Opinion 2017 Fixture Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait till the 2018 draw comes out and after Collingwoods 0-22 record in 2017 i,m betting the just AFL will activate the same reasoning on only performing clubs get prime time slots.
Sucks to be the Pies in 2018.4.40pm Sunday twilight matches each home game.Here they come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They did as recently as a few years a go play a bunch of twilight games on Sunday.
Maybe RFC are not great negotiaters when it comes to stating their case.

They did as recently as a few years a go play a bunch of twilight games on Sunday.
Maybe RFC are not great negotiaters when it comes to stating their case.
Nah.AFLGil are just a bunch of Hyprocrites who move the posts when it suits.Granted we had a crap year but before that we made finals 3yrs in a row.Yet Collingwood have had 4 s**t years in a row.And don't get me started on Essendrugs.:mad::mad::mad:

Nah.AFLGil are just a bunch of Hyprocrites who move the posts when it suits.Granted we had a crap year but before that we made finals 3yrs in a row.Yet Collingwood have had 4 s**t years in a row.And don't get me started on Essendrugs.:mad::mad::mad:
Essendon will get the biggest crowds of the year in 2017 ... bank on it!

Why are you guys so obsessed with Geelong? There are 17 other teams that are going to kick your ass in 17.

We're not obsessed with your club, Caddy and your 2017 first round pick was enough. Move on

and don't ever forget the upgrade on pick 64. We should mention this upgrade EVERY time we talk of the Josh Caddy trade.

l2.gif

l1.gif

Last edited:
Why are people so upbeat about Adelaide and Saints? I don't get it, they don't have bad lists but Adelaide top 4? Saints top 6? Get outtta here
saints are s**t

LOL at people whinging about not getting a Friday night game like it should be simply handed to us because we have a big membership base. AFL has made it clear that clubs need to earn Friday night games and we certainly didn't earn any on our performances in 2016. On the plus side we have 2 Thursday night games and a Monday night game which will give us good exposure if we're playing a better brand of footy in 2017.

So the ball is in our court play a good brand of footy, win plenty of games and play finals in 2017 and we'll be back in the prime time slots in 2018, continue to play like busted arseholes and we're going to be screwed over again.
Glad we don't have Friday's. Boy, I was cringing at our performances 2016. Honestly felt for oppo supporters, with no vested interest, tuning in for the Friday night game for some entertainment and got what we served up. Seriously did not think we deserved that stage. Time to earn it back in 2017.

Crows were top 4 most of the year and choked their chance to secure it. They will be around the mark again unless they get found out.

Sydney showed the comp how to shut down Adelaide. Just shut down any space on the ground. Turn it into a contested game and Adelaide struggle. Their whole game plan is based around quick ball movement and open space. Denyn them that and they aren't all that great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney showed the comp how to shut down Adelaide. Just shut down any space on the ground. Turn it into a contested game and Adelaide struggle. Their whole game plan is based around quick ball movement and open space. Denyn them that and they aren't all that great.
Their game plan sounds similar to the dogs. They got better without danger. They still have plenty of players that can improve too imo.

So, how I think the season may pan out:

2017 Richmond Fixture:

Round 1: vs Carlton (MCG) - WIN
Round 2: vs Collingwood (MCG) - WIN
Round 3: vs West Coast (MCG) - WIN
Round 4: vs Brisbane (Gabba) - WIN
Round 5: vs Melbourne (MCG) - LOSS
Round 6: vs Adelaide (AO) - LOSS
Round 7: vs Western Bulldogs (ES) - LOSS
Round 8: vs Fremantle (MCG) - WIN
Round 9: vs GWS (Spotless) - WIN
Round 10: vs Essendon (MCG) - LOSS
Round 11: vs North Melbourne (ES) - WIN
Round 12: BYE
Round 13: vs Sydney (MCG) - LOSS
Round 14: vs Carlton (MCG) - WIN
Round 15: vs Port Adelaide (AO) - LOSS
Round 16: vs St Kilda (ES) - LOSS
Round 17: vs Brisbane (ES) - WIN
Round 18: vs GWS (MCG) - LOSS
Round 19: vs Gold Coast (Metricon) - LOSS
Round 20: vs Hawthorn (MCG) - WIN
Round 21: vs Geelong (SS) - LOSS
Round 22: vs Fremantle (DS) - LOSS
Round 23: vs St Kilda (MCG) - LOSS

End result:

- 10-12 after being 7-4 at the time of the bye.

Double ups:

Carlton: 2-0
Brisbane: 2-0
Fremantle: 1-1
GWS: 1-1
St Kilda: 0-2

Interstate: 2-4

I tried taking into account upsets (beating GWS at Spotless, West Coast in Melbourne and Hawthorn) and some disappointments (Not winning against St Kilda in neither games, losing to Melbourne again and losing to Essendon). The upsets are from 2016's perspective though and could be seen as an expected result either way come season proper.

