends on how our top six double ups are travelling.

Geelong have a lot of talent out, not much in and they age some more...
Sydney look as strong as ever.
Adelaide picked up nothing that will address their midfield challenges.

I think we'll finish 6-8 on the ladder and the top six double ups are about the best we could hope for to help that outcome.

No?

They've effectively given the Bulldogs another home game. We're playing the reigning premiers at THEIR home ground as one of our home games? Get ****ed AFL, seriously.

At least we only go to WA, QLD and Sydney once and Adelaide twice.

2 x Thursday night games in Adelaide
Only 2 x Friday night both against Swans
7 x Sunday games
8 x 6 day breaks
1 x home match against dogs @ Etihad round 23
Not a great fixture
We are finally getting sent back to the end of the line.

It's going to be a tough few years. A 11-14 finish this year whilst we develop might be the best result.

Go hard at FA and try to do a Geelong

Noticed carlton get 6 home MCG and 5 etihad - so there is change after owning the stadium

we go OK at etihad, but the 2015 game v the doggies sold out etihad

Didn't we win multiple premierships with 6 days breaks stacked against us? We now have a much younger side - the 6 days breaks honestly won't be an issue.

Not the best draw, not the worst. 2 games against Collingwood and 2 games against the Suns should give us 4 wins straight up. No horror run of games - mostly broken up. Only one trip to Perth. The Etihad home game against the Bulldogs makes little sense when that game could well draw 60-65,000 at the MCG. Can't help AFL idiocy though.

Would have preferred maybe 1 or two more away MCG games - but overall the AFL could have handed us a much worse draw than this.

We are finally getting sent back to the end of the line.

It's going to be a tough few years. A 11-14 finish this year whilst we develop might be the best result.

Go hard at FA and try to do a Geelong

I love it when you speak like this. I am saving for a grand final ticket already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back