2017 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to be at the Melbourne or West Coast games, but if I was there, I would love to see Hawks fans actually clap Mitchell and Lewis when they get the ball. Why would anyone want to boo those guys?

Didn't we win multiple premierships with 6 days breaks stacked against us? We now have a much younger side - the 6 days breaks honestly won't be an issue.

Not the best draw, not the worst. 2 games against Collingwood and 2 games against the Suns should give us 4 wins straight up. No horror run of games - mostly broken up. Only one trip to Perth. The Etihad home game against the Bulldogs makes little sense when that game could well draw 60-65,000 at the MCG. Can't help AFL idiocy though.

Would have preferred maybe 1 or two more away MCG games - but overall the AFL could have handed us a much worse FIXture than this.

EFA.

I'm not going to be at the Melbourne or West Coast games, but if I was there, I would love to see Hawks fans actually clap Mitchell and Lewis when they get the ball. Why would anyone want to boo those guys?
I'd be surprised and disgusted if anyone did anything but show their respect to these guys.

:eek: - this guy maybe?

b3af7bf2_halfbaked-boo.gif

I'd be surprised and disgusted if anyone did anything but show their respect to these guys.
The AFL had an article about it being a grudge match already. I hope people aren't buying that tripe, and I hope the pre-game build-up doesn't carry this theme. It would be a million miles away from reality.

There will be some ironical boos, herald sun already pre written an article about disrespectful hawks fans, they cant wait to hit the publish key. They will tie it in somehow with a suggestion the AFL force O'Meara to move from the Hawks to the convincted drug cheats.

There will be some ironical boos, herald sun already pre written an article about disrespectful hawks fans, they cant wait to hit the publish key. They will tie it in somehow with a suggestion the AFL force O'Meara to move from the Hawks to the convincted drug cheats.

I doubt there will be any. They are champions of the club. I bet the club itself will build up the game as a send off of the champions, our chance to say goodbye and thank-you.

Also, I would let the HS hatred go. They won't be riding the Hawthorn hobby horse much longer. People tire of the negative attitude and will look for upside stories soon. Everyone loves the Doggies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt there will be any. They are champions of the club. I bet the club itself will build up the game as a send off of the champions, our chance to say goodbye and thank-you.

Also, I would let the HS hatred go. They won't be riding the Hawthorn hobby horse much longer. People tire of the negative attitude and will look for upside stories soon. Everyone loves the Doggies!
Well we boo Buddy with is also a Hawthorn champion. Lewis will get booed. Not sure about Mitch.

12 games on foxtel next year 9 on FTA
last year it was 6 games on foxtel 15 on FTA

that is a big change in one year

I wonder if there was a bit of Hawthorn fatigue in the TV ratings for 7? The pathological hatred for us, combined with certain media flogs really having it in for us may have dampened ratings for our games.

Is that confirmed? I haven't seen a broadcast guide yet. Or are you going off which games of the week Ch7 and Foxtel televised this year?
on the hawks website at the bottom of the fixture by numbers article

I wonder if there was a bit of Hawthorn fatigue in the TV ratings for 7? The pathological hatred for us, combined with certain media flogs really having it in for us may have dampened ratings for our games.
Not sure how it might work over there, but in the US, ratings would indicate people have a tendancy to watch teams they hate (hoping they'll lose) nearly as often as they watch teams they love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back