I know it is early but to be honest I struggle to get these right a day before the matches anyway so I'll just have a go game-by-game just coz.

You dont think the home clubs request takes priority given its their home game?

Away teams can influence, but thats all.

How would you feel if etihad clubs demanded all away games against them must be at etihad? Its as stupid as your demand
A lot of the Etihad clubs demand that their big games against local teams happen at the MCG so they can cash in. Forcing clubs like ours to make up the short fall, for clubs like the bombers to have their cake and eat it too.

So, how I think the season may pan out:

2017 Richmond Fixture:

Round 1: vs Carlton (MCG) - WIN
Round 2: vs Collingwood (MCG) - WIN
Round 3: vs West Coast (MCG) - WIN
Round 4: vs Brisbane (Gabba) - WIN
Round 5: vs Melbourne (MCG) - LOSS
Round 6: vs Adelaide (AO) - LOSS
Round 7: vs Western Bulldogs (ES) - LOSS
Round 8: vs Fremantle (MCG) - WIN
Round 9: vs GWS (Spotless) - WIN
Round 10: vs Essendon (MCG) - LOSS
Round 11: vs North Melbourne (ES) - WIN
Round 12: BYE
Round 13: vs Sydney (MCG) - LOSS
Round 14: vs Carlton (MCG) - WIN
Round 15: vs Port Adelaide (AO) - LOSS
Round 16: vs St Kilda (ES) - LOSS
Round 17: vs Brisbane (ES) - WIN
Round 18: vs GWS (MCG) - LOSS
Round 19: vs Gold Coast (Metricon) - LOSS
Round 20: vs Hawthorn (MCG) - WIN
Round 21: vs Geelong (SS) - LOSS
Round 22: vs Fremantle (DS) - LOSS
Round 23: vs St Kilda (MCG) - LOSS

End result:

- 10-12 after being 7-4 at the time of the bye.

Double ups:

Carlton: 2-0
Brisbane: 2-0
Fremantle: 1-1
GWS: 1-1
St Kilda: 0-2

Interstate: 2-4

I tried taking into account upsets (beating GWS at Spotless, West Coast in Melbourne and Hawthorn) and some disappointments (Not winning against St Kilda in neither games, losing to Melbourne again and losing to Essendon). The upsets are from 2016's perspective though and could be seen as an expected result either way come season proper.

I know it is early but to be honest I struggle to get these right a day before the matches anyway so I'll just have a go game-by-game just coz.
Don't think that's too far off what we can expect. We may do better as if in this scenario we start 4-0 , team will have confidence to get wins in those games that we would expect to lose . On the other hand, say if jack or Rance go down we have next to nothing up forward or down back and things could get ugly again. Really looking forward to seeing how the game style looks next year, see if they really have reviewed everything !!

If we could predict the season perfectly we'd all retire. No problem with people having a crack. I'll have a go closer to the opening round.

I like to have a look at our NAB (or whatever they will call it next year) form first. That's just me.

They say you can't make assumptions on the NAB but I think with us you can and also the 1st few opening rounds.

We're never in that zone.

We have to be better than that. We need to start putting away sides - even and most importantly the bogies.

The competition is notorious for scrappy 'blow away the cobwebs' type footy in the early rounds but I still think you can see if you've got some improvement coming through with individuals. Especially those who you might be banking on stepping up. We've a number of players this year who failed on this score still on our list so, yes, I'll be watching them. Should be a good barometer.

Fumbly footy early on is one thing but chooks running around with their heads cut off is another. Really, that's how I saw us after the NAB had finished and the season had started this year.

I want to see real achievement in what we've done over the off season. Not just players but coaches and game style. Solid development. Understanding and effort from the get go.

Sorry rant over.

If we could predict the season perfectly we'd all retire. No problem with people having a crack. I'll have a go closer to the opening round.

I like to have a look at our NAB (or whatever they will call it next year) form first. That's just me.

They say you can't make assumptions on the NAB but I think with us you can and also the 1st few opening rounds.

We're never in that zone.

We have to be better than that. We need to start putting away sides - even and most importantly the bogies.

The competition is notorious for scrappy 'blow away the cobwebs' type footy in the early rounds but I still think you can see if you've got some improvement coming through with individuals. Especially those who you might be banking on stepping up. We've a number of players this year who failed on this score still on our list so, yes, I'll be watching them. Should be a good barometer.

Fumbly footy early on is one thing but chooks running around with their heads cut off is another. Really, that's how I saw us after the NAB had finished and the season had started this year.

I want to see real achievement in what we've done over the off season. Not just players but coaches and game style. Solid development. Understanding and effort from the get go.

Sorry rant over.
Agree - we will know very early on how the season will pan out. First and foremost a more competitive game style but also if we start 2-4 or the like yet again will show we have learnt nothing , esp with winnable games early

Remove this Banner Ad

Back